FS Flight keeper on MSFS

Elad

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Thomas Molitor said:

Yes. But some features won't work any longer (e.g. gauge, core module). Current version will work with some limitations. So you can already use it now. No time window for release yet. ;)

Cheers

Thomas

Hi thomas i am getting "IPC Time out all retries" error when tyring to connect to FS?
am i missing something?

4 minutes ago, Thomas Molitor said:

I run latest MSFS and FSUIPC 7 Beta and it works fine.

ok i think it works only when FSFK run as admin

I think that apps using FSUIPC need to be running in the same user and elevated right context as the FSUIPC process. So if you use FSUIPC as admin FSFK needs it too. Otherwise the app cannot read the shared memory used to talk to FSUIPC. Thus the IPC errors.

2 hours ago, Thomas Molitor said:

I think that apps using FSUIPC need to be running in the same user and elevated right context as the FSUIPC process. So if you use FSUIPC as admin FSFK needs it too. Otherwise the app cannot read the shared memory used to talk to FSUIPC. Thus the IPC errors.

the Fsuipc 7 isnt work as admin, i needed to set only FSFK as Admin

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2020 at 12:39 PM, Thomas Molitor said:

FYI: FSFK v3.6 Beta 1 with support for MSFS should be out soon. Hopefully tomorrow.

Regards

Thomas

As promised: http://www.flightkeeper.net/Downloads/FSFKB1790.zip

This beta is provided as is. FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY! 

Support only here. NO EMAIL SUPPORT!

Currently known MSFS limitations:

• MS Store and Steam versions should be detected automatically, but I didn't had the chance to fully test the Steam and DVD version
  • ACARS Device gauge and the Core module are not supported due to technical limitations (old native C++ Gauges/DLLs not allowed to run inside MSFS)
  • I will consider to port the ACARS Device to the new MSFS WASM framework at a later time next year (2021).
  • FSFK requires FSCUIPC 7 to be up and running
  • Weather data can not be read from FS directly
  • AI Traffic appears to always be "enroute"
  • Airports with no parkings are not included in the NAV-Database due to the large amount (this would increase FSFK loading times and memory usage) - corresponding FSFK option is ignored for MSFS
  • FSFK messages using the MSFS tips dialog send via FSUIPC can be empty
  • Startup time of FSFK increased due to the large NAV-Data amount of MSFS - To counter that I recommend to disable for example Aprons and other data you don't need to be displayed on the map in the FSFK scenery options section.
  • The ACARS Device Installer will only allow you to edit the aircraft specific settings as the gauge is currently not supported in MSFS.

Please take a look at the contained readme for installation, requirements and other notes.

Have fun and stay healthy

Thomas

• Thanks 1

Thank you Thomas for updating FSFK.  Does version 3.6 supports P3D?  

Completed a flight using P3D v4.5.  FSFK 3.6 behaved the same as with v3.5.  When I clicked on New Flight, Destination Airport was blank.  

11 hours ago, David Vega said:

Thank you Thomas for updating FSFK.  Does version 3.6 supports P3D?  

Completed a flight using P3D v4.5.  FSFK 3.6 behaved the same as with v3.5.  When I clicked on New Flight, Destination Airport was blank.  

No P3D support. I think most people will move to MSFS anyway and that's why I won't add it. But FSFK will still run,

but won't fill out Airports automatically for example.

Regards

Thomas

• Upvote 1

Thomas, can you please fix FSFK 3.5 to work with P3Dv5?  Up through P3Dv4, only the main runways were missing from the NavData and airport maps and FSFK was still usable.

But now using P3Dv5, almost all NavData is missing and the airport maps are useless and FSFK has become EOL.

Many of us airline guys won't be switching to MSFS for a good long while - until the major developers like PMDG have ported over.

Please, please fix FSFK to work with P3Dv5!

