Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

vor 2 Stunden , Abriael sagte:

Some of the pro pretend pilots will tell you that visuals don't matter ūüėā

Yeah, right you are! But: I remember the time when the A320 in P3D came up (not the one from Aerosoft) the same people got "wet trousers" when they talked about the fan blades which moved in the wind!

• Like 4

On 12/30/2020 at 9:00 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Friends, I was asked to posts this.

-----------------------------

Dear FlightSim Community,

We feel the expectation on us to give official information about the release of the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator.

In this regard we have a concern and we’ll keep it short: We made a really tough decision to postpone the CRJ release into the first quarter of next year. This decision wasn't easy for us, because we know how much anticipation there is in the community for this add-on.

We have decided to do so, because we want to deliver a CRJ that meets all expectations, but we have not reached this level yet. We need more time for the development and beta testing. We hope the additional time allows us to complete the necessary work to provide the highest quality and the best possible experience for you right from the start.

We therefore hope for your understanding.  However, we do have a little present for you. The first official teaser:

We wish you and your loved ones a Happy New Year!

Thanks for the update.  And I would like to mention that this is commendable, too much in this hobby the community is treated like mushrooms (kept in the dark and fed sh*t).  While this post didn't contain the news you wanted to deliver.  It was honest and up front and reset everyones expectations.  I don't think you could do a better job communicating with your customer base, so my thanks for that.

While I am looking forwards to your product.  I think MS and Asobo has taught us an important lessons about rushing a product out that is not ready.  I have come close to removing MSFS multiple times because of the idiotic bugs and issues that it came with, I would have much preferred they wait until it was REALLY ready.  My hobby time is limited and I do not enjoy spending it having to "workaround" issues or reinstall products constantly because they fail to function as they should.

So I applaud this decision and the very open approach to communicating it!

Phil

• Like 2

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, EasternT3 said:

So frank, would you suggest getting a VR headset for msfs is the way to go? Thanks

That is difficult to say. VR is the ultimate immersion you can get but it requires a very high end computer and the visuals will not be as good as on a monitor. I have an HP G2 and love to do some bush flying with it but for airline flying I will stick with an 4K monitor for the time being.

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, Abriael said:

Some of the pro pretend pilots will tell you that visuals don't matter

Back in the day I flew the Aerowinx Precision simulator and for that kind of simulation you really do not need visuals and it was realistic as hell.

But yesterday I did a CRJ testflight from EDDM to LOWS and I was so busy with doing all the stuff pilots do that I did not even notice the terrain and superb visuals MSFS offers. Just knowing they were there for me to see also made it a very realistic experience.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Back in the day I flew the Aerowinx Precision simulator and for that kind of simulation you really do not need visuals and it was realistic as hell.

But yesterday I did a CRJ testflight from EDDM to LOWS and I was so busy with doing all the stuff pilots do that I did not even notice the terrain and superb visuals MSFS offers. Just knowing they were there for me to see also made it a very realistic experience.

The problem is when you do notice the visuals. It usually means that they're crap :P

• Like 2

vor 6 Minuten, The Dude sagte:

But yesterday I did a CRJ testflight from EDDM to LOWS and I was so busy with doing all the stuff pilots do that I did not even notice the terrain and superb visuals MSFS offers.

I'm sorry but I might have missed that: Are you a beta tester for the Aerosoft CRJ?

vor 3 Minuten, Abriael sagte:

The problem is when you do notice the visuals. It usually means that they're crap :P

True, it's when you start figuring out where the things you know IRL are in the sim. That rarely happens with MSFS.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

That is difficult to say. VR is the ultimate immersion you can get but it requires a very high end computer and the visuals will not be as good as on a monitor. I have an HP G2 and love to do some bush flying with it but for airline flying I will stick with an 4K monitor for the time being.

I am surprised you feel this way about airliners and VR. I on the contrary enjoy the presence while in VR. A lot more immersive, easier for landings and less workload not having to manage camera position (unless you use trackir).

I also have a G2 and after optimizations it is performing extremely well. Taking off from ENVA is just breathtaking. I manage close to 35fps with medium to high settings.

The only downside at this time is the lack of proper support for bringing in an EFB on board in VR (maps, PDFs, vatsim freq...). There are ways but it is a bit cumbersome. Can’t wait to see the CRJ EFB.

I also fly VR in xplane and sitting in the majestic cockpit of the A300,321, 767 on take off makes it nigh impossible for me to fly in 2D nowadays. Add to that the breathtaking scenery in MSFS I can almost say with full assurance that in a year or 2 VR will be a lot more ubiquitous in sims (and desktop apps).

• Deputy Sheriffs

Don't get me wrong, I love VR flying. In DCS I simply can not get back to 2D anymore. Only when flying airliners do I still prefer 2D for now but I have to admit that MSFS may very well change my mind on that. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Thank you

Dear Mathijs,

as I am a beginner in flight simulation, I would love to see the Msfs checklist feature in the CRJ. I mean the feature, that focuses the camera on knobs, buttons and switches to push.

Is it implemented?

• Upvote 1

On 1/2/2021 at 9:45 AM, Salzstreuner said:

[...] I would love to see the Msfs checklist feature in the CRJ. I mean the feature, that focuses the camera on knobs, buttons and switches to push.

Is it implemented?

Hi Salzstreuner, 

the MSFS checklists will be implemented but maybe not on initial release. Here is what we already know to this topic :) 

On 12/1/2020 at 5:56 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

image.png

The checklist system. We will at a certain moment implement the build in MFS checklists system

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Salzstreuner said:

Dear Mathijs,

as I am a beginner in flight simulation, I would love to see the Msfs checklist feature in the CRJ. I mean the feature, that focuses the camera on knobs, buttons and switches to push.

