Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

vor 15 Minuten, bluemoon51 sagte:

I guess we all need to keep our fingers crossed that update 3 goes off without too much in the way of issues to start with and with luck we will be flying around in something new very shortly!!! 

Well as long as Asobo and MS do not reimplement a CTD everything should be fine because the CRJ comes with it's own systems and flight model so it's mostly independent from what Asobo is doing with the default code and I also trust their new quality management. Since they switched to a monthly update circle there is more time for testing. The 14 day rythm right after release was very stressfull and so there was not much time for testing a patch within this short period of time between two patches. But anyway let's hope the best ūü§ě

• Like 1

vor 1 hour , EasternT3 sagte:

Looking so good! I think this is the most excited I've been for a flight sim add-on

Understandably. This marks an important step in MSFS' evolution as a promising platform.

I am also excited like a child on christmas eve - checking the forums several times a day. :D

48 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Understandably. This marks an important step in MSFS' evolution as a promising platform.

I am also excited like a child on christmas eve - checking the forums several times a day. :D

I hope the CRJ can set the bar for what we can expect from aircraft developers for the foreseeable future :) 

4 minutes ago, Chris Torres said:

Hi Mathijs, hope you will include the Air Nostrum in the package of liveries. Thank you sir!

I really hope @Mathijs Kok can announce the liveries soon, i'm fairly sure all of the liveries we have seen so far were also in the P3D version but a comment the other day suggest that they may be differences? Did Air Nostrum ever operate the 700? I know they have the 900/1000 so it'll probably come with that package

@EasternT3 These are the liveries that were included with the P3d version. I expect most of these will be included? I've made bold the ones that I can remember have appeared in media/confirmed so far.

• Spoiler

• CRJ 550:
      • United Express/Go Jet

• CRJ 700:
      • AF Brit Air
      • LH Regional/CityLine Star Alliance
      • LH Regional/Eurowings
      • South African Express Airways
      • Delta Connection/Go Jet
      • AIR HOP
      • American Eagle (2 models)
      • Private CRJ-700
      • Horizon Air
      • Alaska Airlines/Sky West
      • United Express/SkyWest
      • Styrian Spirit
      • Conviasa
      • Bombardier
      • Duo Airways

• CRJ 900:
      • Air One
      • Adria Airways
      • Air Nostrum (2 models)
      • US Airways Express
      • Binter Canarias
      • SAS Scandinavian Airlines
      • LH Regional/CityLine
      • Lufthansa CityLine
      • LH Regional/Eurowings
      • Delta Connection/SkyWest
      • Air Canada Express
      • AtlasGlobal
      • PLUNA (4 models)
      • Bombardier
      • Private CRJ-900

• CRJ 1000:
      • Garuda Indonesia
      • HOP
      • BINTER
      • Air Nostrum

6 minutes ago, BobbyFuzzy said:

@EasternT3 These are the liveries that were included with the P3d version. I expect most of these will be included? I've made bold the ones that I can remember have appeared in media/confirmed so far.

• ¬† Hide contents

• CRJ 550:
      • United Express/Go Jet

• CRJ 700:
      • AF Brit Air
      • LH Regional/CityLine Star Alliance
      • LH Regional/Eurowings
      • South African Express Airways
      • Delta Connection/Go Jet
      • AIR HOP
      • American Eagle (2 models)
      • Private CRJ-700
      • Horizon Air
      • Alaska Airlines/Sky West
      • United Express/SkyWest
      • Styrian Spirit
      • Conviasa
      • Bombardier
      • Duo Airways

• CRJ 900:
      • Air One
      • Adria Airways
      • Air Nostrum (2 models)
      • US Airways Express
      • Binter Canarias
      • SAS Scandinavian Airlines
      • LH Regional/CityLine
      • Lufthansa CityLine
      • LH Regional/Eurowings
      • Delta Connection/SkyWest
      • Air Canada Express
      • AtlasGlobal
      • PLUNA (4 models)
      • Bombardier
      • Private CRJ-900

• CRJ 1000:
      • Garuda Indonesia
      • HOP
      • BINTER
      • Air Nostrum

Delta uses GoJet for the -700, SkyWest, but Endeavor also has the -700, and Endeavor is their biggest -900 operator I think.  Not sure if that really matters, just a fun fact I guess! 

Delta Connection: 

CRJ-700:  GoJet, SkyWest, Endeavor     

CRJ-900:  Endeavor, I think SkyWest has a few 900s as well

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, flightlevel700 said:

Delta uses GoJet for the -700,

Delta Connection: 

CRJ-700:  GoJet,    

Sorry to say, Delta and GoJet parted ways in 2019.  In the fall of 2019, GoJet went EXCLUSIVELY with UNITED AIRLINES and they now fly the CRJ 550 exclusively .  This was a budget decision by United.  They took their CRJ 700's and reconfigured them to the 50 seat CRJ550.  This allowed the airline to cut back to ONE F/A per leg while also increasing leg room to 10 First Class seats and 20 Premium Economy seats.  The extra space was also used to increase carry on storage cabinets allowing EVERY passenger to bring their carry bag aboard rather than having to leave and reclaim it at the jetway. Another nice feature provided is a self serve snack and cold  beverage galley for 1st Class pax. 

The CRJ550 is considered a major step up for the 50 seat regional jet customer and hopefully will prove a huge profit win for United.  Sadly the COVID 19 pandemic has hurt all airline traffic for the past year.  Once air travel begins to normalize again, I feel this will be a big PLUS for the regional carriers. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

The CRJ-700 (or 550) is not very common in use I can see. In the US there is American Eagle, Delta Connection, United Express and Elite Airways. In the rest of the world only Ibex Airlines (Japan) and HOP! (France) are in the game. So not much liveries needed for this initial CRJ release. 

