Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

1 hour ago, flightlevel700 said:

This isn’t crj related specifically, but have you thought of the aerosoft website crashing from everyone purchasing on release?

That would be a nice problem to have as it would mean much needed $$$ for Aerosoft. Hopefully the devs would get a well deserved Christmas bonus as well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Surfwarrior said:

Hi all, 

Please can someone clarify something for me? In the past with Aerosoft aircraft releasing does the release just happen or is there a release date announced prior? Thanks :)

You specify a release date when you feel you need to drum up interest and get the product 'out there'. However, this isnt the case with this one as it will sell itself. I imagine it will be a sudden release.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry, but we are unable to share information on that at this moment. See it as a good sign.

Told ya 😎

3 hours ago, Abriael said:

Besides, we don't know whether the CRJ is ready for release or not. The inability to comment may mean that it is (and as such they're waiting for the official announcement of the release date) just as much as it may mean that it isn't. 😂

Is it just me or is everyone else coming on to this forum every 30mins and refreshing it too see if they have done an surprise announcement of a release Lol think it just me thought so desperate for some good news after the poor year we have all been going through.

Super excited for the release have been studying the manuals every night so i am prepared. Was so excited when i herd it was Aerosoft that was developing this aircraft as they for me are my go to developers for flight sim scenery and aircraft's.

The team are so dedicated to each of there projects with every little bit of detail not overlooked. There attention to detail on each of there aircraft's and scenery is second to none one of the best developers in my opinion for the amount of detail they add to everything they do.

Keep up the good work Devs and i hope yous all have an safe and amazing Christmas and new year when it comes yous have deserved it

• Like 9

All I can say is that if the CRJ has a working navigation system that will actually immediately and correctly fly whatever changes I make--including the approach that the default ATC won't assign me until I'm 5 miles from the airport, then Aerosoft can have my money right now regardless of whatever other bugs are lurking. At this point, I'd buy a brick if it could be reliably used with Vatsim. Please Aerosoft, free us from the tyranny of usr waypoints and the 180 degree turn to seek out the previous waypoint! As well as the much-maligned randomly breaking off the approach to go direct to the runway bug! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Root Admin

Friends, there is no release imminent, calm down.

As you will have seen our communication about this project has changed a bit. We already had a lot of private questions about this. That is NOT because of the release but because we have been asked to change what is being shared a bit. It has been decided this should be more handled by marketing and less by the people involved directly.  As a result you will find less insight in our development processes for MFS in these forums from now on.  We will still try to keep you as much as possible informed. 

Of course this does not affect support or our products in any way. It is just a change in communication, nothing more. Clearly this is a rather big step for everybody involved here as we loved keeping you informed. But the current size of Aerosoft means that this has to be handled differently. 

added: I have read one of two replies to this topic that were not very polite towards our management. Those posts are removed and the posters were warned. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 11

18 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Friends, there is no release imminent, calm down.

As you will have seen our communication about this project has changed a bit. We already had a lot of private questions about this. That is NOT because of the release but because we have been asked to change what is being shared a bit. It has been decided this should be more handled by marketing and less by the people involved directly.  As a result you will not find a lot of insight in our development processes for MFS in these forums from now on. 

Of course this does not affect support or our products in any way. It is just a change in communication, nothing more. Clearly this is a rather big step for everybody involved here as we loved keeping you informed. But the current size of Aerosoft means that this has to be handled differently. 

The communication was one of the things I loved most! But do what you must and thanks for addressing this. I think I can say on behalf of all of us that we are all very excited and please don’t let the change in communication reduce to radio silence. Thanks! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

4 minutes ago, Cyberstudio said:

Whaaat?? Oh wow, that's too bad. Something that i always loved about your company was the fact that you where open about your projects. We always had insight about what was going on behind the scenes.

From the point of view of us, your customers, this isn't good news at all

Can't agree more with this. I can't see how this can be good for Aerosoft & marketing as well, as open communication is definitely a good promotional tool, whether it's intentional or not. 🤔

That being said, it is what it is. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Abriael said:

Can't agree more with this. I can't see how this can be good for Aerosoft & marketing as well, as open communication is definitely a good promotional tool, whether it's intentional or not. 🤔

Compared to what we have (had?), it looks like a customer hostile decision. Im yet to see a single user/customer/prospect customer complaining that we're getting too much information. Maybe they will reconsider down the line. The last thing we need is another  of those companies that only share insight into its products every 3 or 4 months. Really boring. The Aerosoft approach to this always made me feel part of the project itself.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

45 minutes ago, geoffda said:

All I can say is that if the CRJ has a working navigation system that will actually immediately and correctly fly whatever changes I make--including the approach that the default ATC won't assign me until I'm 5 miles from the airport, then Aerosoft can have my money right now regardless of whatever other bugs are lurking. At this point, I'd buy a brick if it could be reliably used with Vatsim. ...! 🙂

You may not desire to fly business jets but it sounds like you have never flown the CJ4 with all mods from the Working Team.  This aircraft checks all the boxes you listed and I have easily flown many hours on VATSIM in congested airspace with no issues managing all necessary navigation as required.

• Like 2

That is a real shame I have been following this thread for months now and always feel heartened to come here and enjoying experiencing a community excited about something they are collectively look forward to, both with each other and an open group of developers ... Honestly right now(and quite rightly), there are WAY too few outlets that people are able to do that...WTG Aerosoft Marketing 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1