Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

13 minutes ago, WHENISCRJ said:

Nah it's not coming anytime soon, otherwise they wouldn't have said it like that. Probably 3 months from now I guess. I was looking forward, too bad.

A quarter is three months. It likely won't be 2 days no, but it could be a month, two months, or three. Probably they don't know yet, and they'll announce a release date when they know. Speaking of quarters gives them flexibility. 

• Upvote 4

I'm relieved to hear that it was pushed only into the upcoming quarter (even if it seems likely to be towards the end of that range since we're so close) as I feared it could be much worse. I'm still looking forward to this a lot and the teaser video looks great.

vor 1 hour , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Friends, I was asked to posts this.

-----------------------------

Dear FlightSim Community,

We feel the expectation on us to give official information about the release of the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator.

In this regard we have a concern and we’ll keep it short: We made a really tough decision to postpone the CRJ release into the first quarter of next year. This decision wasn't easy for us, because we know how much anticipation there is in the community for this add-on.

We have decided to do so, because we want to deliver a CRJ that meets all expectations, but we have not reached this level yet. We need more time for the development and beta testing. We hope the additional time allows us to complete the necessary work to provide the highest quality and the best possible experience for you right from the start.

We therefore hope for your understanding.  However, we do have a little present for you. The first official teaser:

We wish you and your loved ones a Happy New Year!

This is one of the reason why I think 2021 will be a much better year for everyone in general :D

And this video looks amazing! The sharpness of decals like the "caution" thing below the APU exhaust is great. Guess next year will be amazing for this sim.

'Guten Rutsch' to all the Aerosoft team members :)

PS: My bravo throttle might be send in the beginning of february. So perfect timing since I dont have to see the throttle stutter like crazy with the poor quality ones I do have right now ^^

Thanks for the update and honesty... whilst it's disappointing news i can fully understand why the launch has had to be delayed. Far better to launch with the CRJ working as it should, instead of with issues (which are still clearly evident with the default aircraft in MSFS, and something asobo and MS need to get on top of quickly) if they can't get that right, i would forsee massive issues for any launch at present.

The only reality in this matter is that MSFS is far from being a flight simulator as most of us know and expect. It is only a simulator for gamers to make visual flights, with a visual base that is admirable both for geography and meteorology, with visual effects never seen before in a simulator. But the engine of the simulator is not suitable at the moment for anything else. IFR as we know it in X-Plane or P3D is a dream. And Aerosoft is the one who is making a huge and meritorious effort for Asobo to modify the heart of the simulator. If they succeed, MSFS will be the simulator of the future. But that is currently open and not yet certain. That's why the postponement of the launch of the only airliner that has been presented so far.

I sincerely hope that they will achieve the necessary changes. I'm the first one who wants to fly in this simulator with everything it offers visually, but it must also be realistic.

Happy 2021 to everyone.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 29

Hace 9 horas, Mathijs Kok dijo:

Amigos, me pidieron que publicara esto.

-----------------------------

Estimada comunidad FlightSim,

Sentimos la expectativa de que brindemos información oficial sobre el lanzamiento de Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 para Microsoft Flight Simulator.

En este sentido, tenemos una preocupación y la haremos breve: tomamos una decisión realmente difícil de posponer el lanzamiento de CRJ hasta el primer trimestre del próximo año. Esta decisión no fue fácil para nosotros, porque sabemos cuánta anticipación hay en la comunidad por este complemento.

Hemos decidido hacerlo, porque queremos entregar un CRJ que cumpla con todas las expectativas, pero aún no hemos alcanzado este nivel. Necesitamos más tiempo para el desarrollo y las pruebas beta. Esperamos que el tiempo adicional nos permita completar el trabajo necesario para brindarle la más alta calidad y la mejor experiencia posible desde el principio.

Por tanto, esperamos su comprensión. Sin embargo, tenemos un pequeño regalo para ti. El primer teaser oficial:

¡Le deseamos a usted y sus seres queridos un Feliz Año Nuevo!

