Jump to content

Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ


Hans Hartmann
 Share

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, Caterpillar said:

Sweet, I have an Airbus detent insert for my TM Warthog throttle, so it looks like I'll be able to just use that for the CRJ. 

 

Edit: unless, of course, someone comes up with a more accurate CRJ detent insert.  :)

Ahh decent, glad that's found some use then. :) 

 

I've a T16000.M and TWCS throttle, which doesn't have a reverse axis, so here's hoping my weird and wonderful button-activated-reverse-setup'll translate well into the CRJ; works with the FBW neo so won't expect too much difficulty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Aplato said:

There's no chance of a release today, but I have my fingers crossed for the announcement of a release date, hopefully one in the very near future. So excited for this. :)

Release will def be soon, and yeah, Mathijs made it clear we will know when the release is around the corner. Totally a chance of new information today though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin
1 hour ago, NetworkerExpress said:

This came up on my YT recommended just now. Another one from SimWare, this time demonstrating how the Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick detents'll work on the CRJ... 

 

 

Indeed, one of the ways we'll support users with this project.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, NetworkerExpress said:

I've a T16000.M and TWCS throttle, which doesn't have a reverse axis, so here's hoping my weird and wonderful button-activated-reverse-setup'll translate well into the CRJ; works with the FBW neo so won't expect too much difficulty.

The Warthog throttle doesn't have a reverse axis either, although with XP11, I could pull the levers right back, to turn on switches 29 and 30, and map that to full reverse.  Happily, it looks like I might be able to do something similar for the CRJ now.

 

However, as that doesn't appear to be an option for the other aircraft in MSFS, I've mapped the button on the back of the left lever to toggle reverse and then push the levers forward to increase the amount of reverse thrust.

 

It's always worth checking that the virtual levers are moving backwards when you are increasing the thrust however.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NetworkerExpress said:

This came up on my YT recommended just now. Another one from SimWare, this time demonstrating how the Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick detents'll work on the CRJ

 

I'm trying to get one even though they are gold dust, but good to know the TCA Sidestick will work well, when or if I can get one

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Caterpillar said:

The Warthog throttle doesn't have a reverse axis either, although with XP11, I could pull the levers right back, to turn on switches 29 and 30, and map that to full reverse.  Happily, it looks like I might be able to do something similar for the CRJ now.

 

However, as that doesn't appear to be an option for the other aircraft in MSFS, I've mapped the button on the back of the left lever to toggle reverse and then push the levers forward to increase the amount of reverse thrust.

 

It's always worth checking that the virtual levers are moving backwards when you are increasing the thrust however.

That's roughly what I did. One of my TWCS buttons is mapped to "activate reverse thrust" or something along the lines of that, and that basically turns my throttle into a huge reverse axis which is super handy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NetworkerExpress said:

This came up on my YT recommended just now. Another one from SimWare, this time demonstrating how the Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick detents'll work on the CRJ... 

 

This is a nice way to calibrate the throttle, does it also work with the flap and brake add-on? Hopefully Asobo implements this into MSFS also.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Just some more images as I got nothing else to report today (we are awaiting some files later today).

 

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.02.15 - 23.27.51.93.png

 

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.02.15 - 23.27.16.83.png

 

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.02.15 - 23.11.04.69.png

 

We have also had some discussion on the lighting.  MFS does a pretty good job of simulating the very harsh light conditions over 10.000 feet. So when you look outside the pit will look dark, if you look down it will look far brighter. 

 

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.02.15 - 23.33.35.69.png

Up

 

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.02.15 - 23.39.37.96.png

Something in between.....

 

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.02.15 - 23.32.57.55.png

Down.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wow, Oil Press 69 in the 4th picture, nice!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It looks simply stunning, the developers have done an amazing job, hopefully it matches peoples expectations, although to be honest they are going to have issues, because speaking for myself I'm more excited for this product than I was for the games release last summer!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...