Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

33 minutes ago, Ccurrie5 said:

Will the Navdata within the crj be updated when Asobo updates their sims Navdata or will it just stay the same unless u have Navigraph?

The navdata Aerosoft gives with the add-on is separate to the NavBlue Asobo data so I'd imagine it'll update when Aerosoft updates it 

vor 4 Minuten, lowpolybutt sagte:

The navdata Aerosoft gives with the add-on is separate to the NavBlue Asobo data so I'd imagine it'll update when Aerosoft updates it 

Aerosoft won’t update it though. You either need NavDataPro or Navigraph for the monthly AIRARC updates. 

• Root Admin
3 hours ago, F said:

Aerosoft won’t update it though. You either need NavDataPro or Navigraph for the monthly AIRARC updates. 

Indeed, but the moment we can use the build in navdata we will for sure add that as a third option.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Dont expect a sudden release out of no where, Mathijs will make it clear. 

+as he has already announced, streamers will get early access shortly before release to preview it, so dont even bother asking about it before u havent seen the first streamer flying it, itll be a couple days from there on

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Robert Xones said:

Dont expect a sudden release out of no where, Mathijs will make it clear. 

+as he has already announced, streamers will get early access shortly before release to preview it, so dont even bother asking about it before u havent seen the first streamer flying it, itll be a couple days from there on

Ok, thank you. I have not read all of the posts on this topic so i didnt know that, thanks for the clarification. 

• Upvote 4

I'm assuming (source: where the sun don't shine) that the initial release to press and content creators was to happen with WU3, then us normies get it a week(?) later ish, so I imagine we'll hear something today or tomorrow.

Then again I could be talking a load of 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EightBitGoose said:

From what we know the marketplace one is likely to launch on the 25th since the marketplace seems to get updated every thursday... 18th seems too soon and there have been some hints that it'll be in febuary. (Not confirmed btw)

Correct - it is updated weekly, on Thursdays. It would make sense to coincide with a Thursday 😅

Could be wrong here but FSElite have just released an article about LVFR releasing a product similar to GSX (not the important bit), one of the pictures preview the product with a CRJ and as there is no other CRJ in the sim i guess it has to be the Aerosoft CRJ? It doesn't show or say anything about it the CRJ as it's not a CRJ post but I just wanted to post the picture of the CRJ in case anyone doesn't frequent FSElite and likes to see pictures.

arex-airport-regional-environment-x-north-america-latinvfr-10-1600x900.jpg

• Like 10

On 2/13/2021 at 4:27 AM, EasternT3 said:

Thanks Mark. I was taking off on the 5821 foot runway and fairly heavy so probably why I ate up most of the runway. TOGA must be more a US thing? Most European SOPs i’ve seen show TOGA being rare and Flex/DeRates are always used :)

The operation of the CRJ is the same no matter what sim you’re in so the tutorial should work just fine :)

Flex, as far as I understand it, is always a function of rwy length and weight.  I always use flex in any aircraft, as long as the take off calculator allows it.  It would be rare to allow it on a barely 5000 ft runway.  I would guess that the SOPs referred to state something like "FLEX to be used when conditions allow"

On 2/13/2021 at 8:37 AM, HugoTro said:

There is a second advantage, if you don't have a credit card (like me), you can buy it from microsoft gift cards that you can buy in most electronic stores worldwide

Available in those same stores would be VISA and Mastercard reloadable debit cards.....advantage nil.

Just now, Faalangst said:

I've not seen it asked before, but are (random) failures modelled? I.E. random fuel leaks, hydrolic leaks or engine fires. Wondering because the base sim does not have any of that.

I *think* I saw this early on in this thread and they said no systems failures and stuff 

• Upvote 1

I somehow doubt this is the correct place to post this (apologies if that is indeed the case), but as a content creator/streamer, I'd like to throw my name into the hat (if that list hasn't already been decided) - Twitch.tv/OzzyInSpace (contact info listed there if needed). Thanks in advance for any/all consideration. I certainly don't mean for this to come off as self promotion (as that isn't my intention or what I'm about), and apologize if it comes off that way.

- Ozzy

vor 37 Minuten, lowpolybutt sagte:

I *think* I saw this early on in this thread and they said no systems failures and stuff 

Personally, I am fine with that as long as the rest is simulated well. :)

3 hours ago, EasternT3 said:

Could be wrong here but FSElite have just released an article about LVFR releasing a product similar to GSX (not the important bit), one of the pictures preview the product with a CRJ and as there is no other CRJ in the sim i guess it has to be the Aerosoft CRJ? It doesn't show or say anything about it the CRJ as it's not a CRJ post but I just wanted to post the picture of the CRJ in case anyone doesn't frequent FSElite and likes to see pictures.

arex-airport-regional-environment-x-north-america-latinvfr-10-1600x900.jpg

About this article, if you zoom in you can see the numbers 508 on the left nose gear door. 

image.png.4d0797e389be8307405c6833fb17438c.png

I have some pictures of the crj in AA colors bookmarked for eye candy purposes and I had to check. On page 26 there's this picture:

image.thumb.png.23e066122cf516b72583bccd1bb27212.png

If you zoom in onto the right nose gear door..

image.png.9d656680f3859a826aec82616a702853.png

Same as the one from Fs Elite.

I don't like to speculate and cause unnecessary hype, but does this mean reviewers have the bird now?

Edit: There is a converted cr7 out which is why i wanted to make sure it wasn't that, I checked the available liveries and none of them match these pictures exactly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Nice catch! 

That image was not supposed to be there and we have tracked down how it got there. Not a big deal but we got a pretty very marketing department who (as I as project manager) want to control what is shown. It is all a storm in a teacup, all solved, no harm.

But the simple fact is that the aircraft is shared with a lot of people  already. Not only with our core testers (people who we worked with for many years) or experts (real pilots, mechanics etc) but also with people that we want to keep informed.  It is unavoidable that something like this slips out. We notice, we ask the websites to be careful. But in this case we got no problem and I told Calum to leave the image online. 

But I love the way you noticed. You earned a free CRJ.  When we release drop me a mail at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com ND I will get you the aircraft for free.

It's happening

• Like 2

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 hours ago, Faalangst said:

I've not seen it asked before, but are (random) failures modelled? I.E. random fuel leaks, hydrolic leaks or engine fires. Wondering because the base sim does not have any of that.

Aerosoft's approach to modeling uncommon and/or random failures in airliners is they don't. They've long focused on normal flights and the pilot's core job. Engine failures are but one example. Sure, you get them on check rides, but in normal line ops, they're exceptionally rare. Programming them costs (big) money and few simmers actually use them after their first attempt. Here's what I think is the earliest statement from Mathijs (Click on November 27) on this for the CRJ and it hasn't changed:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The photos of the American Airlines livery on the CRJ look so good! I live right in the flight path of O’Hare and see them landing a lot as they fly over a few thousand feet. In my eyes, this looks absolutely perfect and identical that I may even fool some friends of mine to thinking it’s real.

Seriously can’t wait for this plane, and very excited that it will be my first ever 3rd party plane to buy since I got into flight sims when MSFS came out.

• Like 3