A330 Professional

Carey

Gents,

why does my A330 start engine 1 first, and not 2 as all the others in the group ?

sadly, my VA's ACARS seems to only recognize 2 then 1.If I try the other way, then the onboard checklist will not progress.

or is this the way it is in the world, but does seem odd to have the number 1 starting first, as it is nearer to the walkways etc.

is there any possibility to be able to override/intervene with the checklists, as the list sometimes miss, and there is no way to restart them.

rgds

Carey.

9 hours ago, Carey said:

why does my A330 start engine 1 first, and not 2 as all the others in the group ?

Normal procedure on the A330 is usually to start Engine 1 first.  This is due to how the systems and hydraulics are setup on the A330 which is similiar but still different than the smaller buses.  Seasrching/Google for "A330 Engine Start Different than A320" will provide you with more information about this.

9 hours ago, Carey said:

my VA's ACARS seems to only recognize 2 then 1

There is one airline (Skandi) which I've been told has a procedure to start Engine 2 first on the A330, but as far as I know all other Airlines start Engine 1 first.  The reason I've been given is that Skandi wanted to standardize across all platforms.  This doesn't change the fact that Airbus recommends operators start Engine 1 first.

9 hours ago, Carey said:

is there any possibility to be able to override/intervene with the checklists

You can't override the checklist as it's basically a script.  But you can stop using the Checklist (and Copilot) and do it manually.  Keep in mind that the Checklist and Scirpt is there for hand holding until our cusmoers learn and understand the procedures, we never intended for customers to continue to use the Checklist/Copilot for longer than that.  You can continue to use them of course, but that's not our intent.

I hope this has been helpful to you!  Best wishes.

Archived