Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

• Root Admin
52 minutes ago, Cygnific said:

This is a nice way to calibrate the throttle, does it also work with the flap and brake add-on? Hopefully Asobo implements this into MSFS also.

Here is something from the kitchen... 

As we all know by now the availability of these bits of hardware is problematic (our sales people use stronger terms, they are just frustrated as they got a sh*tload of customers and nothing to send them). So when we got some hardware we shipped it all the same  to customers with pre-orders. We decided that handling these orders was more important than sending them to our developers who need to implement them.  So with some reluctance I have to say we simply have not been able to include these products in the CRJ.  The next shipment we get will solve this. 

As you have seen Cedric, our hardware guy is hard at work making sure you can use it all.  I will ask him to make some comments here on hardware support.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Just some more images as I got nothing else to report today (we are awaiting some files later today).

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.02.15 - 23.27.51.93.png

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.02.15 - 23.27.16.83.png

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.02.15 - 23.11.04.69.png

We have also had some discussion on the lighting.  MFS does a pretty good job of simulating the very harsh light conditions over 10.000 feet. So when you look outside the pit will look dark, if you look down it will look far brighter. 

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.02.15 - 23.33.35.69.png

Up

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.02.15 - 23.39.37.96.png

Something in between.....

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.02.15 - 23.32.57.55.png

Down.

Really makes you appreciate how good MSFS's lighting engine is compared to older sims.

Perhaps MSN 10030 is a cheeky nod at the 10th of March? ;) 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Here is something from the kitchen... 

As we all know by now the availability of these bits of hardware is problematic (our sales people use stronger terms, they are just frustrated as they got a sh*tload of customers and nothing to send them). So when we got some hardware we shipped it all the same  to customers with pre-orders. We decided that handling these orders was more important than sending them to our developers who need to implement them.  So with some reluctance I have to say we simply have not been able to include these products in the CRJ.  The next shipment we get will solve this. 

As you have seen Cedric, our hardware guy is hard at work making sure you can use it all.  I will ask him to make some comments here on hardware support.

Thanks a lot for your reply Mathijs. I was very lucky to get my hands on the TCA and addons and understand it's a problem for you guys. If a dev is near Den Bosch (or in a decent drivable radius i'm happy to lend the add-on)

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Just some more images as I got nothing else to report today (we are awaiting some files later today).

We have also had some discussion on the lighting.  MFS does a pretty good job of simulating the very harsh light conditions over 10.000 feet. So when you look outside the pit will look dark, if you look down it will look far brighter. 

Up

Down.

Look at the last picture sent by Mathijs. The speed indicator is at 290 kts, which maybe reffers to february 29th? Or i am just desperate looking for clues haha

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Some first tests and procedures of the CRJ with the TCA quadrant here :

This is for throttle and reversers only.
The Speedbrakes and flaps are still in tests.
The way Flight Simulator handles their signals makes things a bit different.
Basically we will assign them to the "Spoiler Axis" and "Flaps Axis" 
We are still working on some linearity and response curve points on Flight Simulator,
but we are making progress.

Stay tuned, we will let you know more very soon !

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Citation X said:

I just want the CRJ badly, I have been staying away from FS2020 until then because I find most of the aircraft half-@ssed compared to what I'm used to.

For what it's worth the Working Title CJ4 mod is truly excellent

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SimWare said:

Some first tests and procedures of the CRJ with the TCA quadrant here :

This is for throttle and reversers only.
The Speedbrakes and flaps are still in tests.
The way Flight Simulator handles their signals makes things a bit different.
Basically we will assign them to the "Spoiler Axis" and "Flaps Axis" 
We are still working on some linearity and response curve points on Flight Simulator,
but we are making progress.

Stay tuned, we will let you know more very soon !

Thank you for the information - Unfortuntely We dont have the CRJ - Where do we get it from?

vor 4 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Up

Down.

One thing I am really glad to see is the split FMC. Finally someone who accomplished to make each FMC 'independent' :)

• Like 1

Just now, Robert Xones said:

ok someone has to ask the real question:

will we make it to page 100 before release?

I bet we can once we start getting new information, including a release date.