Is it implemented?

Not saying you have to fly this way, but more "real life" simulations require a similar commitment. Whether the camera focus is implemented or not, you're going to want to read the manuals and learn the ins and outs of the aircraft. That's how most people will enjoy it the most. 

You're lucky because anything you don't understand in the manuals is a simple Google search away from a video or website that will teach you. Us old timers had to actually read books...

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

To be honest, just nonsense. The CRJ flies fine with all systems as it does in P3D, while looking a lot better and with better framerates.  We just need to iron out some issues.

And in complexity the CRJ is pretty much the same as a 737.

It's funny how some people can't get this. I've seen lot of goons over the past few days falsely construing the delay as "hey look! We told you, MSFS is not a true simulator! Come back to P3D and Xplane plzplzplz!!!" ūüėā

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But they are right in one part. P3D is still a fantastic simulator just as X-Plane is. We'll likely release a major update of the Airbus A330 this week on P3D.

But that's not what they're saying :D I'm perfectly fine with people liking X-Plane and P3D (as much as I'm personally done with them). The issue I have is the panic that leads people to diss MSFS's value as a simulator.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

To be honest, just nonsense. The CRJ flies fine with all systems as it does in P3D, while looking a lot better and with better framerates.  We just need to iron out some issues.

And in complexity the CRJ is pretty much the same as a 737.

Will the CRJ in MSFS simulate ALL of the systems it did in P3D? Or will it simulate more systems...any way we could get a quick and dirty list as to what is being simulated in the MSFS version? 

6 hours ago, Abriael said:

It's funny how some people can't get this. I've seen lot of goons over the past few days falsely construing the delay as "hey look! We told you, MSFS is not a true simulator! Come back to P3D and Xplane plzplzplz!!!" ūüėā

The amount of misinformation spreading around in Avaim fourms sometimes is crazy, and many of these misinformation started by some die hard P3D folks which sometimes I don't get why are they behaving like this. Although I am fan of X-Plane and MSFS, I believe MSFS no matter will shape the future of simming for the better, so these folks should be happy not just throw some nonsense random words like "eye candy" or "a game" .

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Omar Al-Safi said:

The amount of misinformation spreading around in Avaim fourms sometimes is crazy, and many of these misinformation started by some die hard P3D folks which sometimes I don't get why are they behaving like this. Although I am fan of X-Plane and MSFS, I believe MSFS no matter will shape the future of simming for the better, so these folks should be happy not just throw some nonsense random words like "eye candy" or "a game" .

Yes, it is difficult to understand the reasoning from individuals that state MSFS is not a real simulator. I also use X-Plane in addition to MSFS purely for the selection and flight dynamics of the aircraft. I believe enhanced scenery improvements are due in X-Plane 12. Scenery improvements will be required for people to hang on to the X-Plane platform as the variety and quality of aircraft become available for MSFS. The scenery in this sim has set the bar very high, especially for default scenery right out of the box!

• Like 1

There's a big sunk cost fallacy going on for a lot of people since they've spent hundreds of dollars on payware for the older sims. They don't want to believe that all their money may have been obsoleted.

• Like 3

vor 5 Stunden , Doering sagte:

[...] The scenery in this sim has set the bar very high, especially for default scenery right out of the box!

And this is exactly where the difficulty lies for the developers of X-Plane and also P3D. Neither of them can spend such huge sums of money on the development and only Microsoft has the advantage of using its own Bing satellite data which will be updated constantly when new data becomes available. So I think MSFS will always have an advantage in terms of scenery. But in terms of flight dynamics ... :D 

2 hours ago, M4V3R1CK said:

And this is exactly where the difficulty lies for the developers of X-Plane and also P3D. Neither of them can spend such huge sums of money on the development and only Microsoft has the advantage of using its own Bing satellite data which will be updated constantly when new data becomes available. So I think MSFS will always have an advantage in terms of scenery. But in terms of flight dynamics ... :D 

The satellite data isn't actually the revolution here. It's the streaming of that data through Microsoft's massive Azure servers that allows them to do what they're doing. Anyone could get access to good satellite data and probably even make decent autogen out of it. But no one except heavy hitters like MS, Google, Apple, etc have the bandwidth, storage, and capacity to handle the network requirements of streaming petabytes of data.

Also the flight dynamics are fine. Better than any other consumer sim. The C172 in particular flies exactly like the ones I instructed out of. The issue with the A320, etc isn't the simulation, it's the way the control laws are written and what seems to be some hacks used to try to correct flight behavior instead of just using calculated performance.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Root Admin
16 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Will the CRJ in MSFS simulate ALL of the systems it did in P3D? Or will it simulate more systems...any way we could get a quick and dirty list as to what is being simulated in the MSFS version? 

I am sorry but we are unable to give a feature list at this moment.

7 minutes ago, Fynus said:

Is there anyone here that uses Foreflight with the CRJ IRL or in the sim?

I use ForeFlight in all my flights for FS2020 and X-Plane. The integration is seamless and accurate with both sims. Flight plans are precisely matched between ForeFlight and the sims. You can check my videos out using ForeFlight on my YouTube channel ‚ÄúThe Flight Level‚ÄĚ

14 hours ago, Omar Al-Safi said:

My guess would be if you have spent 1,000s on upgrading your game anything that might come along and derail it is looked on with fear and resentment. MSFS is not without its issues and each update seems to be conducted by people that have spent 1000s on P3D LOL!!!! but the misinformation taking things too far. There really is no reason that all three flightsims can't continue to live together...Pepsi and Coke have managed to do so for 100 years!