Hi,

After installing the box set Flight Sim 2020 I've discovered the issue of having to "insert disc 1" each time I play. There was no warning on the packaging about this requirement to play the game and am already onto Microsoft directly about it. In the mean time I would like to know my rights for returning it and receiving a full refund? There's a 14 day window I believe from receipt of goods and am therefore anxious to move quickly.

It is not clear to me in the right of revocation paperwork as to whether I am eligible by the normal process given there was no warning on the packaging itself about this requirement to play the game. Can someone from Aerosoft confirm please before I go to the trouble of packaging it up and sending out?

I hope that it wont come to having to return the product but at this time I am not hopeful there is a fix in the pipeline. I have read elsewhere that installing directly from the MS Store can fix this issue... so far this has not resolved my issue.

Thanks,

Ben.

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately Aerosoft have not endorsed that approach as I understand it. Would you have any view on the return situation I asked about? I need to call Microsoft support back so will hopefully know today whether the disc issue is one they will look at sorting with a game update.

Ben.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Regarding returning an opened box please contact Aerosoft directly. And tbh, I do not think that Microsoft will change this issue soon, if at all.

Thanks for the feedback. I raised a new request on 20/08 via the online helpdesk. The game is uninstalled and ready to be shipped back.

Any thoughts on how long it will take to get an RMA number so I can safely return this and receive a refund, I can't find any information on SLAs.

Thanks,

Ben.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Thanks for the feedback. I raised a new request on 20/08 via the online helpdesk. The game is uninstalled and ready to be shipped back.

Any thoughts on how long it will take to get an RMA number so I can safely return this and receive a refund, I can't find any information on SLAs.

Thanks,

Ben.

We try to reply to most helpdesk requests within 24 if submitted within the week, but due to the mass amounts of tickets we are currently receiving, it may take slightly longer than usual.

Thanks Tom, I'm hoping that mine is one of the more simple cases to resolve as it just needs confirmation of an RMA number and an address to return the box to. Keeping fingers crossed that someone from Aerosoft can do the right thing as soon as possible.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived