• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yeah.  I have no time on the real stick but did a few hours on a sim (not many sims for CRJ around it seems) and certainly when they are light they are a hoot to fly.  You really get the idea you are able to point the nose very precisely. 

Most developers will tell you, when they test an aircraft, they stick to things they know.  That way you can see if things are different, perhaps even better. For me one of my goto manoeuvres is a side step ILS landing on Schiphol.

image.png

You follow the ILS to 36R but then overfly the threshold and do a side step to 04.  It allows you to land on that runway with low clouds. I am not even sure if it is still done, but it was common years back for aircraft that had to go to Schiphol East where a lot of the maintenance is done. The DC3 that was based at Schiphol East would do that landing almost every time. You fly with the flow and still get to the part of the airport you want to go.

In an A320 I can do this reliably, but it is always a struggle with lots of stick wiggling and landings that were sloppy. In the CRJ it is one smooth stick right movement, correct rudder input and the vertical path stayed very smooth.

Not burdened by serious aerodynamical knowledge... does the fact the engine are at the back have something to do with that? As strange as it may seem and with my very limited experience, it felt a bit like the difference between a front wheel and rear wheel drive car. With front wheel driven cars you drag the car into a turn, certainly in a performance car that is very different from a rear wheel drive car where the nose is far more agile.

Wow! Thanks for sharing the neat approach and some insight into how you all design these planes. That is really interesting to hear about your testing in the various aircraft types. I am just a pilot, and definitely not an aeronautical engineer, but from flying some of the CRJ family, I can say that these aircraft are relatively easy to handle even when losing an engine, which is a good thing. I was told in ground school that the engines near the center of the fuselage do have an effect on aircraft handling in a positive way in comparison to being mounted under the wing, particularly if you lose an engine. However, the tail design needs to be different (T-Tail) and the CG along with the loading of passengers and cargo in the aircraft is affected. I would also think that wing design and supports would be affected with the engines mounted underneath wings (eg., A320, B737, etc.), but, like I said, I'm definitely not an engineer. I did have an engine shutdown in-flight on the -200 once, and it was wonderfully easy to get the aircraft trimmed and under control quickly with those fuselage mounted engines. The CRJ-200 in particular is like a sports car in its quick response to control inputs, but it seemed underpowered with the CF34-3B1 engines, particularly above 18,000 ft MSL. The CRJ-700 and -900 have lots of thrust in comparison and will keep on climbing  in the flight levels, but feel a little more sluggish on the controls in comparison to the CRJ-200. Also, you really have to think ahead in managing your energy during descent from cruise with the 700 & 900 since they won't react as abruptly to the flight spoilers and slow down as easily as the -200. Those -700's and -900's are a little heavier and love to go fast! Some of the guys I have flown with describe them as a little bit more "slippery" than the -200, but if you can get on speed and stable in time they have all been a joy to maneuver during approach and landing. I'm looking forward to trying out that approach at Schiphol with the Aerosoft CRJ's.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes.

I assume you wanted to hear more right? Allow us some secrets, not far off though.

Come on @Mathijs Kok!!!!!! Let us know a little bit! Perhaps an estimate. Next week, this month? Tell us!!!! Thanks for making this aircraft the best it can be! I can’t wait!

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, kendry19 said:

Come on @Mathijs Kok!!!!!! Let us know a little bit! Perhaps an estimate. Next week, this month? Tell us!!!! Thanks for making this aircraft the best it can be! I can’t wait!

Everyone relax!!!

The whole reason they stopped communicating the first time was because people kept harrassing about release dates. Mathjis has hinted it's almost done that's enough of a hint. Stop asking about release dates and liveries they won't answer it and we will end up having no communication again.

Paitience, we are all waiting.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

Lol let's connect the dots... World Update III delayed till next week. Anticipation grows among flight sim community, especially among our British bros. CRJ release delayed. Coincidence? Of course not but there are reasons we are not privy to. CRJ release happens and fs pilots are creating chaos for Virtual Air Controllers as they swarm the UK.  MSFS/Asobo/Aerosoft happy and we are all content until the hype for FBW A380, Aerosoft Airbus family, QualityWings B787, PMDG B737, et al. are nearing production quality and sharing pre-release photos. :)

Just wait until your favorite YouTube streamer starts flying the CRJ! You'll be able to watch live streams around the clock!

Yep, this is a fun time to be a sim pilot. :D

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1
9 minutes ago, HugoTro said:

I think I found what is partially "blocking" Aerosoft from releasing the CRJ now...

F3B50218-97CF-4C9B-8953-65F89D2AF998.jpeg

That's not it Microsoft said it was an issue with fuel burn. The update next Thursday has the patch for it. Hopefully mere days after the patch we will get the crj

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
14 hours ago, leo03000 said:

I am unable to keep my excitement contained any longer :lol:

Aren’t we all? Let’s just wait and see and in the meantime vent your excitement onto your friends and family. I’m sure they’ll hate you for talking about planes too much...

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, riskas123 said:

Aren’t we all? Let’s just wait and see and in the meantime vent your excitement onto your friends and family. I’m sure they’ll hate you for talking about planes too much...

Unless your dad and friends are also pilots 😜 

1 hour ago, Zyonix007 said:

me and all the boys connecting to vatsim 0.0001 seconds after the crj releases 

As soon as I nail the plane and its systems, vatsim time!

10 minutes ago, Wuper said:

As soon as I nail the plane and its systems, vatsim time!

Dare I say.. Pilotedge? But honestly can't wait to sink hours and hours into the plane. The networks are gone be 98% regional jets. I usually fly for like 3-7 hours per flight, with the crj I cant wait to load up and do 3-6 short sectors with quick turnarounds, but I'll often do 3 hour hops too. Whenever Aerosoft releases I probably wont see sun light for a while, not like I am much now anyway ;)

Like everyone I’m super excited. I’m even at the point where I’m flying the Cessna longitude pretending it’s the CRJ. Really excited for this as it will allow me to fly an airliner into more airports and works as I normally fly regional routes in the sim anyways.

5 minutes ago, piotrmkg said:

My guess it won’t be released until SimUpdate 3

that's my guess. i can see them releasing it on Thursday next week since it has the "fuel patch" that is supposedly the last thing that needs to be done. assuming aerosoft has tested it with the patch but is waiting to roll it out on the update, that's my guess. 

me and others have mentioned the fuel fix and nobody has confirmed its incorrect so..

Just now, HugoTro said:

Wait what 😂 The release date was hidden the whole time? Or this screenshot is from another product?

no that was from the Aerosoft airbus for p3d 

• Like 1