Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

• Root Admin
15 minutes ago, Jaden Cuffy said:

So liveries are almost done... oh boy it's happening...

Yes, we are really trying to close down on the RC build. Was good we waited for the sim update though, the changes in flaps and slats do require some serious rethinking for Alexander who is handling the flight model. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

Just now, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, we are really trying to close down on the RC build. Was good we waited for the sim update though, the changes in flaps and slats do require some serious rethinking for Alexander who is handling the flight model. 

There does appear to be a bit of disquiet on the MSFS forum about the flight model changes, particularly when close to the ground, and i know i shouldn't be teaching you how to "suck eggs", but you might want to confirm that Asobo aren't going to be undoing any of those changes, before changing anything on the CRJ.  

World Update 3 has broken flight dynamics, exhibit A - Bugs & Issues / Aircraft Systems - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums is one of the threads.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bluemoon51 said:

That's funny, I was flying around in my Beechcraft 99 last night thinking of how much smoother everything was feeling............. I should have known that something must have been broken!

My trip in a C152 just now didn't seem to be any different to usual, so I'm trusting that the contributors to that thread have seen something that isn't correct, with the other, perhaps larger aircraft.

38 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

so its gonna require a new flight model or am i misunderstanding? so is the CRJ delayed? 

vor 54 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Give him all the time he needs. It's important to get the FM right IMO.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The Delta, one of the last liveries we wanted to add is ready,

CRJ700_N608SK_000.jpg

CRJ700_N608SK_001.jpg

CRJ700_N608SK_002.jpg

CRJ700_N608SK_003.jpg

CRJ700_N608SK_004.jpg

CRJ700_N608SK_005.jpg

This is great! I will fly many, many legs in this bird. Not to nitpick, but I figure you guys seem detail oriented and open to constructive input - the “CONNECTION” titles should be Delta blue and not gray. It’s hard to tell given the thin font, but linked below is a picture of 608SK where the sunlight is illuminating the blueness of the text. Great positioning of all titles, though!

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Delta-Connection-SkyWest-Airlines/Bombardier-CRJ-700-CL-600-2C10/6035611/L?qsp=eJwtjcEKwjAQRP9lzx4UoUhv9SqooD%2BwbIYaiE3Y3YKl9N%2BNwdvw5jGzkuTJ8fHnUkA9GVjlRTsqrPw26ldSjNFc2WOeBvGZU/Wu3f70uFTPsvp5qSSwYxBBcYQ/v2mA/iqYtMmxXhxqgN5bpmNXeYhWErcNOMdE2/YFSKcyIg%3D%3D

• Like 2

Hopefully this doesn't impact the project massively? Although if it does delay release, it will still be worth the wait :) 

• Aerosoft
vor 11 Minuten, N651EB sagte:

This is great! I will fly many, many legs in this bird. Not to nitpick, but I figure you guys seem detail oriented and open to constructive input - the “CONNECTION” titles should be Delta blue and not gray. It’s hard to tell given the thin font, but linked below is a picture of 608SK where the sunlight is illuminating the blueness of the text. Great positioning of all titles, though!

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Delta-Connection-SkyWest-Airlines/Bombardier-CRJ-700-CL-600-2C10/6035611/L?qsp=eJwtjcEKwjAQRP9lzx4UoUhv9SqooD%2BwbIYaiE3Y3YKl9N%2BNwdvw5jGzkuTJ8fHnUkA9GVjlRTsqrPw26ldSjNFc2WOeBvGZU/Wu3f70uFTPsvp5qSSwYxBBcYQ/v2mA/iqYtMmxXhxqgN5bpmNXeYhWErcNOMdE2/YFSKcyIg%3D%3D

THX for the input! Already corrected here...

• Like 6

Yes, they saw the same thing on the FBW A32X. It appears to be a slightly easier resolution however as the original code was handling issues with the flight model, so they just need to dial the fixes back to account for a more accurate flight model in sim now. 

• Root Admin
41 minutes ago, bluemoon51 said:

I'm amazed how responsive you guys are..... although we will need to check the work out really soon!!!

Do not be amazed. We still have to deliver and talk is cheap. The proof is in the pudding.  Trying to think of more platitudes.... Failing....

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

THX for the input! Already corrected here...

Excellent! Thank you. I’m admittedly getting greedy now, but any chance of adding a variant that swaps in Endeavor Air titles and reg/fleet numbers? There are relatively few Skywest 700s left in the DL Connection fleet, and the Endeavor birds are based out east where I’m eager to do some short runway operations at the likes of Nantucket and Key West.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Do not be amazed. We still have to deliver and talk is cheap. The proof is in the pudding.  Trying to think of more platitudes.... Failing....

Hay the organization I work for I requested some very simple changes from our marketing department to a website they administer for us three months ago and I'm still waiting.... so forgive me if my bar isn't really high!!!

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As project manager I am only losing a moderate amount of sleep over this.  Fact is that these are things you try to calculate in but that only works up to point. 

Look, I do follow the chats where this is discussed. I actually get paid to read these things.  Sometimes it feels like I am not paid enough.  But we feel the changes that Asobo made are correct. They fix problems and we will end up with a better simulator.  Unless you build your own OS and application you are always working in a fluid environment.  

Remember FSX? After 2 years we had two patches and were left with a huge list of bugs and issues. The things that were fixed were sometimes very weird, even stranger were things that were not fixed (my favorite, how light systems were linked to one switch). Now we have Asobo that clearly reads the forums and has send out more patches then FSX ever had. Even if not everything is perfect, I greatly prefer that. The guys at Asobo are cool. 

Tbh that's great to hear as a consumer, I've seen a lot of guys sceptical about Microsofts support of the sim because of how FSX ended up, so it's good Asobo are willing to improve the sim and are making the correct changes and hopefully that continues.

I'm a Project Manager/Scheduler in my current life so I know what it's like dealing with customers who want products yesterday. There's a lot of guys with built up anticipation (I probably haven't looked forward to a release this much ever). Personally (not that we get a say when it's release) I am more than happy waiting longer to get an even better product.