MFS DVD Installation

Hi all,

I have bought and recieved the 10 DVD boxed version of MFS on Tuesday and so far i have failed to install the sim.

I created a folder on my newly bought and partitioned 1TB SSD drive and pointed the installer to that folder.

DVD 1 installed but upon putting DVD 2 into DVD Rom when requested, a message appeared stating a file was missing.

Pressed OK and installer terminated. I had to start from the beginning with DVD 1.

Got as far as installing DVD 4 and an error message appeared when i put in DVD 5 upon request and once again installer 

terminated. Started installation again with DVD 1 and got as far as installing DVD 5, put in DVD 6 upon request and got an error

message along the lines of data/ref issue. I am going to have one more go at installing the sim on a different hard drive and will take a photo

of any errors. In the mean time, any suggestions on where i may be going wrong will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Steve

• Root Admin

Drop us a ticket at support@aerosoft.com

OR

There are two options you might use here (or rather three)

• copy the "corrupted" dvd files to a temp-path, during the installation with the prompt to insert DVD X use the BROWSE/SEARCH Button to the temp-path
  • Go to Microsoft Store Log in or create an account
    Redeem code (5x5 format)
    Perform download, approx. 1 GB
    Select Play / Start
    An XBOX account query may come up
    (Only the download process is running in the background, depending on the Internet speed, this process may take some time)
    "Please insert the Microsoft Flight Simulator-Disc" => Insert DVD 1 in the DVD drive
  • If you are sure the DVD is corrupt feel free to return that disk to use and we'll replace it.

• Aerosoft
10 hours ago, s kelly said:

Hi, this is the error message that appears during installation of DVD 6.

Drop us a ticket at support@aerosoft.com

OR

There are two options you might use here (or rather three)

• copy the "corrupted" dvd files to a temp-path, during the installation with the prompt to insert DVD X use the BROWSE/SEARCH Button to the temp-path
    Redeem code (5x5 format)
    Select Play / Start
    (Only the download process is running in the background, depending on the Internet speed, this process may take some time)
    "Please insert the Microsoft Flight Simulator-Disc" => Insert DVD 1 in the DVD drive
  • If you are sure the DVD is corrupt feel free to return that disk to use and we'll replace it.

I have the same problem as S Kelly:
During the first attempt of installation using DVD the error message occurs on DVD8. The installation directory was deleted

I restarted the installation from disk1 and I got the same error on disk5 '(This disk was clean during the first installation)
This means that the hardware is not the problem.
My installation PC is a new one, that I have buy for MSF (I invest a lot of money)
I'm 72 years old but I'm like a child on Christmas eve, I want to fly!!

Please login to display this image.

I had exactly the same error during my installation. As in your case, it happened sporadically and unpredictably with different DVDs. What I did was to copy the contents of each DVD into the respective folder. For example, you first create the folders DVD 1, DVD 2, DVD 3, and so on until DVD 10 on your hard drive. Then you insert DVD 1 and copy all files into the folder DVD 1. You do the same for the remaining DVDs and folders (DVD 2 Disk -> DVD 2 Folder, etc.). Afterwards, you start the installation (as an administrator) from the install.exe in the DVD 1 folder on your hard drive, and the rest will happen automatically. In my case, I didn't even need to point the installer to the other DVD folders during the installation process.

The advantage of this method is that if there is a data transfer error for some reason, it will not delete files in other DVD folders, and you can retry the copying process.

I have no idea why the above error occurs during the installation. It sucks not only because it's unpredictable, but also because when it happens, the previously installed files are deleted and you have to start the installation from the very beginning. A successful installation can take over two hours: Imagine how long it can take to do a trial-and-error approach by directly installing from the DVDs with so many attempts and so many potential errors until the installation is successful!  I have never had this problem with other DVDs and other installers, so I wonder why it happens with MSFS. Honestly, the installer sucks; it should at least give users a chance to eject the DVD and clean the disk or laser before continuing with the installation without deleting the already copied files. Can someone tell me what the cause could be?  It can't be the DVDs, because it has worked for me and many other users using the above method. Is it the installer?  Or the DVD drive?

• Aerosoft

If you have problems with the DVD's, just contact us on support@aerosoft.com. 

The simple fact is that is you make many hundreds of thousands of DVD's a fair number will not be okay. For this project we have used the absolute best factory (Sony) in Europe but that just means less DVD problems and not no DVD problems. 

Hello! I also have the boxed version of Aerosoft, but I had heard of problems beforehand.
That's why I did it like this:
1. Internet completely switched off
2. Completely terminated antivirus programs and deactivated MS Defender.
3. Programs running in the background are terminated.
4. All 10 DVDs installed (time around 4.30 am)
5. After the installation, the MS Store window opens. Only then did the antivirus and the Internet work.
6. Register and then activate MS account
7. Finally insert DVD 1 and start the game and set up.
8. At the beginning, another installation starts as a download of approx. 20 GB.
9. Set up the game.

That's how I did it and there weren't any problems.

Important!

Before you want to install MSFS, first update W10 to at least 1909 and the latest graphics driver. Only then install the MSFS. This will avoid some problems.

This is what I arrived at by trial and error

All working now

These installation instructions should be included with the DVDs

We should not have to arrive at this point by trial and error

xxd09

On 21.8.2020 at 08:41, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Redeem code (5x5 format)
    Select Play / Start

I've bought the Premium version on DVD, too but I haven't installed it, yet.

So before I start the installing my question is: 

The installation giude from @Mathijs Kok sounds for me that it's possible to install the FS without the DVDs (except DVD 1 as copyprotection). 

So is it possible to download the game from MS or would it only install from dvd?

Ich habe mir ebenfalls die Premium Version auf DVD gekauft aber noch nicht installiert. 

Bevor ich jetzt aber mit der DVD Installation beginne, meine Frage.

Die Anleitung von @Mathijs Kok klingt für mich so, dass man den FS auch ohne die DVDs installieren kann. (Außer DVD 1 wegen des Kopierschutz)

Ist es also doch möglich das Spiel von MS herunter zu laden oder muss es mit den DVDs installiert werden?

Hi to all. so i dropped a ticket to support@aerosoft and i tried the first of a few suggestions . I opened File Explorer and copied contents of DVD 1 and pasted to a temporary

folder. I did this for 9 of the 10 DVD's  apart from DVD 6 which i placed in my wifes laptop and copied and pasted data 7 file to a USB drive and then copied and pasted from 

usb drive to temp folder on my PC. I then ran the installation from the setup.exe in temp folder and everything installed perfectly. Microsoft store app opened automatically at 

the end of install and installed everything else and i am now enjoying this masterpiece.

Still iritated that it took 5 days to install but relieved that everything is installed and running. Long term, what do we do? Do we ask for replacements for what appear to be

corrupted DVD's. Aerosoft say if sure DVD is corrupted, i can send it back but its a lot of messing about for something thats not our fault and in 2020 we shouldnt expect to be 

messing about with something thats been around for a couple of decades.

On the positive side, i have read a few peoples comments concerning leaving DVD in drive each time they run the sim but i have not needed the dvd in the drive having installed 

as above. Hope some of you find this helpful and happy flying.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived