FS Flight keeper on MSFS

Elad

1 hour ago, David Vega said:

Does 3.6 support FSX?  I tried it and see that FSFK is behaving the same way as with P3D.  It loads Origin Airport, but not Destination or Alternate.  

Nothing changed. FSX is supported as it was before.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Thomas

Good to see you back here

Although you never made a fully functional version of FSFK for P3D it worked all the way into v4 minus the flight plan so well done

Now that VR has arrived for MSFS I have finally switched & didn't bother with P3D v5

I know the details of import for simtoolkitpro are not ready but would you know which format is best to export from FSFK?

On 10/9/2020 at 3:34 PM, jordanal said:

That's too bad - I guess my 16 years of flights in my FSFK database will have to end here.  If I can't keep the DB moving forward in P3Dv5, while waiting for everything else to catch up to MSFS, then there's no point in continuing with it at all.  I do hope there's enough response from others, to change your mind.

Unfortunately for you I have also switched to MSFS

If FSFK is no longer useful you might like to look at simtoolkitpro, a currently free alternative that works with XPlane, P3D & MSFS

You can at least use it till you switch to MSFS or stay with P3D and get all the data you need

On 10/12/2020 at 6:44 PM, Ralf M said:

Sorry for an OT question, can it connect to X Plane via XUIPC?

You might also like to try the simtoolkitpro because it supports all 3 major flight sims so if you fly in more than one, you can record all flights in one place

Here is the link   https://simtoolkitpro.co.uk/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I decided to stick with using FSFK for tracking my flights rather than Volanta which has very limited functionality. Obviously I am doing this in the belief that FSFK will be further developed and a proper update for MSFS is coming later this year

• 3 weeks later...

I seem to have encountered an issue that causes FSFK to crash when trying to open up the map. In FSX when you start away from an airport you can place the plane on the ground but not in MSFS.

FSFK works for a mid air start to a flight but if you try to view the map afterwards it causes the app to crash completely everytime you want to view the map of that flight.

This has happened twice on separate days. Can Anything be done to solve this?

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you dont get an answer here, I suggest to open a ticket at support@aerosoft.com

Or you contact the dev directly: support@FlightKeeper.net

On 3/22/2021 at 11:35 AM, mopperle said:

If you dont get an answer here, I suggest to open a ticket at support@aerosoft.com

Or you contact the dev directly: support@FlightKeeper.net

Thanks, I have sent a message to both

• 2 weeks later...

What exactly are you doing? From your post I don't understand how you start your flight. 

Still don't know what the difference between FSX and MSFS should be. You can pick a Gate in MSFS and start your flight from there. 

In FSx you could start a flight away from an airport & put the plane easily on the ground before starting. With MSFS the flight starts up in the air & if FSFK is active it records the flight OK but after the flight you cannot look at the map because when you try to open the map the entire app crashes. Landing away from an airport is not a problem other than having to enter some airport code in to save the flight in FSFK. both flights that started in mid air cannot have the maps viewed after the flight.

• 3 months later...

Here it is July 2021 and MSFS still has no better aircraft compared to PD3 v5. I surely wish that you reconsider and make Flight keeper work with PD3. I don't use FK in MS2020 because it has a long way to go to catch up with the x64 PD3 aircraft availability plus in {D3, I can still edit my modify aircraft the way I like instead of accepting what the developer hand you.

Please make FSFK compatible with PD3 V5.

Bill M

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Thomas, I just read this thread.  I had NO idea FSFK would work with MSFS20.  I will start using it with the update you made.  This is one program I NEVER do a flight without.  Happy owner for many years!!  Owned it since it was first released!  Thanks so much! :)

Bruce W.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Anybody happen to know what I don't get normal values in the origin and destination fields?

Also, is there a way to update the navigation database for MSFS? When I try I get "Stop Action Encountered" or something like that and my database doesn't get updated. 

P.S. I had my 20th anniversary as a FSFK user in September. Pretty cool, eh?

Please login to display this image.

On 10/8/2023 at 7:34 AM, Puckertoe said:

Anybody happen to know what I don't get normal values in the origin and destination fields?

Also, is there a way to update the navigation database for MSFS? When I try I get "Stop Action Encountered" or something like that and my database doesn't get updated. 

P.S. I had my 20th anniversary as a FSFK user in September. Pretty cool, eh?

Please login to display this image.

Don't know about the "normal values in the origin and destination fields" since I get the same as you, but to update the navigation database for MSFS, you have to temporarily remove the navigraph folders (navigraph-navdata and navigraph-navdata-base) from your Community folder. Restore the folders once your update is done.