I understand you perfectly, it is better to go things calmly, and have the product finished and that meet all expectations. Despite wanting to have it, I prefer to wait until the product is completely ready for launch, I don't want an unfinished product, like everyone else, so, take as much time as you need, happy new year and that in 2021 they bring us positive things. Good job  understand you perfectly, it is better to go things calmly, and have the product finished and that meet all expectations. Despite wanting to have it, I prefer to wait until the product is completely ready for launch, I don't want an unfinished product, like everyone else, so, take as much time as you need, happy new year

• Upvote 1

On 12/29/2020 at 5:32 PM, Exile1 said:

Anyone care to share their maiden flight plans for the CRJ? I bet there’s some interesting routes, that I’m definitely not aware of (this being a regional workhorse) .

Delta, RDU-MSP in the CRJ-700 and eventually the -900 when it releases. Then maybe RDU-DFW with American Eagle.

2 hours ago, The Flying Fabio said:

I'm a real-world pilot, FlightSafety instructor, and, as of three months ago, a Twitch streamer. I stream five times a week, and fly almost exclusively IFR.

Can confirm. I've watched you on Twitch flying exclusively IFR in all kind of aircraft in MSFS, be it a C152 or DA60, or A320 or CJ4 (the last three being the incredible mods by MrTommy, FlyByWire and Working Title respectively) and nothing but IFR, for countless hours, even with failures (honorable mention to RandFailuresFS2020 developer Kaneron from Czech Republic...no...Poland...remember the little gaffe during your MSFS official stream? just kidding). Thank you for your dedication and contributions to aviation and flight simulation.

vor 4 Stunden , IXU sagte:

The only reality in this matter is that MSFS is far from being a flight simulator as most of us know and expect. It is only a simulator for gamers to make visual flights, with a visual base that is admirable both for geography and meteorology, with visual effects never seen before in a simulator. But the engine of the simulator is not suitable at the moment for anything else. IFR as we know it in X-Plane or P3D is a dream. And Aerosoft is the one who is making a huge and meritorious effort for Asobo to modify the heart of the simulator. If they succeed, MSFS will be the simulator of the future. But that is currently open and not yet certain. That's why the postponement of the launch of the only airliner that has been presented so far.

I sincerely hope that they will achieve the necessary changes. I'm the first one who wants to fly in this simulator with everything it offers visually, but it must also be realistic.

Happy 2021 to everyone.

Having watched Star Wars the last few days, the only suitable phrase that comes to my mind when reading your 'the only reality.. ' is 'only a Sith deals in absolutes'. 

Having said that, I will know get into my cockpit and fly with my IFR route through some really low ceilings :) 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Flying Fabio said:

I'm a real-world pilot, FlightSafety instructor, and, as of three months ago, a Twitch streamer. I stream five times a week, and fly almost exclusively IFR.

I just want to vouch for Fabio -- he's fantastic. I'm not sure if he's in the beta program or not, but if he isn't, he should be. I believe he flew Embraer rather than the CRJ, but he is the type of person who will exhaustively consume the documentation and explore the systems in-depth. He was even featured on the official Microsoft Flight Simulator stream recently. I have no doubt he could provide both valuable feedback and publicity.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aplato said:

I just want to vouch for Fabio -- he's fantastic. I'm not sure if he's in the beta program or not, but if he isn't, he should be. I believe he flew Embraer rather than the CRJ, but he is the type of person who will exhaustively consume the documentation and explore the systems in-depth. He was even featured on the official Microsoft Flight Simulator stream recently. I have no doubt he could provide both valuable feedback and publicity.

I’d also like to vouch for myself, I would spend a ton of time fully going in depth and reviewing systems, finding bugs, etc. 

Seriously.

(I’m kidding..... maybe..... 😏)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fynus said:

Having watched Star Wars the last few days, the only suitable phrase that comes to my mind when reading your 'the only reality.. ' is 'only a Sith deals in absolutes'. 

Having said that, I will know get into my cockpit and fly with my IFR route through some really low ceilings :) 

well, I don't know what is the reality but there are a number of  important limitations in flying IFR on MSFS. The behaviour of the airliners is often inconsistent, even with the mods. This might be easier to handle for experienced simmers and real life pilots. However, for people who want to learn it's incredibly difficult to understand if they are doing something wrong or if they are encountering one of the numerous and ever changing bugs.

FS2020 is indeed visually stunning but having to use microsoft products for work every single day, I don't trust them a single bit that they will fix things over time.

The reason we are eagerly anticipating the CRJ is because we all hope that Aerosoft will fix the current limitations and erratic behaviour of FS2020. If they need time to do so, I am very happy they are taking it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8