Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

I am trying to correctly identify the exact base models that Aerosoft is building for MSFS. 

1.  Is this Aerosoft CRJ700 commonly referred to as the CRJ700ER ?  Is the CRJ550 also an ER model ?

2. Is the Aerosoft model a NextGen or are all the recent models NextGen models ?

3. Is there any external differences between the CRJ550 and the CRJ700 ?

4.  Are any performance differences between the 550 and the 700 only because of weight differences ?

5.  Will the cabin be built out with seats and overhead bins?

6.  Will users notice any difference in performance between the 700 and 550 due to the delta in weight?

Regards,

• Root Admin
13 minutes ago, Jetjockey10 said:

I am trying to correctly identify the exact base models that Aerosoft is building for MSFS. 

1.  Is this Aerosoft CRJ700 commonly referred to as the CRJ700ER ?  Is the CRJ550 also an ER model ?

2. Is the Aerosoft model a NextGen or are all the recent models NextGen models ?

3. Is there any external differences between the CRJ550 and the CRJ700 ?

4.  Are any performance differences between the 550 and the 700 only because of weight differences ?

5.  Will the cabin be built out with seats and overhead bins?

6.  Will users notice any difference in performance between the 700 and 550 due to the delta in weight?

Regards,

Sorry, we have been asked not to discuss features.

1 hour ago, PRO-PILOT said:

i know alot of ppl may not like what i will say, but i feel everyone is losing the hype for the crj after what happened, who agrees?

I don't think people are losing hype for it -- I know I'm looking forward to the CRJ more than any other announced add-on for Flight Simulator -- but I know I'm doubting that we'll see it anytime soon as a result of this communication policy change. I suspect that too many people interpreted positive/optimistic comments to believe that release was imminent, despite cautioning, and then either a need for significant fixes was identified during testing or there are still unresolved issues with dependencies in the sim engine, leading to this change to cool expectations.

I've more or less made peace with the idea that it's going to be several months to a year before a high-fidelity airliner is available, and even then I'm much more interested in aircraft designed for short hops than long-haul flights. That's disappointing, but I remain hopeful that it will be worth the wait and that I can retain my interest by watching streams, doing some GA flying, or messing around with some of the community mods in the interim. As long as I'm still paying attention to the flight sim world at that point, the CRJ will be a day one purchase for me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mathijs and the Aerosoft dev/project team were relatively circumspect, but still forthcoming, in keeping us wise to the fact that there were certain areas that Asobo needed to address in the core engine before the CRJ could attain a level fit for release.  We all greatly enjoyed that conversation and it appeared, certainly to me, that the Aerosoft team hoped these modifications would be taken care of in the last patch.

Shortly after that patch release someone, in this thread, publicly and explicitly pointed out (so Asobo knew the community was perfectly well aware of it) precisely what needed to be fixed for a deep-systems and accurate flight model airliner to behave itself i.e. what had not been taken care of in this respect. With that in mind it's unlikely that the CRJ will release before the next substantial systems/flight model update

Too much came out out of the bag for this collaboration and, while this will not affect the release date, it certainly woke the info-share beast. It was fun while it lasted but we're back in the humdrum of normal service now. 

Bring it on. When it's ready.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think People need to realise that this isn't an overnight thing. Impatience is expected, especially when there are no other study level aircraft available for the sim. I Myself am only doing a small bit of VFR on it as i find FS quite poor, every time i go on i have to update and something else is broken which is why i'm sticking with P3D for at least another 18 months.

If you look at PMDG, they have clearly said its going to take a year MINIMUM and they aren't still even certain about a 2021 release for the 737 so this brings into perspective what Aerosoft are up against here.

I don't even know why the devs are even entertaining responding to so many comments as it only invites more interrogation.

I'm sure we will hear fairly quick when its released so until then.... Slán.

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1

I think a great number of us that use a flight simulator as a tool for learning, have given up any hope that either Asobo, or developers will ever deliver a quality tool for real world learning. It is becoming quiet clear at this point that Asobo and developers are only concerned with trying to sell high volume products to gamers. 

• Downvote 25

• Root Admin
46 minutes ago, JasonmCork said:

If you look at PMDG, they have clearly said its going to take a year MINIMUM and they aren't still even certain about a 2021 release for the 737 so this brings into perspective what Aerosoft are up against here.

Yes but they also said that was about THEIR products that sell for three times what we ask. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PRO-PILOT said:

i know alot of ppl may not like what i will say, but i feel everyone is losing the hype for the crj after what happened, who agrees?

I would agree with you but for one thing, with the exception of Carenardo(who have suffered their own issues with compatibility), no one has been able to get major aircraft content out onto MSFS yet. However, one only needs to look at real-life aviation history to know that being on the leading edge of technology isn't always a great place to be and it's very easy to get very wrong if you screw it up(I'm thinking of the Comet, Concorde, Convair 880/990 to name but three).

For what its worth I think Aerosoft are being prudent with the release, can't wait for it but, its not one that they can really get wrong.       

• Like 1

vor 32 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

MFS is a entertainment product. Without any aims to be factor in the serious training platform.

And that is very good! I'm entertained by MSFS very much and the hours I enjoyed VFR-flying and watching our wonderful simulated world I never have had in P3D. 

For what reason I should do trainings here at home in front of my PC and monitor? I only do it for relaxing after a working day, sometimes with an airbus, sometimes with a CJR or a Boeing (when they are available) but most with the Cessna at the moment. That's all and that is more than enough for me.

By the way: learning something depends on the airplanes. I'm sure when sophisticated airplanes will be arrived in MSFS I can do learning in the same way as I can do it in P3D now or did in FSX formerly.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Vor 1 Stunde, Neil J Malloy sagte:

I think a great number of us that use a flight simulator as a tool for learning, have given up any hope that either Asobo, or developers will ever deliver a quality tool for real world learning. It is becoming quiet clear at this point that Asobo and developers are only concerned with trying to sell high volume products to gamers. 

Good thing, that there is a big difference in thinking and knowing :)

I wonder if Aerosoft could bring MS/Asobo to their senses and make them bring back the submodels for airliners in the airliner selection menu.

I mean soon we will get 4 versions of the CRJ. They would all be listed in the list individually.

We also have premium versions of the same aircraft but with a different cockpit. (not by Aerosoft, but in the vanilla/premium versions of the game)

It adds up fast and it is messy.

In FS2004/FSX they had airliners and submodels. So the CRJ for example would be listed once, and then in the next dropdown (or submenu in MSFS) you'd select what submodel you want (550/700/900/1000).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Matthijs88 said:

Is it possible to tell when we can expect something from the marketing department?

Yeah, good question. They said that they're "changing communication", not eliminating it. So when it's basically gone here there should be something else, I don't know where or when. That's why it's a bit hard to know anything about anything CRJ related now really, because you don't know where you're gonna get the actual information once they do eventually release it. I'll Just wait until someone mentions it in here, then I'll know where to look. This is the first new release I'll be buying immediately, that's why I find it a bit hard to know where to look in the future and how the release will be announced once it's ready. But yeah, I agree that'd be good to know. Just when there's something new...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

23 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well and you would be correct in that. MFS is a entertainment product. Without any aims to be factor in the serious training platform. They never claimed that, they never said anything like that. 

P3D however is intended as a training tool. We have training products on that platform you do not know about and that you will never be able to buy.  

I agree that MFS is an entertainment product, and will likely never be anything more. I disagree however, that they never said this sim was intended to be a serious simulator. In fact they have repetitively said that this is the most accurate to real life flying in any consumer grade simulator. It is nice to hear that you have products in P3D only available to commercial consumers. The assertion that I do not know about these products isn't really relevant to my statement, and assumes you know more about me than you really do. I am personally not a fanboy of P3D, Xplane, or MSFS. I would have personally liked it if MSFS was working in a more substantial way, before the community was told by people with early access that this was the best flight simulator on the market. The fact that MSFS has a 74% rating on steam, along with the fact that most streamers that were streaming MSFS are now streaming P3D or Xplane says something very different. I am sure that this statement will get a lot more down votes, but it is the reality of the current state of things as I see it. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 12