If you cannot find the message you posted we probably moved it to the correct forum section! ×

On 11/29/2020 at 1:26 PM, Hans Hartmann said:

No, they're way too high. At one point during the turn back to the runway, I couldn't see anything on the PFD. That's clearly too much.

yeah, Just like in real life, even in full sun glare you should be seeing a ghost effect of what is on the display beneath the glare.  Think of when your driving you car and the sun hit your cars digital display just right.  you still see a ghost of the information on it.  I agree with Hans

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

To all of you who are saying don`t rush it , don`t work  hard .just go home and have a nice xmas holiday believe me they are not waiting for you to tell them  that, if they could they would .but like any body else  they need money and in order to make money they need product to sale ..!!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mangoo said:

To all of you who are saying don`t rush it , don`t work  hard .just go home and have a nice xmas holiday believe me they are not waiting for you to tell them  that, if they could they would .but like any body else  they need money and in order to make money they need product to sale ..!!

Your point is very valid. Not sure if your aware however aerosoft is currently developing many products at once. For example they have just released an airport today. I’m sure aerosoft is financially sound and that is non of our business. We are saying go home for Christmas because even Mathijs was talking to us about how they are in need of a break and how long the days have been. Once again I see your point but we are just saying from a CRJ perspective that they should not be pressured by the community (even though I doubt that is the case anyway). We are just being courteous :)

I'm curious on the range of options for the liveries for the CRJ. And if I may suggest one if appropriate I would like to see a NetJets Aviation livery. Realistically they do not to my knowledge use CRJ's but it would be awesome to see them! Hears an example of a global livery. 

MqWh

1 hour ago, TheCHcuky said:

I'm curious on the range of options for the liveries for the CRJ. And if I may suggest one if appropriate I would like to see a NetJets Aviation livery. Realistically they do not to my knowledge use CRJ's but it would be awesome to see them! Hears an example of a global livery. 

They mentioned it'll be the same as the P3D version. https://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-simulation/prepar3d-v4/aircraft/2872/crj-professional

On the note of registrations, one thing that always bugged me about FSX aircraft is that, apart from the default aircraft, the registration in the livery is baked into the dds/bmp file with no ability to change them. Effectively, that means that, if I wanted to fly the same livery, I'm forced to fly the same registration over and over again.

Now there's no functional downside to that. However:

• All the pictures taken are of the same plane, which when you realize it is kinda boring
  • When flying on VATSIM, if everyone reported their registration properly in the flightplanning window, then we'd have multiple people flying the same registration. Once again, no functional impact, but aesthetically a bit bizarre.

My question to Aerosoft, as the developers, is there any functionality within MSFS that allows users to apply different tail numbers to different liveries and have it visually appear on the aircraft? If so, are the settings aircraft specific (i.e., they get applied to the same location and with the same color every time, no matter what livery is chosen)? Or can the settings vary from livery to livery (e.g., a white registration for one livery, and the other can have the registration in a slightly different position in blue instead of white)?

This question is entirely aesthetic, I understand that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

amahran asked 12 minutes ago

On the note of registrations, one thing that always bugged me about FSX aircraft is that, apart from the default aircraft, the registration in the livery is baked into the dds/bmp file. Effectively, that means that, if I wanted to fly the same livery, I'm forced to fly the same registration over and over again.

MFS does have that capability. You have to modify one of the files to make the R# stick and be specific. Here is a working example that was posted a couple of months ago. (I don't think the location or color of the Registration is workable) 

[FLTSIM.4]
title = "Airbus A320 Neo Lufthansa" ; Variation name
model = "" ; model folder
panel = "" ; panel folder
sound = "" ; sound folder
texture = "Lufthansa" ; texture folder
kb_checklists = "Boeing747-400_check" ; Procedures/Checklist sibling file name
kb_reference = "Boeing747-400_ref" ; Reference information sibling file name
description = "TT:AIRCRAFT.DESCRIPTION" ; Variation description.
wip_indicator = 0 ; know if the variation is good to go or still WIP : -1=Disabled, 0=Rough, 1=1st Pass, 2=Finished
ui_manufacturer = "TT:AIRCRAFT.UI_MANUFACTURER" ; e.g. Boeing, Cessna
ui_type = "Lufthansa" ; e.g. 747-400, 172
ui_variation = "Lufthansa" ; e.g. World Air, IFR Panel

I can now confirm that this line,  is the one that needs to be changed
ui_type = "Bonanza G36 Turbo G-RYETB" ; e.g. 747-400, 172

A little testing should confirm what you are looking for.

• Thanks 1
  • Root Admin
1 hour ago, TheCHcuky said:

I am sorry but we have not decided on that.

18 minutes ago, Jetjockey10 said:

I can now confirm that this line,  is the one that needs to be changed
ui_type = "Bonanza G36 Turbo G-RYETB" ; e.g. 747-400, 172

A little testing should confirm what you are looking for.

While I understand that this does correctly impact the "ATC Options" window and what the air traffic controller calls you, I was more specifically asking about the visual application of the registration to the aircraft, and the degree of flexibility each of the following parties have to change the style of the registration:

• Addon developers (initial generation of the 3D model)
  • Livery creators (the artists who create the livery)
  • The end user (who flies the livery)

In FSX, addon developers traditionally never made their 3D models visually apply the registration on the tail (I'm not sure if that was even possible). So when livery creators make a livery, they apply a specific registration and bake it into the texture. So when the end user flies the aircraft, no matter what registration they specify in the ATC Options box, the exterior texture and interior panels showed the original registration chosen by the livery creator. I'm curious to know if this is any different in MSFS.

EDIT: Not to mention I think CFG files from 3rd party developers would be DRM-locked, so changing the registration in the config files would definitely not be an option.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Developer
1 hour ago, Jetjockey10 said:

If we can suggest additional liveries for the MFS CRJ package I would like to see a couple of Business Jet liveries.  No specific company, just basic Business Jet colors, one with USA registration.

You get a BJ as -550

• Thanks 1