Jump to content

Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ


Hans Hartmann
 Share

Recommended Posts

This topic turned less positive rather abruptly. While we all might not agree with this decision, there might be good reasons for it. While reading through, I have been wondering when this door was going to close, but it’s mostly been because of a growing trend I can only word as ‘nagging’.
The endless questions has two sides, we as customers have been getting a lot of information, and that is a real plus. I agree with popular demand about this. Being informed has surely made more people anxious to get this add on. The other side of the coin is the nagging. When is the release, will it come for Christmas oh, I’m sure it’s coming before Xmas eve, will (insert livery of any obscure airline here) be included, will I be able to push a button in the cockpit and my girlfriend/boyfriend appear with fresh coffee (ok, this one I just made up😜) and the list goes on and on. 
Im positive that the devs have ALOT on their plate this close to release, and constantly answering ultra-specific questions and the ever-looming “when!?”, I’m sure they quietly think, just a little bit that ‘finally we can get back to work’

 

excitement is a good thing and this thread has mostly been a joy to read, but the decision to slow it down a bit is understandable, if you take a step back and see it from the other side. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Alan_A said:

 

Very sorry to hear this.  Clearly it's out of your hands... and if I had to guess, the new directive comes from Microsoft and Asobo... but it's a bad move.  Undercuts a proven way of generating enthusiasm and creating a sense of community.  Typical corporate over-control.  As you might remember... only because I've pointed it out from time to time... ;) ... I've made my living in corporate communications and PR for the past 30 years.  So... take this as a professional opinion and feel free to pass it up the line.  Probably won't help, but you never know.  Maybe somebody can be persuaded to open the doors again.

 

Oh, and... looking forward to the CRJ whenever it lands.  Hope all of you have great holidays!


 

Indeed, I'm afraid Microsoft and Asobo have a bigger role in this than we think. This is not good sign because we all know how "great" that communication can be ...

 

I have always appreciated Aerosoft's open communication but this is going in the wrong direction guys!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Merry Christmas everyone, and just breathe easily and find something else for the coming week.

 

In my case, yesterday my Bravo was finally delivered... UPS put some effort in trying to deliver after Christmas even though the package was already in the Netherlands, but in a stroke of luck they re-transferred it to the correct Hub and took it along for a ride towards my home. Due to only the first character of the postal code making it on to the address slip, it was sent to Amsterdam (45km to the west) instead of Utrecht (52km to the south), and nobody was going the short route. So, after looking up the correct postal code (not because of the route planner, street and number were correct), and failing to identify it (I'm still unsure how they managed to do that), they used a close-enough one and realized it should be somewhere else. Ah well, at least it arrived in one piece.

 

Good Cheer!

Bert Laverman

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Matthijs88 said:

I'm afraid Microsoft and Asobo have a bigger role in this than we think. This is not good sign because we all know how "great" that communication can be ...

 

I have always appreciated Aerosoft's open communication but this is going in the wrong direction guys!

 

If Microsoft and Asobo were a factor, then I'd like to state for the record that my continued faith in both companies has been solely fueled by Aerosoft's (and Mathjis in particular) updates and insights.

 

Then again, maybe we have this all wrong. In an information vacuum, sheer speculation is all we really have to work with.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 7 Stunden , Alan_A sagte:

[...] if I had to guess, the new directive comes from Microsoft and Asobo [...]

 

Would also make sence. I mean we often heard that either the SDK is not fulfilling the needs or the Sim itself causes a problems that cant be solved by Aerosoft and prevent a release. Maybe Asobo and MS dont like such an open and communication. For them it's negative PR although every 3rd party developer like Aerosoft and PMDG make clear that the guys at Asobo really do their best to help and improve the platform.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whilst I can clearly see that everyone is very disappointed about the communication including me. Let’s not forget that the people like Hans, the dude and Mathijs who are working hard and have been making the customer experience one of the best I have seen for present day. For the sake of those staff let’s keep it down a bit and not let a negative destroy all the positives on this forum. I’m sure if people want to carry this on we can Create a separate post. Let’s not bring down the CRJ post and maintain the friendly and positive chat we all made this to be. ;)

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every company has its policies change requirements and I am most willing to accept whatever is decided as needed by their internal management. It may not be so pleasant especially after experiencing the most open communication in this industry. No other come even a near second! But if that’s the decision than so be it. I will not deny that it will be sorely missed.  

 

What I am looking forward to is to have the CRJ download in my system and enjoying the flying experience when the time comes.

 

Till then, I will just keep checking Aerosoft’s website and forums multiple times day. There might just be the information that I am most anxious to read. 
 

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! image.png.fad39803a350a90ee2662c2a3789d1cc.pngimage.png.7643c567ec07ed10acb2455fd65f260f.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Surfwarrior said:

Whilst I can clearly see that everyone is very disappointed about the communication including me. Let’s not forget that the people like Hans, the dude and Mathijs who are working hard and have been making the customer experience one of the best I have seen for present day. For the sake of those staff let’s keep it down a bit and not let a negative destroy all the positives on this forum. I’m sure if people want to carry this on we can Create a separate post. Let’s not bring down the CRJ post and maintain the friendly and positive chat we all made this to be. ;)

 

I agree, but I don't think anyone here has tried to suggest that they're responsible for this either.

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Doc3d said:

This topic turned less positive rather abruptly. While we all might not agree with this decision, there might be good reasons for it. While reading through, I have been wondering when this door was going to close, but it’s mostly been because of a growing trend I can only word as ‘nagging’.
The endless questions has two sides, we as customers have been getting a lot of information, and that is a real plus. I agree with popular demand about this. Being informed has surely made more people anxious to get this add on. The other side of the coin is the nagging. When is the release, will it come for Christmas oh, I’m sure it’s coming before Xmas eve, will (insert livery of any obscure airline here) be included, will I be able to push a button in the cockpit and my girlfriend/boyfriend appear with fresh coffee (ok, this one I just made up😜) and the list goes on and on. 
Im positive that the devs have ALOT on their plate this close to release, and constantly answering ultra-specific questions and the ever-looming “when!?”, I’m sure they quietly think, just a little bit that ‘finally we can get back to work’

 

excitement is a good thing and this thread has mostly been a joy to read, but the decision to slow it down a bit is understandable, if you take a step back and see it from the other side. 

I agree with this. I see how people can think negatively about this decision but they have no reason too. Someone said that it'll hold off their decision to buy the CRJ by a couple months because of this but it still means that they're still going to buy it🤷🏾‍♂️.

 

Ultimately I think that people were beginning to take advantage of the open communication. It almost as of some were trying to word their questions in a way to get a release date out of it. Whenever the CRJ is released, I'm sure all of us in this thread will buy it, regardless of of there's open communication or not. Even with the manuals, its just gearing us to get ready because they know we will purchase it. 

 

Whatever the reason marketing decided to limit the open communication, I don't think it's reasonable to get upset. Aersosoft has done a great job showing us what they have. People have to be patient and stop with the complaining. It could be putting added stress on the team seeing these negative responses. They're already been working tirelessly so please, let them do what they have to do. We'll all have the CRJ in our hands eventually.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, kobe s said:

I agree with this. I see how people can think negatively about this decision but they have no reason too. Someone said that it'll hold off their decision to buy the CRJ by a couple months because of this but it still means that they're still going to buy it🤷🏾‍♂️.

 

Ultimately I think that people were beginning to take advantage of the open communication. It almost as of some were trying to word their questions in a way to get a release date out of it. Whenever the CRJ is released, I'm sure all of us in this thread will buy it, regardless of of there's open communication or not. Even with the manuals, its just gearing us to get ready because they know we will purchase it. 

 

Whatever the reason marketing decided to limit the open communication, I don't think it's reasonable to get upset. Aersosoft has done a great job showing us what they have. People have to be patient and stop with the complaining. It could be putting added stress on the team seeing these negative responses. They're already been working tirelessly so please, let them do what they have to do. We'll all have the CRJ in our hands eventually.

