• Deputy Sheriffs

SDK = Software Development Kit. This is mainly a documentation telling you how to develop additional software for another software. In this case, how to develop add-ons so that they can run in MFS.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

grafik.png

New throttle calibration window. Originally this was done for the Thrustmaster TCA throttle, but it works for all kinds of throttle hardware. It's going to be available for both, P3D and MSFS (shown in the picture).

Wow! As someone who has always been in awe of Aerosoft Aircraft particularly the Airbus series and only recently the CRJ so this is good timing for me. I've come from X-Plane (only flew the zibo) I'm looking forward to finally get my hands on a proper quality aircraft and one aiming for study level. Cabin Announcements from the get go? Amazing! Cannot wait, great work by the looks of things!

And fair play for being fully transparent to the community its great to see!

3 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

grafik.png

New throttle calibration window. Originally this was done for the Thrustmaster TCA throttle, but it works for all kinds of throttle hardware. It's going to be available for both, P3D and MSFS (shown in the picture).

Maybe a silly question, just out of curiosity. Is the reflection baked in? I'm fairly sure MSFS doesn't have ray tracing, but I doubt that part of the cockpit would be on screen as you look at the pad, so that doesn't look like a screen space reflection either. Maybe I just don't understand how it works haha.

@Mathijs Kok: since I see checklists in there, will the aircraft support the MSFS built-in checklists? I find them super-useful, but I found it funny that not even Asobo made full checklists for all their aircraft.  😂

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

You might need to wait for the next update of the sim  to get it running on the sim customers have though. But as I said, when needed Asobo/MS will update when needed.

Hi Mathijs,

Not sure I get this completely but are you saying we might have to wait for the next sim update before we get the CRJ to run? 

John.

• Developer
6 hours ago, John2 said:

Hi Mathijs,

Not sure I get this completely but are you saying we might have to wait for the next sim update before we get the CRJ to run? 

John.

No. However, it is possible that this might change. But in this case we wouldn't release the CRJ before said MSFS update. We certainly wouldn't make support staff commit mass suicide by releasing something which requires a two week wait before it can actually run on the customer's system 😉

• Upvote 2
  • Root Admin
10 hours ago, Abriael said:

Maybe a silly question, just out of curiosity. Is the reflection baked in? I'm fairly sure MSFS doesn't have ray tracing, but I doubt that part of the cockpit would be on screen as you look at the pad, so that doesn't look like a screen space reflection either. Maybe I just don't understand how it works haha.

@Mathijs Kok: since I see checklists in there, will the aircraft support the MSFS built-in checklists? I find them super-useful, but I found it funny that not even Asobo made full checklists for all their aircraft.  😂

No reflections baked in, not needed in MFS. Need to ask about the checklists, as far as I am aware we had an issue with them. Not the highest priority.

• Like 3
  • Developer
10 hours ago, Abriael said:

It's our aim to include them, although may be not in the very first version. The checklist texts have to be entered into a JSON file which is a huge pain in the rear. I started building a little program in my spare time (the hour between 23:00 and going to bed...) to make this easier but it's not finished yet. Without it, just entering the checklist data would take weeks.

• Like 7

At this point I just want to say thank you to all people at Aerosoft for working this hard, even on the german holy weekend, to futher improve this project. I know this company is profit focused and there is nothing wrong with that, but seeing Hans and Mathijs posting so much and enganging with the community, people working on the weekend even at 8pm, this really shows how much of a great dedication people put into (virtual) aviation. And I am very pleased to be part of this community. So thank you all! I hope I can take a visitor tour at aerosoft if this pandemic is over :)

Also, these pictures look very good and I think the msfs efb looks better and more clear.

(PS: This is my first post since joining in 2015, even tho I have been using aerosoft products nearly a decade now - shame on me)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3
  • Root Admin
8 hours ago, Fynus said:

At this point I just want to say thank you to all people at Aerosoft for working this hard, even on the german holy weekend, to futher improve this project. I know this company is profit focused and there is nothing wrong with that, but seeing Hans and Mathijs posting so much and enganging with the community, people working on the weekend even at 8pm, this really shows how much of a great dedication people put into (virtual) aviation. And I am very pleased to be part of this community. So thank you all! I hope I can take a visitor tour at aerosoft if this pandemic is over :)

Also, these pictures look very good and I think the msfs efb looks better and more clear.

(PS: This is my first post since joining in 2015, even tho I have been using aerosoft products nearly a decade now - shame on me)

Welcome to posting and thanks for the kind words! I just had a talk with most people on the project and just like they are all working. From Ingo who is doing the step by step manuals, via Stefan who is doing liveries (list to follow soon) to Hans who is fighting some issues that only he understand. I am looking into marketing text and trying to plan a video etc.  The whole team in working 7 days a week until this is done.  

Check out this small image and see how the small openings of the probes have the correct size (and the probes the correct shape).

image.png

Image copyright Gans

Also the text is super sharp. And that is with a very modest pixel resolution of the fuselage textures. Decals change everything we know about adding details. A 1K wing texture can have M4 screws with text on them. 

The way MFS allows the modeler to give objects the correct characteristics and let the graphics engine handle how it will look is really something new that all modelers are now experimenting with. Look at this very small image:

image.png

Image copyright Gans

You see hard plastic surfaces (the levers) that reflect diffuse light. The painted surfaces have a very soft reflection but the metal switch has a much more defined reflection.  This is how a modern graphics engine can work. And it is almost all done on your graphics card so it is easy on your frames. Also note the fact Stefan put all screws slightly different so you do not get any repeating patterns.  A labor of love I tell  you. And this is not even completely done. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Wow that looks superb!

I hope the release is not before the 19.12, because otherwise I wouldnt accomplish all my assignments this year, instead hammering the screenshot button while taking this plane for a lot of spins :D

46 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

550 and 700 first. 900 and 1000 after that. Easy and cheap updates of course.

I know I shouldn't really ask but just to confirm: Do you buy the 900 and 1000 models as an addon to the 550 and 700 package (like the -600 and -700 addon to the pmdg 737) or can I wait until the 900 and 1000 is out to buy just that (like the a318-19 and a320-21 packages from aerosoft can be bought seperately)? Or am I completely missunderstanding your statement?

• Like 1
  • Root Admin
3 minutes ago, riskas123 said:

I know I shouldn't really ask but just to confirm: Do you buy the 900 and 1000 models as an addon to the 550 and 700 package (like the -600 and -700 addon to the pmdg 737) or can I wait until the 900 and 1000 is out to buy just that (like the a318-19 and a320-21 packages from aerosoft can be bought seperately)? Or am I completely missunderstanding your statement?

Not totally clear at this moment (we do not fully know what the MS Store is capable off), but we full intend to do low cost cross updates. It will be fair I promise.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Not totally clear at this moment (we do not fully know what the MS Store is capable off), but we full intend to do low cost cross updates. It will be fair I promise.

Thanks for the quick answer, I know a lot of people have been showing their apprechiation here, so I'm gonna keep it brief: You guys rock!

Oh my ... 😍. Never recalled the CRJ looked that good, wow MSFS engine has changed many things, I saw one of interview that Asobo is using Forza game engine which may explain this insane details of graphics. Awesome job guys and looking forward to this release !

By the way, is there any photos for the night lighting of the plane internally and externally? I bet it looks beautiful at night as well !