41 minutes ago, jordanal said:

Thomas, can you please fix FSFK 3.5 to work with P3Dv5?  Up through P3Dv4, only the main runways were missing from the NavData and airport maps and FSFK was still usable.

But now using P3Dv5, almost all NavData is missing and the airport maps are useless and FSFK has become EOL.

Many of us airline guys won't be switching to MSFS for a good long while - until the major developers like PMDG have ported over.

Please, please fix FSFK to work with P3Dv5!

As I said my priority right now is MSFS. And to be honest as a developer I don't like the P3D versioning concept of breaking stuff with each version. I might reconsider it if there is enough demand.

Regards

Thomas

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Thomas Molitor said:

As I said my priority right now is MSFS. And to be honest as a developer I don't like the P3D versioning concept of breaking stuff with each version. I might reconsider it if there is enough demand.

Regards

Thomas

That's too bad - I guess my 16 years of flights in my FSFK database will have to end here.  If I can't keep the DB moving forward in P3Dv5, while waiting for everything else to catch up to MSFS, then there's no point in continuing with it at all.  I do hope there's enough response from others, to change your mind.

5 hours ago, Thomas Molitor said:

No P3D support. I think most people will move to MSFS anyway and that's why I won't add it. But FSFK will still run,

but won't fill out Airports automatically for example.

That's disappointing.  Our virtual airline made FSFK the tool to use years ago and we have been limping along waiting for an FSFK update.  Yes, we will eventually support MSFS, but the airliners we use are not out yet and it may be a while.  For example, PMDG recently announced their 737 has been postponed until 4Q2021.  

• Upvote 1

On 10/9/2020 at 1:31 PM, jordanal said:

.....Many of us airline guys won't be switching to MSFS for a good long while - until the major developers like PMDG have ported over.....

Forget about PMDG, let them do what they want, just switch back to MSFS and enjoy!

On 10/9/2020 at 3:34 PM, jordanal said:

That's too bad - I guess my 16 years of flights in my FSFK database will have to end here.  If I can't keep the DB moving forward in P3Dv5, while waiting for everything else to catch up to MSFS, then there's no point in continuing with it at all.  I do hope there's enough response from others, to change your mind.

Solution: MSFS is the way..no need wait ;), you will refrain yourself by continuing with P3D..

FSX and P3D are done with.

OR...you can't wait on p3d...

On 10/9/2020 at 4:19 PM, David Vega said:

....For example, PMDG recently announced their 737 has been postponed until 4Q2021.  

PMDG is just joking, total doesn't care about us! PMDG is just not serious...lost faith in them.

They need iFly (or other) come and release some major aircrafts (737 747 777 787 etc) so they'll get out of their bubble (whatever it is) and do something or close business..

The idea here is to "move back" "forward" with MSFS, the legacy!

By hanging on with P3D that means "wanna stay behind" and cling to old...yes P3Dv5 is OLD now.

Yeah addons providers not released your aircraft on MSFS, so what, fly a different less acurate less complete aircraft on MSFS in the meantime, but...

...EMBRACE THE NEW..

Enjoy your MSFS flights.

7 hours ago, srcooke said:

No intention of looking at MSFS as yet, maybe in a year or two, more likely three.

Will continue with FSFK in P3Dv5 as longtime user since 2003.

Look at MSFS..NOW, in 3 years it will be 3 years TOO LATE..

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, airifr said:

Look at MSFS..NOW, in 3 years it will be 3 years TOO LATE..

I think you should leave everybody making their own decisions, based on their own experiences and needs. You made your point above but there is no need to go after every post that is not fully in line with your opinion. 

And btw, if I want to fly an Airbus, I do this in my P3Dv5, because the current one in MSFS is even with the freely available mod lightyears behind the AS Airbus. 

So there might be good reasons, why not everybody have deleted any previous simulator yet.

Please give this a thought... 

• Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs

I totally agree with Tom. MFS is very nice for VFR flying around the globe, although there are a lot of errors (missing areas, messed up mesh etc.), which hopefully will be resolved in the future. But if you want to do serious flying with airliners or other complex aircraft, with a deeper simulation of their systems, MFS is far away from being complete. And as the SDK is still not finished, it is nearly impossible to modell complex aircraft in a shot timeframe. And what about helicopters or seaplanes in MFS?

For those serious simmers, MFS for them is far away from being complete and usable, and so P3D is still a perfect solution.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

I think you should leave everybody making their own decisions, based on their own experiences and needs. You made your point above but there is no need to go after every post that is not fully in line with your opinion. 

And btw, if I want to fly an Airbus, I do this in my P3Dv5, because the current one in MSFS is even with the freely available mod lightyears behind the AS Airbus. 

So there might be good reasons, why not everybody have deleted any previous simulator yet.

Please give this a thought... 

Those lines above are not dictate nor orders...people do what they want, I just thought I opened some eyes, no offense, if offense taken, I don't see why but hey...

I also fly a complex airliner in P3D and FSX, which is not available as such detailed and accurate in MSFS also, so why would I suggest to switch to MSFS and fly less accurate/detailed airliners? It's because the need should take over the pleasure...

You should give this a thought too...

1 hour ago, mopperle said:

I totally agree with Tom. MFS is very nice for VFR flying around the globe, although there are a lot of errors (missing areas, messed up mesh etc.), which hopefully will be resolved in the future. But if you want to do serious flying with airliners or other complex aircraft, with a deeper simulation of their systems, MFS is far away from being complete. And as the SDK is still not finished, it is nearly impossible to modell complex aircraft in a shot timeframe. And what about helicopters or seaplanes in MFS?

For those serious simmers, MFS for them is far away from being complete and usable, and so P3D is still a perfect solution.

I've been flying complex airliners along with FSX P3D for loooong time now, so if I wrote those lines above it is because I know...yeah sure people go and downvote a newbie Ramp Agent 😅 right away because they don't understand, please make sure you understand and read again and if happy you can downvote...

Anyway I write it again, maybe this time it will be understood:

EMBRACE the new, don't stay with old...yes P3Dv5 is old so will be v6 v7 etc..you can update a Sim as much as you want it won't make it new, MSFS is NEW.

Lockheed has the pleasure of CHARGING you a cheeky $200 everytime their P3D sim goes v+1 and they don't even care about fixing an issue with shadow and clouds that's been around since the beginning, now what do we think about that?

FSX and P3D is what's pleasing, it is comfort zone but MSFS is what's needed (and pleasing?) now and TRY before you jump to conclusion...

OR we can ALL wait 5 or 10 years with our P3Dv20 ( and shorter of $3000) and fly super detailed Airliners.

Anyway I just thought I wrote this, If that offend then again I don't see why but then sorry..then go and downvote all you want...

I'm out.

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 hours ago, airifr said:

yes P3Dv5 is old so will be v6 v7 etc..you can update a Sim as much as you want it won't make it new, MSFS is NEW.

You will be surprised to learn, that MSFS is based on the old FSX... 

Compared to P3D they just threw more old stuff out, breaking compatibility, while LM tried to keep compatibility. 

You come into this forum, open an account and start immediately to be an MSFS missionary and go after users who do not exactly share your opinion. 

While you are totally free to have your opinion, everybody else here is as well. 

And to be honest, your arguments doesn't make sense. In one post you tell everyone, that they should forget every other sim and switch to MSFS, and after getting put straight you agree, that for certain things the MSFS is still not where other sims already are. 

If you wanted to make a point that the new MSFS is great for VFR and holds the potential for a bright future you totally failed it. And complaining about down votes after being the one who started down voting is childish behaviour. Nothing else. 

And by the way, this topic is about FSFK and not a general MSFS topic. 

If you change your attitude against other users here in the forum you are welcome to stay and become a valued member.