 

I think ya folks really need to hold off the conspiracy theories. Normally, the correct answer is the simplest. Marketing departments usually like to control the flow of information, and having developers and producers communicating directly with users as often as it happened here (and often after hours) removes or severely limits that control. 

 

When a company takes an unpopular decision, some tend to bend over twice to argue that it must be the customers' fault. Most of the times that's simply not true and the reason is much simpler. 

 

Mind you, I'm not blaming anyone, even if I don't agree with the decision. Marketing people often aren't wrong in asking developers to leave communication to the professionals. Yet, in this case  Mathijs was doing a great job, and it's really hard to see his influence on the popularity of the product as anything else than a net positive. That being said, pointing fingers around to identify an external guilty party when it's likely simply a matter of office policy helps no one. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kobe s said:

<snip>

Whatever the reason marketing decided to limit the open communication, I don't think it's reasonable to get upset.

<snip

I've seen this a few times now and I'll raise my final point of order. Marketing minions are in no way involved in this decision-making process; that's just not the way small companies work. Sure, they may have been manoeuvering (doubt it) but this is a senior management clampdown and, in this case, a senior management of one.

 

And for all that, it doesn't matter a jot who in Aerosoft laid down the law. It's the end of a short chain.

 

And, in fine, I do hope the project produces what it promises. That would be very good, and I have no doubt it will.

 

Merry Christmas!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Friends, there is no release imminent, calm down.

 

As you will have seen our communication about this project has changed a bit. We already had a lot of private questions about this. That is NOT because of the release but because we have been asked to change what is being shared a bit. It has been decided this should be more handled by marketing and less by the people involved directly.  As a result you will find less insight in our development processes for MFS in these forums from now on.  We will still try to keep you as much as possible informed. 

 

Of course this does not affect support or our products in any way. It is just a change in communication, nothing more. Clearly this is a rather big step for everybody involved here as we loved keeping you informed. But the current size of Aerosoft means that this has to be handled differently. 

 

added: I have read one of two replies to this topic that were not very polite towards our management. Those posts are removed and the posters were warned. 

 

Is that so that other companies can't get am insight into your processes for MFS? If so that is very greedy from Aerosoft and it will distance many from a company which  has had the best communication out of any developer. 

  • Downvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with the whole conspiracy theories thing, the old phrase Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) springs to mind.

 

From my reading of the situation there has been a hope/wish/goal(whatever people want to call it, personally I'm not picking a hill to die on with whatever anyone wants to call it)that we might have this by Christmas. It now seems that that's..... unlikely and I'm sure there is a concern how that would be received.  

 

For what it's worth, for me, while disappointing, I greatly appreciate the level of interaction the company had previously shown and that means more to me than a delayed release.

 

In closing thank you for a fun ran this year reading everyone's posts and Merry Christmas to you all in what I'm sure will be the most extraordinary one most of us have in our lifetimes, sharing part of it with you all will be something I remember from this year...... 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin
37 minutes ago, ollie_taiani said:

Is that so that other companies can't get am insight into your processes for MFS? If so that is very greedy from Aerosoft and it will distance many from a company which  has had the best communication out of any developer. 

 

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/155410-aerosoft-aircraft-crj-for-msfs/page/29/&tab=comments#comment-1006036

 

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Mathijs Kok I'm sure you're aware, but it is a very small, vocal part of the community that will raise issues / concerns with the message you gave. I imagine as we're nearing release, Microsoft / Asobo want to control the marketing and communications of the product as it will be a 'flagship' product for the sim. This is a whole new world of heavily commercialised simming from the sheer volume of new users, with significant resource invested over the last few years and there are new rules in play to maximise profits for all involved. 

 

The details you gave were really appreciated, and gave a real insight into the development of the aircraft. We now find ourselves in a position where MS / Asobo need to ensure they have oversight and control of this release in line with their own marketing and release models... and I'm sure this also means they would rather keep talk of issues with the SDK etc internal for now.

 

Many, many of us are excited about this product and cannot wait for the release. Everyone should just let the gears turn and go with the flow a little. You have provided a reasoned communication to everyone, and that's all we expect you to do.  

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...