Microsoft installer for flight sim 2020 problems

Hello Everybody,

There doesn't appear to be a support forum for the new cd version of microsoft flight sim so I am posting here in the hope that someone has an answer for my problem.

I installed the 10 discs without issue and activated it was then taken to the microsoft store site to download the installer for the game (I have to confess my stupidity here, I bought the CD version because I thought it was a stand alone thing and I would not have to be involved with the Microsoft store)  Anyway the installer is just short of 1GB and it seemed to download fine, but right at the end, while indicating a 100% download, even though it was a few Mb short of the stated file size, it stopped downloading and showed an error. I have repeated this many times, always with the same result.  Microsoft help have been no help at all, even failing to understand what I was saying to them.

If anyone else has had this problem, especially if you have a solution!, I would be pleased to hear from you.  Many thanks, Peter.

• Aerosoft

We have collected all the information we got from Microsoft and posted it here: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/155413-things-to-try-when-the-sim-does-not-fully-install-or-crashes/
I suggest you start there, it has helped most people.

• 11 months later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived