Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As you will have seen our communication about this project has changed a bit. We already had a lot of private questions about this. That is NOT because of the release but because we have been asked to change what is being shared a bit. It has been decided this should be more handled by marketing and less by the people involved directly.  As a result you will not find a lot of insight in our development processes for MFS in these forums from now on. 

Of course this does not affect support or our products in any way. It is just a change in communication, nothing more. Clearly this is a rather big step for everybody involved here as we loved keeping you informed. But the current size of Aerosoft means that this has to be handled differently. 

This is really a sad news, the way communication have been handled untill now is the main reason that makes me interested in this project. Rejoice when there is even a little progress and being sorrow for bug or devkit deficencies all builds up emphaty and makes us willing to be supportive (in the only way we can, namely buying the product, being patients and forgive little quirks or malfunctions), rarely the marketing sees how all this is important expecially in a little community like we simmers are (don't be dazzled by the two million users...)

sorry for my bad english, hope the concept is clear enough

Riccardo

• Like 10
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, vince carlo said:

You may not desire to fly business jets but it sounds like you have never flown the CJ4 with all mods from the Working Team.  This aircraft checks all the boxes you listed and I have easily flown many hours on VATSIM in congested airspace with no issues managing all necessary navigation as required.

Thanks for the heads-up Vince. I had been considering trying the CRJ mod as I'd been hearing good things about it. The only reason I'd been holding off was because it won't work for my United Virtual Airline routes and I was afraid I'd like it too much. 🙂

• Like 1

Vor 1 Stunde, Der Merowinger sagte:

Maybe we were in high spirits too much...

It doesn't matter: we have christmas and let us enjoy it. Merry christmas to Aeorosoft, all developers and us!

I will join you with this and wish everyone here and the Aerosoft Team a wonderful merry christmas and happy days with our (hopefully) loved ones :)

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

@Mathijs KokFully understand your latest comment and decision. Although I always LOVE to read your very valid comments in different matters. Of course I am also in a "hype" looking forward to Aerosoft's CRJ, but it will be released when it is ready and that day will come, hopefully, therefore I am trying to keep far away from this Covid threat in order to survive for your CRJ :D However I wish you and your team Merry Christmas and a healthy 2021 with a lot of sales and tonight in memory of some of your fantastic comments I had a glass of wine or two plus a pizza, not a frozen one though, dreaming of the flight in the CRJ in the future in AS-MSFS. Frohe Weihnachten und ein gesundes neues Jahr 2021 :)

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

Well I can fully understand the opinion of many of us here regarding the new marketing strategy. I am also a big fan of open communication when new add-ons are in development and yes indeed Aerosoft went a different way compared to the majority of other dev teams but I think we showed them with our reaction that this approach might have been not the best way. If everybody is now complaining about this change than maybe Aerosoft will completely switch to the mainstream behavior which means just an development update every week, month or whatever. I personally dont want this to happen and I also dont think that this was the decision of the people involved directly in the CRJ project but it is as it is now. Let's hope the best and pray for a fast release. Maybe this is why marketing gets more important now. So keep calm and be grateful for everything we got so far. Again it's not common to get so much insights and so quick responses on any question.

Big thank you @Mathijs Kok @Hans Hartmann and all the other guys working on this project.

Merry christmas and stay safe!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Of course this does not affect support or our products in any way. It is just a change in communication, nothing more. Clearly this is a rather big step for everybody involved here as we loved keeping you informed. But the current size of Aerosoft means that this has to be handled differently. 

That's a corporate answer if I've ever heard one, I can respect it though. The fact that it used to be like it was is incredible. Now it's just more like other devs. I'll go get a new keyboard to change out my F5 key and patiently wait.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, M4V3R1CK said:

but I think we showed them with our reaction that this approach might have been not the best way

Sorry, but I do not understand, we all have had extremely positive and polite reactions, what could any company wish more? did I miss something? I mean may be I didn't notice some particular toxic post or something?

20 minutes ago, P_R_S said:

Sorry, but I do not understand, we all have had extremely positive and polite reactions, what could any company wish more? did I miss something? I mean may be I didn't notice some particular toxic post or something?

Just because you make it known that you don't like a decision doesn't mean it has to be toxic.

55 minutes ago, AirbusCG said:

Rob from PMDG recently said quite the same thing about communication. Makes me wonder if MS/Asobo are in any way involved in this...

1 minute ago, P_R_S said:

My first tought too...

As was mine. However, I accept it could be completely unrelated and coincidental. 

vor 5 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

[...] It is just a change in communication, nothing more. Clearly this is a rather big step for everybody involved here as we loved keeping you informed. But the current size of Aerosoft means that this has to be handled differently. 

Vor 1 Stunde, P_R_S sagte:

For me Mathijs last sentence sounds like Aerosoft got too many messages with questions regarding this project.

Actually I dont know for sure but for me it might be logical that many people write their questions not in this topic instead they send PMs, Mails, contact the support of Aerosoft or whatever. So as a result the inboxes of the recipients get full and you spend more time on answering qustions than working of more important things because you are talking to potential customers you dont want to lose.

Nobody wants to get the same questions everyday like for example a release date but as a company you have to answer those requests even if you cant say anything further or you already answered it a dozen of times.

Normally I would answer it once, twice or maybe even more times but somehow you get annoyed because people cant or dont read the forums nor use the search function or even some guys ask everyday the same stuff.

So I think all of this open communication brought all communication channels at Aerosoft a huge amount of workload and well they cant ignore it even if they wanted to because as a company you might risk to lose potential costumers - a big dilemma and you have to react.

Maybe this is what Mathijs meant with the size of Aerosoft

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, M4V3R1CK said:

For me Mathijs last sentence sounds like Aerosoft got too many messages with questions regarding this project.

Actually I dont know for sure but for me it might be logical that many people write their questions not in this topic instead they send PMs, Mails, contact the support of Aerosoft or whatever. So as a result the inboxes of the recipients get full and you spend more time on answering qustions than working of more important things because you are talking to potential customers you dont want to lose.

Nobody wants to get the same questions everyday like for example a release date but as a company you have to answer those requests even if you cant say anything further or you already answered it a dozen of times.

Normally I would answer it once, twice or maybe even more times but somehow you get annoyed because people cant or dont read the forums nor use the search function or even some guys ask everyday the same stuff.

So I think all of this open communication brought all communication channels at Aerosoft a huge amount of workload and well they cant ignore it even if they wanted to because as a company you might risk to lose potential costumers - a big dilemma and you have to react.

Honestly, I don't care how public they are with the screenshots. I was always was (pleasantly) surprised that they were allowed to show so much of the development, so I wasn't too surprised when he said this. But going back to my first sentence, I don't care as long as they maintain a good connection with the customers on the forums and answer questions without having to reveal pretty much the whole development. I know I am going to be heavily criticized for this opinion, but I know they are working so hard to get this out and having all these people bug them about this doesn't help.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, M4V3R1CK said:

Oh yes, fully agree!

I just wanted to add one thing. I think when this topic was opened nobody expexted that so many people are interessted in the CRJ or the new platform itself. I mean 2.000.000+ MSFS users are waiting for an airliner :D Ok not everybody will buy airliners but the simmers are waiting for it ;) and also many new people that are new to flight simulation or people like me who rejoined the hobby :) 

All good things will come in due time. While frustrating to hear the mold being placed communications & development, I think it's wise to step back a little and appreciate what we've seen and just know things will turn out for the best! I've seen tons of criticism toward older versions of the CRJ & I hope this edition puts all that to rest. Mathijs, Hans & the team are doing a splendid job on this and wish everyone at Aerosoft a well rested holiday!

3 hours ago, M4V3R1CK said:

If everybody is now complaining about this change than maybe Aerosoft will completely switch to the mainstream behavior which means just an development update every week, month or whatever.

I'm sorry but this makes zero sense.

1) take decision that proves unpopular among customers.

2) customers complain

3) double down on that decision for no other reason than to spite them.

Whatever logical reason Aerosoft's marketing had to push this change (which I do not see, but doesn't mean it doesn't exist), antagonizing the customer base further would be entirely illogical and petty. This isn't elementary school, come on. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Friends, there is no release imminent, calm down.

As you will have seen our communication about this project has changed a bit. We already had a lot of private questions about this. That is NOT because of the release but because we have been asked to change what is being shared a bit. It has been decided this should be more handled by marketing and less by the people involved directly.  As a result you will not find a lot of insight in our development processes for MFS in these forums from now on. 

Very sorry to hear this.  Clearly it's out of your hands... and if I had to guess, the new directive comes from Microsoft and Asobo... but it's a bad move.  Undercuts a proven way of generating enthusiasm and creating a sense of community.  Typical corporate over-control.  As you might remember... only because I've pointed it out from time to time... ;) ... I've made my living in corporate communications and PR for the past 30 years.  So... take this as a professional opinion and feel free to pass it up the line.  Probably won't help, but you never know.  Maybe somebody can be persuaded to open the doors again.

Oh, and... looking forward to the CRJ whenever it lands.  Hope all of you have great holidays!

• Like 2

I’m new to the flight sim community, so I find it incredible that Aerosoft usually facilitates this degree of direct communication, with someone as senior as the project lead.
It’s nice to see and can yield some very practical results, however most companies just settle for a degree of transparency(which I’m happy with), while letting the marketing and PR guys do their job. 

Thanks to all Aerosoft staff and affiliates, that have participated in this thread over the last few months - it’s been very interesting for me. I hope to hear from you in the future, even if it is on a less regular basis.

• Like 2

vor 8 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

As you will have seen our communication about this project has changed a bit.

It has been decided this should be more handled by marketing and less by the people involved directly. 

What a pity!

Until now, I would have bought the software in the moment, I could do that. Your (like we say in Germany) playing with open cards was the main reason for that. I had no doubt to get a good product, and if there are any problems, they would be accepted, published and eleminated. If now marketing want to close the curtain - ok, that's what we  can do either.  Let's wait, what the first users will wright about the software to open the curtain again. 

The decision, not to report the actual standings, will move my decision to buy the software for a few months (and I think, I'm not alone). If marketing means selling, that people are going the wrong way!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1