WinchX install and P3D v4

jsaviator

I believe that others have had a problem with this as well, but their solutions (at least to me) weren't all too clear-- I hope someone  who has previously had an issue with this can give me some insight.

When trying to run WinchX.exe in P3D v4 I get an error: "This application could not be started because the side-by-side configuration is invalid, see the application event log for more information."

In the exe.xml file, I have added:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Name>WinchX</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V4\SimObjects\Modules\WinchX\WinchX.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine></CommandLine>
    <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
  </Launch.Addon>

(I changed all instances of "WinchX!" to just "WinchX")

----as to the installation, the WinchX .zip file has two folders, SimObjects and Modules. The P3D v4 main folder has Modules *under* SimObjects... so does the *downloaded* WinchX Modules folder go in the main Prepar3D V4 folder, or is it merged with the SimObjects/Modules folder, which would give me Prepar3D v4/SimObjects/Modules/WinchX/winchX.exe  ...?

Provided I get this installed correctly, am I supposed to start WinchX by a shortcut to the .exe file when P3D is running, or will there be an addition to the menu bar at the top of the screen that I select?

Any solutions are *very* welcome"--thanks!

Scott Anderson

• Deputy Sheriffs

Welcome to the Aerosoft forums, Scott. As the title where you first posted states, there's no support there. I moved this for you to a more appropriate location in the forum. While you're waiting for a reply, please take a few minutes to become familiar with the forum layout so you'll know where to get help in the future.

Please be aware this is a peer-to-peer support type forum and that since this is one of our older freeware add-ons, it will likely take some time for someone who's familiar with it to offer help. It was released in 2009, so as it's a 32 bit add-on, there's no guarantees it will even work with a 64 bit sim like P3Dv4. For starters though, if you haven't already looked, please check the launch page here.

• Deputy Sheriffs

You're too quick on the draw, LOL. I was looking up the launch page to add it to the reply, so this will be moved in a minute or so.

Archived