Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, Exile1 said:

Really impressed with the attitude Aerosoft are taking with this project.

You should not be. This is 2021. 

Saying 'we will release when it is done' is insulting to customers. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

If you are not a kick ass sim pilot I would most certainly hope people start with the step-by-step guide.

Let me put it this way. When you send a question about the use of the aircraft to support that in any way indicates that you do not understand the systems, the default reply you will get is this:  "Have you tried the Step-by-Step guide sir? We try to explain the use of the aircraft there in detail.  If anything shown in the manual does not match what you see, tell is exactly at what point. Now this is exactly the same reply we have given the last 4 years and in 93% of cases we do not hear from that customer again, we assume because things worked when he did it the right way.

Since MSFS is my first sim I’ll get reading then.

I can only seem to find volume one for the manual so far, but I assume the others will be out once the plane releases?

I sure hope the manual includes information not only on how to do things, but also when and why. I doubt that I am the only person who will be using this as a tool to truly understand IFR and airliner procedures.

8 minutes ago, Swagbasket said:

I sure hope the manual includes information not only on how to do things, but also when and why. I doubt that I am the only person who will be using this as a tool to truly understand IFR and airliner procedures.

Second this, but it should be relatively straight forward why if you've flown other reasonably complex aircraft before, haven't flown a crj though, but that's my guess.

Still would like to see it though, would want to also learn to think, not to just act.

19 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

You should not be. This is 2021. 

Saying 'we will release when it is done' is insulting to customers. 

I certainly agree. I remain impressed, good sir. 😁

11 minutes ago, Swagbasket said:

This would be a really big help for all the people, like me, who only flew Boeing aircraft in the past :)

• Deputy Sheriffs
40 minutes ago, emilkernen said:

I don’t know if this question have already been answered. But will we be able to preorder? 

Then I also have a more of a request/question. I really like the “On the line” series by inibuild on there a300. Are you guys planning on something similar. I believe it helps with understanding the manuals for many users, since you actually can see a video of a person interacting with all the systems and buttons. 

For your first question, at Aerosoft, it doesn't really make sense to preorder a digital download (aka DLC). You don't save any time in the order process and you won't get it faster. It only makes some sense when you're talking about a disk based box product so it can ship a bit faster or even ahead of formal release.

• Upvote 3

It’s really good to see new people new to flight sim. I underestimated how many people MSFS has brought to the sim. I would say YouTube videos of the crj are a good training option as well, I personally learn better from videos than reading the manuals and this is how I learned to operate the 737 NGX back in 2011 amongst other aircraft 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 2/7/2021 at 4:29 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Okay, but this concerns the release on Aerosoft.com, Zulu time zone and only the first three get it right before Monday 23:59 Zulu can win. Winners will be announced AFTER the release (obviously). And keep in mind I never said the forum contains the answer.... It could be elsewhere. Or nowhere, I could be all leading you one of the best wild goose chases ever. 

An person who mentions a 2022 date will be banned from the forum.

Do not focus on 42. A lot of people in the team are Douglas Adams fans.  We reply '42' to a lot of things. 

For the benefit of anyone who might have missed the recent posts in this thread (understandable, the hype has been real these past few days!), voting on the release date for a free copy of the CRJ closed yesterday at midnight, so any further votes won’t win you anything.

What’s more, Mathijs has already confirmed that the correct date has already been guessed... somebody collated these options earlier in the thread. Supposedly the correct date was only guessed once, so that requires a bit of digging to find which one exactly. I believe 20th Feb is the current contender. I hope this ‘summary’ can be of some help :) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Romatrikio said:

For the benefit of anyone who might have missed the recent posts in this thread (understandable, the hype has been real these past few days!), voting on the release date for a free copy of the CRJ closed yesterday at midnight, so any further votes won’t win you anything.

What’s more, Mathijs has already confirmed that the correct date has already been guessed... somebody collated these options earlier in the thread. Supposedly the correct date was only guessed once, so that requires a bit of digging to find which one exactly. I believe 20th Feb is the current contender. I hope this ‘summary’ can be of some help :) 

still waiting for someone to figure out what the right guess was.  I thought it was the 23 or the 2 but guess not 

30 minutes ago, slippingwithflapsin said:

Based on that livery previewed earlier, I think 16th is the announcement and 20th is the release.

I'd guess you're right about the announcement, but with Feb 20th being a Saturday, i'd guess it's more likely to be the following Monday, so Feb 22nd.

Time will tell, i guess.

1 hour ago, EasternT3 said:

It’s really good to see new people new to flight sim. I underestimated how many people MSFS has brought to the sim. I would say YouTube videos of the crj are a good training option as well, I personally learn better from videos than reading the manuals and this is how I learned to operate the 737 NGX back in 2011 amongst other aircraft 

You have made an EXCELLENT point !  May I STRONGLY recommend this series of videos for anyone hoping to be familiar with their NEW CRJ on release day ! 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

A few weeks ago Mathijs announced that there will be a video series and an accompanying seperate forum section with regards to operating the CRJ and the how and why behind the actions.

In these last fews weeks I have been preparing the first videos which will be released when the CRJ becomes available. At the moment you can expect videos about the following topics:

- A cockpit overview where I will explain what is where in broad strokes

- A systems overview where we will touch on systems like ELEC, HYD, AIR, A-ICE etc

- The cockpit safety inspection; powering up the aircraft from a cold and dark state

- The cockpit preperation; configuring the aircraft for engine start and flight

- FMS preperation where we will setup the FMS from A to Z

- A short 20 minute flight starting C&D from EDDM and leaving the aircraft C&D in LOWS

These will be relatively short videos of about 5-10 minutes, except for the first and last ones, where you will get a good idea about operating the CRJ in MSFS. We keep most of the videos short because we know that not everybody wants to watch hours and hours of content when you just want to know the juicy stuff. This will not be a full blown type rating but after seeing the videos you should be able to fly the CRJ in a somewhat professional manner from A to B. 

The way we have set these videos up is that each video will have its own forum topic where questions can be asked and where we can delve a bit deeper into the material if need be.

Hoping to see you all soon and it won't be long before you will get to experience the CRJ yourself!

Awesome really looking forward to them!!!

2 minutes ago, vjcarlo said:

You have made an EXCELLENT point !  May I STRONGLY recommend this series of videos for anyone hoping to be familiar with their NEW CRJ on release day ! 

Thanks so much for the suggestion