Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, bluemoon51 said:
34 minutes ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

 

Each one seems to look better and better


I agree. It’s nice as well to see a CRJ in the colours of the operator and not just the standard AAL/DAL/UAL/ASA liveries 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

  • Developer
vor 18 Minuten, bluemoon51 sagte:

Each one seems to look better and better, love this, is it the lighting or is it an off white in colour?

No, it is the same base white as with the other variants, but this time the clouds are differently set. In fact the lighting is very dynamic in MSFS and worlds more realistic than what Prepar3D could do, even with the PBR shaders.

Maybe legacy viewing expectations made you thinking that the white would be differently here.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Was not sure if this response is for the simbrief question or the default MSFS route planner.  So if I set-up a simple route via the MSFS flight planner will this go into the FMC as other ac in the sim?  Just checking as I find the MSFS planner ok for my needs at present.

 

 

Thanks,

 

Simon

Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 5 Minuten, Stefan Hoffmann sagte:

In fact the lighting is very dynamic in MSFS and worlds more realistic than what Prepar3D could do, even with the PBR shaders.

Yep in terms of graphics sadly none of the other platfoms can reach the new standard of MSFS.

 

Buy anyway the liveries look amazing Stefan :D Keep going.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Root Admin
10 minutes ago, simon747 said:

Was not sure if this response is for the simbrief question or the default MSFS route planner.  So if I set-up a simple route via the MSFS flight planner will this go into the FMC as other ac in the sim?  Just checking as I find the MSFS planner ok for my needs at present.

 

I will need to ask, but I am 90% sure we do not import these flight plans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 6 Minuten, simon747 sagte:

I find the MSFS planner ok for my needs at present.

Yeah the route planning tool MS gave on the world map is for now fully sufficient. In the future more "professional" flight plans will become more important once we have more airliners in the sim with the necessary system depth :D 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

I will need to ask, but I am 90% sure we do not import these flight plans.

Thanks.  I will await to see if it is able to import a default MSFS flight made via the flight planner into the FMC.  MSFS spawns the ac in C+D with the route in the FMC.  

 

14 minutes ago, M4V3R1CK said:

Yeah the route planning tool MS gave on the world map is for now fully sufficient. In the future more "professional" flight plans will become more important once we have more airliners in the sim with the necessary system depth :D 

Yes, for my basic needs, the map functionality and custom waypoints as well as being able to visualise the flight plan is quite good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 1 minute, Mathijs Kok sagte:

I will need to ask, but I am 90% sure we do not import these flight plans.

Oh ok if so are there any plans to implement this in the future because I think many people would like to have this feature for "simple" flight planning.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Exile1 said:

Are media people (please don't make me say "influencers"...damn it) getting access to the RC, or do they get a slightly earlier build or branch?

 

 

 

Being a "media people" (not one of the chosen few lol, so don't look at me for pre-release impressions) I absolutely despite being called an "influencer" 😂

 

It pretty much describes the worst kind of media.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Root Admin
20 minutes ago, M4V3R1CK said:

Oh ok if so are there any plans to implement this in the future because I think many people would like to have this feature for "simple" flight planning.

 

I will try to find out early next week.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In the words of the Pointer Sisters, "I'm so excited!"  This A/C look amazing.  I've been waiting for it to really make good sue of my Alpha/Bravo setup for commercial.  Currently using the A32NX and the TCA Airbus stick/throttle and love it but it'll be great to get back to a yoke in an airliner!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Root Admin
7 minutes ago, Exile1 said:

Are media people (please don't make me say "influencers"...damn it) getting access to the RC, or do they get a slightly earlier build or branch?

 

They get the last files we have at that moment.  And that is very very close to what you will get.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lowpolybutt said:

The FBW and WT logic is written in Java/TypeScript which are able to bypass the sandboxes, but are less performant; which is why Aerosoft use C++/WASM, but this does limit them to the sandbox until Asobo work in out of sandbox networking into the WASM SDK

 

Not necessarily true. If done correctly, JS is on par with WASM in terms of performance. Aside from us, Working Title, and the other default Asobo planes, practically everyone else uses C++ simply because that's been the dominant tech stack in MS-based flight simulators for a while (and everyone has experience with it), and it's able to be compiled (necessary for payware planes).

 

The only downside of this is there is currently no networking functionality available through WASM gauges (at least to my knowledge), so if you want to make any sort of network requests (for example, getting a simbrief flight plan, doing CPDLC, or retrieving Navigraph charts), that currently needs to be done through HTML/JavaScript gauges, whose source will always be viewable. Not an option for payware aircraft.

  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, IcemanFBW said:

retrieving Navigraph charts

I'm actually using Navigraph service that updates default MSFS charts with Jeppesen ones (through Navigraph). Which is pretty cool, and if I'm understanding correctly those planes would be using ones MSFS provides (that service has updated).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Root Admin
13 minutes ago, IcemanFBW said:

. Not an option for payware aircraft.

 

Mmmmm whole I agree with the rest of your post, not with that statement.  Many of our aircraft products in the last 10 years used XML code for some bit, even complex bits with 10.000 lines of code. We always said we would love it when people enhanced on that code and that was done a lot. The whole semi intelligent co-pilot in the Airbusses started like that and is now a major feature. 

 

One of the main reasons C++ is more or less unavoidable is that it offers far better debugging and a far faster workflow. For a non commercial project not major factors but for me they are. A trained C++ developer with knowledge of aircraft systems and 10 years of knowledge in sims, is more rare than hen's teeth. If you start with a good C++ developer it can take up to 8 months before they become really efficient.  

 

Let me say this another way... if I would ask my devs to stop using C++ they would call Robert at PMDG asking for a job. It is just not an option. And yes, at this moment hat has some less desirable effects. As I said we are not too worried as we are sure this will soon be solved.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m curious what everyone is doing while we wait. Since it will be my first ever pay ware aircraft I’ll buy and the most complex, I have read the first manual multiple time. Though I don’t know what else I can beside keep rereading that manual over and over and just wait, or look at pictures of the aircraft. Are you guys doing something similar or are you doing something else in the mean time while waiting for the aircraft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WinterHuntsman said:

I’m curious what everyone is doing while we wait. Since it will be my first ever pay ware aircraft I’ll buy and the most complex, I have read the first manual multiple time. Though I don’t know what else I can beside keep rereading that manual over and over and just wait, or look at pictures of the aircraft. Are you guys doing something similar or are you doing something else in the mean time while waiting for the aircraft.

There's two more volumes of manuals on page 35 I believe, if you haven't also read them. I've also been flying the WT CJ4 mod. It also has no auto throttle, rear mounted engines, I believe it also has a Collins(?) FMC like the CRJ (going by photos) so that'll cut down learning time too 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

Mmmmm whole I agree with the rest of your post, not with that statement.  Many of our aircraft products in the last 10 years used XML code for some bit, even complex bits with 10.000 lines of code. We always said we would love it when people enhanced on that code and that was done a lot. The whole semi intelligent co-pilot in the Airbusses started like that and is now a major feature. 

 

One of the main reasons C++ is more or less unavoidable is that it offers far better debugging and a far faster workflow. For a non commercial project not major factors but for me they are. A trained C++ developer with knowledge of aircraft systems and 10 years of knowledge in sims, is more rare than hen's teeth. If you start with a good C++ developer it can take up to 8 months before they become really efficient.  

 

Let me say this another way... if I would ask my devs to stop using C++ they would call Robert at PMDG asking for a job. It is just not an option. And yes, at this moment hat has some less desirable effects. As I said we are not too worried as we are sure this will soon be solved.

10k lines of XML sounds miserable

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...