Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Der Merowinger said:

May I ask if there is any kind of progress or is there progress at all?

On 1/10/2021 at 10:18 AM, mopperle said:

f there are any news that can be communicated, you will read them in this topic. Until then simply lean back and wait.

Sorry, still nothing that can be communicated.

• Upvote 1

In case people did not find their way to Asobo's most recent developer update blog post: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/blog-january-7th-2021-development-update/347939

This quote was relevant to people's concerns here and might give some insight:

• Per request from Aerosoft and the development team led by Hans, the CRJ was recently delayed. It’s good to see Aerosoft’s commitment to quality and that they want to invest additional time to make this plane a standout release and we are happy to help them get there.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, crowmium said:

This quote was relevant to people's concerns here and might give some insight:

• Per request from Aerosoft and the development team led by Hans, the CRJ was recently delayed. It’s good to see Aerosoft’s commitment to quality and that they want to invest additional time to make this plane a standout release and we are happy to help them get there.

That's basically the same thing they've said already though. Let's just hope to get it in q1, it's starting to get quiet...

Yes when they announced Q1 clearly that wasn't a few weeks of a delay it was months, you simply wouldn't say what was said if it was a short delay. Still really looking forward to it and a buggy mess would be a huge let down(struggling with the Beechcraft 99 so can really relate to that right now!!)

3 hours ago, bluemoon51 said:

Yes when they announced Q1 clearly that wasn't a few weeks of a delay it was months, you simply wouldn't say what was said if it was a short delay. Still really looking forward to it and a buggy mess would be a huge let down(struggling with the Beechcraft 99 so can really relate to that right now!!)

Yea they wouldn't of said for just a few days or weeks, might be optimistic but for now my best guess would be end of February at earliest for sim update 3 to the end of the quarter. Assuming they didn't get the tools they said they needed or the update broke things or something, but hopefully its just polish their working on. Would gladly eat my words though, if it's sooner. Anything to not have the aircraft not buggy on launch.

• Like 1

Anyway - it seems that there are no small things having to iron out (by Asobo I would say). In generally it has become very quiet in things regarding jetliners. Times will become difficult to have everything under a hood: XBox, DX12, proper jetliners, tools like GSX or SODE and so on... Maybe Asobo should have a look like these things were done 15 years before ;) .

These were my thoughts during having a glas of beer ;) !

I assume that some major updates will have to occur before we see the CRJ based on everything we know so far, so I don't expect anything before Sim Update 3 at the earliest. Anything is possible and a short delay may turn into months or even years. If you aren't in software development sometimes it seems like developers are able to be very accurate with release schedules, but since software development is ultimately a human endeavor it's always in flux.

• Like 1

In the newest development update from asobo

image.thumb.png.6db48d408c2aa7c1ee2d28727b377b82.png

(dont put too much hope into these words, I think even tho they sound like a dream, "very soon" is very likely missleading. Theres a reason its postponed and that reason is bigger than a couple weeks)

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

vor 10 Stunden , Robert Xones sagte:

that reason is bigger than a couple weeks

well, we'll see and I wouldn't interpret too much if even *Microsoft* says it comes very soon. Although they are not in the lead here, are they?

57 minutes ago, LH4371 said:

well, we'll see and I wouldn't interpret too much if even *Microsoft* says it comes very soon. Although they are not in the lead here, are they?

sadly "soon" is not an hard coded concept (where I work it means anything between 1 hour and 5 years) :)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

vor 27 Minuten, P_R_S sagte:

sadly "soon" is not an hard coded concept (where I work it means anything between 1 hour and 5 years) :)

Wondering if you work for my states administration :D

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

It's kind of funny that the same people complaining are the same people returning to see if there's any news on a sooner release date. Just think when it's released, whether it's this year or 2022, everyone will have something new to complain about. :)

I've waited months of a product that was supposed to be in stock in a week, already having paid thousands of dollars. I knew better and they did tell me that it may take much longer, but kept me in the look and provided me with options if I wanted to continue. That being said, I received it 90 days later and have been thoroughly impressed with the product and their service.

This "aircraft" is a software add-on for our entertainment value. It will be released when it is ready and we all know there are a lot of moving parts to it. Heck, people complain about Free-ware a lot! Anyway, I have my own complaints and issues, and I believe the team is doing the right thing. We are very fortunate to even have these forums and even have the development team chime in from time to time.

Yes, I am anxious to "fly" it and feel frustrated at times like the rest of us. But going forward the majority of the users/pilots will be very happy with it; whenever that may be. :) 

• Like 7
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, Capt Shark said:

It's kind of funny that the same people complaining are the same people returning to see if there's any news on a sooner release date. Just think when it's released, whether it's this year or 2022, everyone will have something new to complain about. :)

I've waited months of a product that was supposed to be in stock in a week, already having paid thousands of dollars. I knew better and they did tell me that it may take much longer, but kept me in the look and provided me with options if I wanted to continue. That being said, I received it 90 days later and have been thoroughly impressed with the product and their service.

This "aircraft" is a software add-on for our entertainment value. It will be released when it is ready and we all know there are a lot of moving parts to it. Heck, people complain about Free-ware a lot! Anyway, I have my own complaints and issues, and I believe the team is doing the right thing. We are very fortunate to even have these forums and even have the development team chime in from time to time.

Yes, I am anxious to "fly" it and feel frustrated at times like the rest of us. But going forward the majority of the users/pilots will be very happy with it; whenever that may be. :) 

I don't really think anyone's complaining, you're not the only one who knows how to wait a bit... others have don't that in their lives too (Shocking). Were talking about all we really can talk about now, a potential release date or when news will come. We are all still optimistic (some cautiously) about the project, but talking about what we can. We know developing an aircraft takes time, that's not new information, and everyone here would rather a bug free aircraft on launch. A little conversation even speculation is better than letting the thread die, you're not really onto something. :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Hello Mathijs, will Aerosoft be providing review units to people such as Threshold and FSElite a few days prior to launch? I would be much more comfortable knowing I'm making an informed decision on launch. If you are unable to comment on this, I totally get it. Thanks!

1 hour ago, EightBitGoose said:

Hello Mathijs, will Aerosoft be providing review units to people such as Threshold and FSElite a few days prior to launch? I would be much more comfortable knowing I'm making an informed decision on launch. If you are unable to comment on this, I totally get it. Thanks!

They have said that they are providing review units to serious major Twitch/Youtube personalities so I assume that FSElite and others will also get in on the fun! 

• Like 1

So personally I wont give too much on those pre-release reviews. As we all know MSFS is a new platform and especially for aircraft developers there are still obstacles in the way of creating products on a standard they would like to offer. So also the CRJ will get better once the SDK offers new opportunities. This takes time yes but in my opinion it's better to get a great CRJ soon that maybe doesn't offer all functions we know from the P3D version but it will offer the core features and the rest will be added once it's possible. ;) So as it will be the first 3rd party airliner in the game we will see what is possible and what we can expect so far. :) The rest will come in the future.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6