1 hour ago, Herman said:

I would say the answer is "No." There's no difference really between that and an open beta, which Aerosoft just doesn't do. Other developers/software houses do so for good, as well as not so good reasons. It made sense for Asobo/MS Game Studios with MFS, but for different reasons than exist here. This question has been asked about other projects in the past, and this sums up the answers in the past. It's certainly not the case that Aerosoft needs the early income, which has been used as a reason by other developers to "pre-release" add-ons.

I see. Thanks for the clarification. Mathias had mentioned that the SDK missing elements were "luxuries." Could you elaborate on the specific elements missing or is there some sort of NDA for you guys when it comes to answering that question. Thanks.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, kendry19 said:

I see. Thanks for the clarification. Mathias had mentioned that the SDK missing elements were "luxuries." Could you elaborate on the specific elements missing or is there some sort of NDA for you guys when it comes to answering that question. Thanks.

Let's see what Mathijs wants to add. I see you're aware of the impact of an NDA, and we appreciate your understanding if there's nothing more that can be said.

• Developer
6 hours ago, kendry19 said:

Would you guys consider releasing the CRJ in its current state without the mentioned SDK elements and add the elements once they become avaliable? Could you elaborate on what elements these are? Thanks!

Actually yes. Some things (for example internet access which is required for the charts display on the EFB or any weather-related Simconnect functionality) are simply not available in the SDK at this point. These things will follow once the SDK reaches a state that allows us to add them.

• Upvote 2
31 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Actually yes. Some things (for example internet access which is required for the charts display on the EFB or any weather-related Simconnect functionality) are simply not available in the SDK at this point. These things will follow once the SDK reaches a state that allows us to add them.

That would make sense, I thought the missing stuff from the SDK (or from Simconnect) more than that. By the way, internet access from WASM not from Javascript, isn't? Because I think from Javascript is pretty much doable as far as I recall. 

1 hour ago, kberg said:

The feeling everytime u check notification and see "Mathijs Kok commented on Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ (for MSFS)

Im way to excited for this plane to come! :D 

Agree. The CRJ can't come soon enough. I've stopped using MSFS until the CRJ releases. It'll be the ideal plane for the Sim. All those small regional airports are absolutely perfect for this aircraft. Fingers and Toes crossed it releases before Christmas!

Happy Thanksgiving to all that are celebrating.   Pretty sure this the case,  but the CRJ when announced will have its own validated Auto Pilot system?  With the ongoing issues in the Sim to many aircraft with auto pilot,   I’m looking forward to a plane that isn’t tied to that issue,  and aerosoft products which are of very high quality relating to fundamental capability like AP.  Can we be confident that the process around updates by Asobo will not break pay ware planes such as this?  Thank You Ray

• Upvote 1
57 minutes ago, Detail50 said:

Pretty sure this the case,  but the CRJ when announced will have its own validated Auto Pilot system?  

Not sure what you mean by "Validated" but Mathijs said earlier in the thread that it has its own autopilot and it's not reliant on the default ones. 

We do not believe those are show stoppers. Many P3D add-ons do not have it now, heck, apart from our Airbusses no add-on is capable of showing weather that is read from the sim itself.

I doubt a few missing features will be much of a deal breaker, the MSFS community is practically starving for a study-level airliner, and the Aerosoft CRJ is definitely looking like it's going to satisfy that craving. Looking forward to learning more about this release next week 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Root Admin
15 hours ago, ArcticMarkus said:

I doubt a few missing features will be much of a deal breaker, the MSFS community is practically starving for a study-level airliner, and the Aerosoft CRJ is definitely looking like it's going to satisfy that craving. Looking forward to learning more about this release next week 

No, we feel the whole term 'study level' is a bit weird and we most certainly do not aim to be that. Things that never or extremely rare happen in the real aircraft are not simulated in any of our aircraft. We focus on what the crew has to do on every flight not on something that happens once in a few million hours. Our CRJ is a very solid simulation of the systems.  Not on possible emergencies.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No, we feel the whole term 'study level' is a bit weird and we most certainly do not aim to be that. Things that never or extremely rare happen in the real aircraft are not simulated in any of our aircraft. We focus on what the crew has to do on every flight not on something that happens once in a few million hours. Our CRJ is a very solid simulation of the systems.  Not on possible emergencies.

Good to hear that ! I have question, do you think we can still get it this year in light of the recent sim update if it improved things for you guys? 🙂

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No, we feel the whole term 'study level' is a bit weird and we most certainly do not aim to be that. 

Ah, makes sense, I looked up the term study level and couldn't really find a proper explanation for it. I always just assumed it meant that the aircraft accurately simulate regular flights, without the rare failures  

• Upvote 1
  • Root Admin
35 minutes ago, ArcticMarkus said:

Ah, makes sense, I looked up the term study level and couldn't really find a proper explanation for it. I always just assumed it meant that the aircraft accurately simulate regular flights, without the rare failures  

I think most simmers define it as a product that contains all systems of an aircraft and is able to handle a dual failure (so two problems at the same time). The first is certainly possible, the second is extremely hard. You can easily add another 4 men year to a project if you want to attain that. Just not our idea of flight simulation. We prefer to simulate flying and not the sim rides crews get to deal with problems. 

And if we would do it, we would do it realistic, so we would focus on the problems that actually happen with some regularity. Problematic passengers, problems with smoke (an amazing amount of flights are aborted because of smells) and toilets. As we always say our Airbusses have a highly realistic dual engine failure mode. In real busses that happen two times in over 20.000.000 hours of flight. So if you did not have a dual engine out after 10 million hours we'll refund!

• Upvote 3
34 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And if we would do it, we would do it realistic, so we would focus on the problems that actually happen with some regularity. Problematic passengers, problems with smoke (an amazing amount of flights are aborted because of smells) and toilets.

Maybe you should simulate a baby crying like a demon possessed it every few flights. That would certainly spice things up for customers 🙃

Maybe intermittently heard every time the FA opens the door to give us coffee? I’m having too much fun thinking about the possibilities now lol

• Like 2
  • Developer
19 minutes ago, amahran said:

Maybe intermittently heard every time the FA opens the door to give us coffee?

This is simulated. I won't tell you how you make her bring you coffee or a sandwich. Two keywords though: 1) Sterile cockpit rule and 2) center pedestal 😉

Let me know if you succeed :D

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

On a CRJ it is more the whining of passengers who had to leave their hand luggage outside because the overhead bins are just large enough to store your iPhone.

That is so true tho! haha! xD

• Like 1
  • Developer
3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

On a CRJ it is more the whining of passengers who had to leave their hand luggage outside because the overhead bins are just large enough to store your iPhone.

That's only if you're at the controls. Special feature :P

• Developer

grafik.png

MSFS

grafik.png

P3D v5.1

New throttle calibration window. Originally this was done for the Thrustmaster TCA throttle, but it works for all kinds of throttle hardware. It's going to be available for both, P3D and MSFS.

EDIT: I added a screenshot of the P3D EFB for comparison. You will notice that fonts are displayed quite differently between the two platforms, even though it's the same 28pt Arial in bold. Same goes for colors. Different lighting calculations look very different.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 5
  • Root Admin
32 minutes ago, John2 said:

So with the recent MS/Asobo SDK updates, do you now have the "bits" you require to finish the CRJ?

John.

As explained in another topic, the SDK is not really the bottleneck at this moment. The SDK will catch up but right now goal is to get the code we have to run smooth and reliable. 

Also as explained in another topic, getting C++ code to run in the sim is not really a problem. You can make a electrical or pneumatic system system as complex or deep as possible. Beyond what any P3D add-ons has now if you so require. It's just code. Of course there will be problems as variables from the new sim do not give the same value as on P3D, but you ask Asobo for help and you will get is as long as you are in the correct cycle.  You might need to wait for the next update of the sim  to get it running on the sim customers have though. But as I said, when needed Asobo/MS will update when needed.

I will give you an example. We have a professional project intended to train people. It is about the electrical system of an aircraft that shall not be named. Very serious stuff. I mean it models the reduction of load when a footwell heater fails.  Pure C++ code and and while the output to the displays needs to be redone, it all works without any issue in MFS. 100% the same code as in P3D, just needs new variables in input and output.  it can't be used in MFS as you can't get professional licenses but if the customer wants proof the code runs we are happy to show it.

As I keep saying, what you hear about more complex systems in the new sim has as much to do with commercial interests as it has to do with what is actually possible.  Most people just do not understand what is at stake.  If you now start with a new complex airliner from scratch you have to invest 350k (dollars or euro) to even start. We have way  (wayyyyyyyyy) more invested in our Airbuses and they have been profitable from the very first sale. These are not small hobby projects. If you do not have a big company with money on the bank as we have, you need to find investors.  Now if you are multiple hundreds of thousands of Euro's in dept and do not have anything to release, it starts to make sense to start to speak bad about the platform you are not ready for.

It is now Saturday evening 20:37.  I see most people involved with this project online. I see some Asobo people answering the questions of out devs. Again... Saturday evening 20:37. That is how much this project matters to all parties involved. 

The proof is in the pudding. 

• Upvote 5
  • Root Admin
57 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

grafik.png

New throttle calibration window. Originally this was done for the Thrustmaster TCA throttle, but it works for all kinds of throttle hardware. It's going to be available for both, P3D and MSFS (shown in the picture).

Btw, compare this to the MFS aircraft that have been released.  Just do,

• Upvote 2