10 minutes ago, lowpolybutt said:

For what it's worth the Working Title CJ4 mod is truly excellent

CJ4 is the MVP at the moment, a truly amazing mod by amazing people. I hope they add individual MFDs at some point!

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

Definitely have a feeling this thread will be over 100 pages before it comes out. The more I read about the CRJ the more it’s becoming one of my favorite planes. I really look forward to the fact my first ever 3rd party sim plane I will be getting is from such an amazing company and is such a neat plane at the same time! As much as I can’t wait to be flying I’m also excited to see what else Aerosoft does in the following years with this sim.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, WinterHuntsman said:

Definitely have a feeling this thread will be over 100 pages before it comes out. The more I read about the CRJ the more it’s becoming one of my favorite planes. I really look forward to the fact my first ever 3rd party sim plane I will be getting is from such an amazing company and is such a neat plane at the same time! As much as I can’t wait to be flying I’m also excited to see what else Aerosoft does in the following years with this sim.

Same, I'm one of (I suspect) many of whom MSFS is their first foray into flight sims; the AS CRJ is going to be a fantastic entry to the quality payware market and a fantastic experience. 

I feel like personally I'm as prepared as I can be, having watched literally every CRJ video I can find on YouTube and flying the CJ4 in MSFS (not the exact same I know, but there are some big similarities) as well as reading Vol 1 of the guide (looking forward to Vol 2 (any chance of any more being released before the bird releases pretty please?))

• Like 1
  • Administrator
45 minutes ago, Robert Xones said:

ok someone has to ask the real question:

will we make it to page 100 before release?

This is already the most viewed thread in the history of the forum, I'm wondering if we'll be able to pass the previous record for the most users online at once. The traffic from this thread has almost passed it a few times, but hasn't quite made it.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Here is something from the kitchen... 

As we all know by now the availability of these bits of hardware is problematic (our sales people use stronger terms, they are just frustrated as they got a sh*tload of customers and nothing to send them). So when we got some hardware we shipped it all the same  to customers with pre-orders. We decided that handling these orders was more important than sending them to our developers who need to implement them.  So with some reluctance I have to say we simply have not been able to include these products in the CRJ.  The next shipment we get will solve this. 

As you have seen Cedric, our hardware guy is hard at work making sure you can use it all.  I will ask him to make some comments here on hardware support.

Don't mean to derail this thread too much as I am loving it but I have a question about the Aerosoft website.

I would like to pre-order the flap and gear throttle addons but it appears the preorder option is only available if you select the EUR price option (Aerosoft.com/en) but not available if you select the USD option (Aerosoft.com/us)

Would it be possible to allow the US side to pre-order also? I have not found a website that allows pre-orders, only email notifications when they have stock.

Thanks

Edit: Just tried it and it is possible to pre-order it via the EUR side. Shipping is a little steep but it is possible.

14 minutes ago, lowpolybutt said:

I feel like personally I'm as prepared as I can be, having watched literally every CRJ video I can find on YouTube and flying the CJ4 in MSFS (not the exact same I know, but there are some big similarities) as well as reading Vol 1 of the guide (looking forward to Vol 2 (any chance of any more being released before the bird releases pretty please?))

Have you seen the files posted on page 35 of this thread by Mathijs?

18 minutes ago, lowpolybutt said:

Same, I'm one of (I suspect) many of whom MSFS is their first foray into flight sims; the AS CRJ is going to be a fantastic entry to the quality payware market and a fantastic experience. 

Same, I have done all the stuff you have done to prepare, minus flying the CJ4. Right now I think I learned all that I can until I can get more of the manuals.

Even then I will still probably take my time learning how to fly the CRJ once I can buy it.

vor 25 Minuten, Tom sagte:

This is already the most viewed thread in the history of the forum, I'm wondering if we'll be able to pass the previous record for the most users online at once. The traffic from this thread has almost passed it a few times, but hasn't quite made it.

Wait for release day then. When was it again? :D

11 minutes ago, Tastenklopper07 said:

Still 22:29 here in Germany. (Aerosoft is located in Germany)

Mathijs has said that announcements will happen on company time, so we can assume if we've not heard anything by roughly 1800z then we won't hear anything that day

vor 2 Minuten, lowpolybutt sagte:

Mathijs has said that announcements will happen on company time, so we can assume if we've not heard anything by roughly 1700z then we won't hear anything that day

Ok, did'nt know that, but that makes sence.

I'm hedging my bets on general availability in about 10 calendar days; assuming multiple things.

I'm assuming these "files" Mathijs referenced waiting for earlier were the actual release deltas for the WU3, as it release relatively late in the day, I'm assuming the testing with those won't begin until tomorrow (17th). I'm then expecting either a day or two with public release to media and content creators after that(~20th), then approximately a week (though hopefully less) in their hands until available for general purchase (~27th)

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, Tom said:

when was it?

On 2/15/2021 at 6:03 AM, bendead said:

Just wondering, will it have TOC / TOD?

The VNav is advisory if it is like the P3Dv5 Pro version and like most CRJ's flying, although I believe brand new planes have the option to include fully coupled VNAV.  TOD is a cue given that tells you when to start an 1800 fpm descent in order to reach a given ALT constraint.  Normally at the indicated TOD you go to flight idle and let the aircraft begin the descent and then adjust descent rate with the throttles (push forward decrease descent rate/increase ascent rate...pull back increase descent rate/decrease ascent rate).  It is a very hands on aircraft to fly and a wholly new experience for pilots that are magenta warriors letting the autopilot/autothrottle do all the work all the time.  You have to fly this aircraft and allow the automation to take some of the load off your hands.  Here is a great explanation...https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/acf/media/Presentations/13-01-RD264_FPA-on-star-charts-dharris-psa.pdf

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Administrator
13 minutes ago, P_R_S said:

when was it?

Both Christmas Eve and February 2nd (Which is a bit surprising seeing as the thread wasn't very active on that day).  The current record has been unmatched since 2015, though.

17 minutes ago, Tom said:

Both Christmas Eve and February 2nd (Which is a bit surprising seeing as the thread wasn't very active on that day).  The current record has been unmatched since 2015, though.

thank you, yes it is strange, Feb 2nd was a ver calm day not even posts in the Twin otter thread...

2 minutes ago, Swagbasket said:

Are the manuals and tutorials going to be released at the same time as the CRJ, or will they be released prior?

Vol 1, 2 and 5 I believe are on page 35, but yes I'm also hoping for 3 & 4 before release, maybe for press release?

Searched the forums high and low...  Does anyone know where/how I can get in contact with anyone at Aerosoft to inquire about the media/content creator availability? Many thanks in advance!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1