Can't install the launcher (fixed?)

All 10 discs installed just fine, and I've been able to redeem the code in the Windows Store - but when I click 'install' on the FS2020 page, the box pops up asking me which drive I want to install it on - I choose the correct drive (with enough space!) and nothing happens. Tried several times - logged out and in twice, reset the store, reinstalled the store restarted my PC - tried on a different user account and the install button was greyed out entirely.

I thought maybe I needed to insert disc 1 to kickstart the process, but all the wizard does is direct me to the Windows Store homepage. Anyone encountered an issue like this? There have been no errors or warnings, just complete unsresponsiveness. I really want to play this game darn it.

EDIT: I've managed to download it. Seems it was a Microsoft Store issue, as pages wouldn't detect my PC hardware either. For those wondering, the boxed version does not require 127GB of space to install the launcher, but a mere 1.08GB.

I followed the instructions on this support tpoic: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-do-no-detect-hardware-then-i-cant/2f2717bf-539a-46fc-b356-77dd4b6fe9d5 - NOTE! This process reinstalls all default programs on to your PC. (So for me the Asus suite of apps came back) - but after doing this and a restart (completely shut down and back on again), it seemed to work? Try restarting entirely before using the commands on this page, and see if that works.

Also note you need install disc 1 in your PC before launching.

Hi there,

I use the digital version from the MS Store but I remember having more or less the same issue the first time I tried to install (and I'm not among those that virtually relocated to Kiribati for the product launch!).
Maybe you could try this: restart your computer, disable the firewall, and launch the installation again.
In my case it solved the 'insert game disc' issue and a download issue during the installation.

Best of luck!

• Herman locked this topic

Archived