14 minutes ago, Thijs010 said:

The CRJ-700 (or 550) is not very common in use I can see. In the US there is American Eagle, Delta Connection, United Express and Elite Airways. In the rest of the world only Ibex Airlines (Japan) and HOP! (France) are in the game. So not much liveries needed for this initial CRJ release. 

quite a few defunct airlines they could repaint

• Upvote 1

• CRJ Forum Moderator
12 hours ago, Ne_zloy said:

Hello. Initially, I trained and flew the CRJ-200. But after that I bought CRJ-700 for FSX and Prepar3D. I can tell you that there were no difficulties. The systems are completely similar. If you are comfortable there, then there will be no problems in this plane.
But in my personal opinion CRJ-200 is much more convenient and simpler. The ergonomics are much better. Well, the plane itself is much more beautiful and is not an elongated Bavarian sausage as CRJ-700.

The cockpits of the 200 and 700/900 are about 95 percent identical. Major differences: the 200 has several multi-position toggle switches on the overhead panel that must be actioned to fully test the engine and APU fire protection and warning systems, while the 700/900 has a single button that tests all parts of the system with a single press.

Bleed air switching from APU to engines and back is done manually on the 200, and automatically on the 700/900 (athough it can be done manually if needed).

The 200 power levers are simple idle to max thrust controls, while the 700/900 engines have FADEC, and the power levers have fixed detents for TOGA power and Climb power.

The 700/900 have leading edge slats, while the 200 does not.

The 700/900 has an option for coupled VNAV, while the 200 has advisory VNAV only.

The 200 can optionally be equipped with autothrottles, while the 700/900 cannot.

The 200 thrust reversers are deployed using bleed air pressure, while the 700/900 are deployed hydraulically - but the actual operation is the same from the pilot’s perspective.

Other than that, most systems operate identically between the 200 and 700/900

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

vor 35 Minuten, Robert Xones sagte:

Since the base pack of the crj has been delayed, will the same delay apply to the following -900 and -1000 variants? Since the crj set was said to be completed by around may I believe

Well as there never was or is a release date or time frame like Q1 for the base pack we simply cant know :D But yeah as the base pack and the expasion pack share mostly the same code we can guess that with the delay of the base pack also the expansion is delayed at least a bit.  

vor 15 Minuten, M4V3R1CK sagte:

Well as there never was or is a release date or time frame like Q1 for the base pack we simply cant know :D But yeah as the base pack and the expasion pack share mostly the same code we can guess that with the delay of the base pack also the expansion is delayed at least a bit.  

Im not refering to the first but the second crj pack. Mathijs once said he wants the crj product complete in may. And since the reason to delay this one was rather a lack of tools than limited time, it would still be possible that the other variants now can be developed more easily. But Im probably looking too far forward for now

CRJ driver here (-200/7/9), just made this account today. Just wanna say that this looks pretty awesome. I don't have a sim yet, but I think I'll get Microsoft Flight Sim when this comes out. Will be a great way to practice flows and all that fun stuff :)

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, clappedoutrj said:

CRJ driver here (-200/7/9), just made this account today. Just wanna say that this looks pretty awesome. I don't have a sim yet, but I think I'll get Microsoft Flight Sim when this comes out. Will be a great way to practice flows and all that fun stuff :)

Welcome to the forum!! I'm sure I speak for many when I say I will be really interested to hear your view on the CRJ when it comes out. My one bit of advice would be to pick up MSFS and get your settings sorted before the release there is nothing worse than trying to get yourself going and having to mess around with a bunch of settings to make it work and look how you want it to!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bluemoon51 said:

Welcome to the forum!! I'm sure I speak for many when I say I will be really interested to hear your view on the CRJ when it comes out. My one bit of advice would be to pick up MSFS and get your settings sorted before the release there is nothing worse than trying to get yourself going and having to mess around with a bunch of settings to make it work and look how you want it to!

Thanks! I've been looking around at some settings guides from YouTube today. I might purchase it today honestly just to get everything squared away. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vjcarlo said:

Sorry to say, Delta and GoJet parted ways in 2019.  In the fall of 2019, GoJet went EXCLUSIVELY with UNITED AIRLINES and they now fly the CRJ 550 exclusively .  This was a budget decision by United.  They took their CRJ 700's and reconfigured them to the 50 seat CRJ550.  This allowed the airline to cut back to ONE F/A per leg while also increasing leg room to 10 First Class seats and 20 Premium Economy seats.  The extra space was also used to increase carry on storage cabinets allowing EVERY passenger to bring their carry bag aboard rather than having to leave and reclaim it at the jetway. Another nice feature provided is a self serve snack and cold  beverage galley for 1st Class pax. 

The CRJ550 is considered a major step up for the 50 seat regional jet customer and hopefully will prove a huge profit win for United.  Sadly the COVID 19 pandemic has hurt all airline traffic for the past year.  Once air travel begins to normalize again, I feel this will be a big PLUS for the regional carriers. 

That's actually really weird, the only reason I put GoJet is because a Delta Connection -700 operated by GoJet flew by my house the other day.  Honestly, maybe it was just a glitch on flightradar24.  Thanks for informing me though, never knew they dropped GoJet.

I hope the CRJ is more fun to fly than it is as a passenger... Just kidding- I had it in P3D and loved it. Can't wait to do some short hauls in the bird in MSFS. Between this, an upcoming replay utility, news of a 220, along with a lot of other jets coming to the sim in the not-too-distant future, things are starting to look up.

Congrats Aerosoft!

• Like 1

Oh yeah it's MSFS patch day again :D Let's see if Asobo/MS will leave a hint on the CRJ progress again in their update thread in the MSFS forum or maybe Mathijs will share some news today once the update is out :) 

• Like 3