If you cannot find the message you posted we probably moved it to the correct forum section! ×

• Developer
49 minutes ago, lowpolybutt said:

Was wondering, is there like a Bombardier or Mitsubishi "House" livery? Like the ones in MSFS for the A320neo and Boeing jets

We have the Bombardier house livery for the -900 in the CRJ Pro. I guess it's going to be available with the -900/-1000 expansion. Either in the package itself or as a separate download. I'm not sure there is an actual Mitsubishi house livery. Or at least I haven't seen one yet.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

For me it will always be a Bombardier CRJ 🥰 and not a Mitsubishi one even if they bought the CRJ program. But that's just my opinion 😉 Can't wait to do my first flight in the multiplayer 🤩 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
vor 4 Stunden , Jaden Cuffy sagte:

Not sure how long in between but that would be the dream, all we can do is hope Aerosoft doesn't run into any showstoppers along the way

After the release of world update 3 and maybe some minor adjustments in the CRJ code there shouldn't be a huge risk of showstoppers as the UK update didn't change too much things in the sim :) So hopefully nothing to worry about ;)   

Not exclusive to the CRJ as a question. But would it be possible, at some point, to have native shared cockpit functionality, instead of relying in an external and fiddly mod/plugin?

• Root Admin
5 hours ago, Citation X said:

So basically once the streamers get their copies we should be getting ours in the next couple of days?

Within a week, Shirley.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
  • Root Admin
24 minutes ago, ktomais said:

Not exclusive to the CRJ as a question. But would it be possible, at some point, to have native shared cockpit functionality, instead of relying in an external and fiddly mod/plugin?

That is something that is being investigated. You know we feel very strong about Connected Flight Deck. It is complex technology though.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Developer
vor 10 Stunden , Enzo28 sagte:

Hey, speaking of liveries, will there be a paintkit like the planes on P3D or will you need to use Blender for the 3D Paintkit ?

With the CRJ MSFS Paintkit we still go with a balanced version of what the new sim naturally prefers. The ultra high detail that the default planes in MSFS come with have the price that any paint stuff, may it be single labels or meter long decors, have to be expressed by geometry. This enables it, that you can zoom in extremly and still got razor sharp edges. That to the visuals. However manufactoring geometry based details you would need access to the 3dmodel any time and of course an underlying 3d software to manipulate the model. This brings with it, that you have the money and knowledge to work with 3dsmax now and of course the copyrights on the model. Alternativly in future there may be a Blender interface, but it is too see if those LOAD/SAVE actions not harm the model structure as it contains aside the pure geometrical information also skeletons, lights etc.

So to enable to overtake legacy paintkits of the CRJ as good as possible the large decors are kept in a pixel form for now, all stuff that would look to grainy (like labels, stickers and so on) have been redone with the decal technique. Those are really to understand as decals in the basic sense: Its simply geometry floating a millimeter above the base geometry we know from P3D and are written through with special transparency information.

This this has been done in respect to possible 3rd party repaints. However I made the experience on the last liveries, that I more or less had to edit the decals for any model uniquely. Still it is better than doing the whole stuff in pure geometry as you can output healthy quantities in the small time budgets that you get for those stuff. For the viewing pleasure it is really enough this way too.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

It definitely does, but I don't want them to feel pushed by the community to release it before it's ready, just like asobo did with MSFS (in my opinion it was a way to early release with lot's of bugs). But this will surely be something amazing and also the first real "detailed" airliner that we will have in the sim

Thanks Aerosoft.

• Like 1
vor 7 Stunden , Citation X sagte:

So basically once the streamers get their copies we should be getting ours in the next couple of days?

yes thats what Ive been telling yall since ages and theres still the same speculation "mAyBE iTs In 3 dAyS" - until u havent seen a streamer fly it, dont even speculate

• Like 2
4 hours ago, simon747 said:

This may have been asked, but does the CRJ accept and load into the FMC a default flight plan done in the default FS 2020  flight planner? 

Thanks for any answer,

Simon

To follow up on this, is there any chance to have direct simbrief integration where it will just pull the flight plan from your profile vs downloading the file beforehand?

• Like 6
  • Root Admin
1 hour ago, CenturioRomanus said:

To follow up on this, is there any chance to have direct simbrief integration where it will just pull the flight plan from your profile vs downloading the file beforehand?

We are trying that, but when the code is done in C++ (so WASM in the sim) that is very hard because the sim is running in a sandboxed environment.

To be totally honest,  we also do not see it as very urgent because real pilots also type it all in. It being a CRJ and not a 777 your flightplans are also not pages long.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Another livery finished...

CRJ700_N613QX_001.jpg

CRJ700_N613QX_002.jpg

CRJ700_N613QX_003.jpg

CRJ700_N613QX_004.jpg

CRJ700_N613QX_005.jpg

CRJ700_N613QX_006.jpg

Awesome :D

Don't mind me, I'll just keep begging for Ibex. Pretty please? 

https://www.airplane-pictures.net/registration.php?p=JA11RJ

https://www.airplane-pictures.net/registration.php?p=JA14RJ

They're one of the very few CRJ operators in Asia, and I'm fairly sure they have one of the very few special liveries on a CRJ :D

Also, who can say no to hot pink on an airliner? 😍

• Upvote 3
5 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We are trying that, but when the code is done in C++ (so WASM in the sim) that is very hard because the sim is running in a sandboxed environment.

If I may, FBW and WT managed Simbrief integration, and they’re open-source so all the code is available for inspiration.

But if I understand correctly, this isn’t as easy in the CRJ because the CRJ logic is coded in another language?

3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Page 99... And the stars are slowly aligning.

Honestly I cannot wait , thanks for the updates and the hard work put in. Looking forward to hearing a release date now, hopefully not too far away. 

5 minutes ago, amahran said:

If I may, FBW and WT managed Simbrief integration, and they’re open-source so all the code is available for inspiration.

But if I understand correctly, this isn’t as easy in the CRJ because the CRJ logic is coded in another language?

The FBW and WT logic is written in Java/TypeScript which are able to bypass the sandboxes, but are less performant; which is why Aerosoft use C++/WASM, but this does limit them to the sandbox until Asobo work in out of sandbox networking into the WASM SDK

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Another livery finished...

CRJ700_N613QX_001.jpg

CRJ700_N613QX_002.jpg

CRJ700_N613QX_003.jpg

CRJ700_N613QX_004.jpg

CRJ700_N613QX_005.jpg

CRJ700_N613QX_006.jpg

Each one seems to look better and better, love this, is it the lighting or is it an off white in colour?