P3Dv5 glassy/over reflective textures - suggestion

Hi,

I have also observed this problem with the overly reflective , "milky" textures being seen on the fuselage of  some (not all) A320 aircraft in P3Dv5. In my case it was the Lufthansa new livery (D-AIWD) from the Aerosoft liveries forum.

From my findings, I discovered that some of this may be related to older repaints/liveries that still contain a MasterSpec texture file. By renaming the file AIRBUS_EX_MASTERSPEC_S.dds to <texture filename> .old was the first modification I made.

2nd I noticed that the texture.cfg in my repaint had 4 entries.  I replaced that with a texture.cfg file that has these 2 lines:

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional Base\Tex_FB_VC
fallback.2=..\..\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional Base\Tex_FB_A320

Note: This is somewhat backed up by installing a more recent repaint (Easyjet A320 Berlin livery)  that did not include this texture file nor the 4 lines in the texture.cfg  and surprisingly this did not exhibit the same milky textures I had seen on the repaint above.

These 2 changes appear to have made a positive difference in the appearance of the external textures.

I can not guarantee this change will improve other aircraft repaints since many repainters have provided different texture files in their downloads over the course of time, but I can report this worked for me on my specific repaint.

I hope this may be of help to some of you.

Regards
Mark

Archived