Amazing, cant wait to fly it. Just a question about nav data, how will it be implemented? Using the ingame nav data system, which in some cases could be inaccurate, lacking or aoutdated, or will the FMS have its own database of navdata which we can update regularly from i quess payware :( sources?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 minutes ago, Levente Sághi said:

Amazing, cant wait to fly it. Just a question about nav data, how will it be implemented? Using the ingame nav data system, which in some cases could be inaccurate, lacking or aoutdated, or will the FMS have its own database of navdata which we can update regularly from i quess payware :( sources?

That question was already answered in this topic. Please, do first a search.

This looks really damn good. I'm really looking forward to the release and until then I will use the time and study the manual Vol 1. Thanks for the open communication here on the forum and the chance to follow you during the development.

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Alexander was working on views and his screenshots are really nice and crisp...

Looks really impressive. I have a curiosity. Do you think you're going to release the CRJ for the Xbox version like the Twin Otter, or this is simply beyond what the target on consoles may enjoy? 

PS: not asking for myself, I'm in line for the PC version lol, but I'm sure many would like to know. You can consider this a semi-formal press inquiry haha 🤗

A few questions:

1. Will all the appropriate SimConnect events be connect to the aircraft systems (e.g. AP functions, lights etc.)?

2. Will any control locks (e.g. throttle) be required to be moved for peripheral input to be effective?

1 hour ago, Abriael said:

Looks really impressive. I have a curiosity. Do you think you're going to release the CRJ for the Xbox version like the Twin Otter, or this is simply beyond what the target on consoles may enjoy? 

PS: not asking for myself, I'm in line for the PC version lol, but I'm sure many would like to know. You can consider this a semi-formal press inquiry haha 🤗

Oh man, i’m trying to imagine someone trying to fly a realistic aircraft and click all the switches, plug in data etc. AND fly it with an Xbox controller.

No hate to Xbox players, and this isn’t intended to answer the question (because I don’t know) - but I just can’t see that working out for any semi-realistic and complicated aircraft. Unless you plug in a Keyboard + Mouse.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Wuper said:

Oh man, i’m trying to imagine someone trying to fly a realistic aircraft and click all the switches, plug in data etc. AND fly it with an Xbox controller.

Yeah, but Xbox is going to have hotas and even yoke peripherals. It also supports Keyboard and mouse. 

• Like 1
Just now, Abriael said:

Yeah, but Xbox is going to have hotas and even yoke peripherals. It also supports Keyboard and mouse. 

That’s the saving grace. If it was controller only, MSFS would be purely a game for kids to fly a plane around in third-person.

I’m glad they are making a more realistic experience possible for those who don’t have access to a good computer or wish to play on console instead.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Wuper said:

That’s the saving grace. If it was controller only, MSFS would be purely a game for kids to fly a plane around in third-person.

I’m glad they are making a more realistic experience possible for those who don’t have access to a good computer or wish to play on console instead.

I think the more interesting aspect of the Xbox version in my opinion is the fact that it provides a super optimized platform for gaming and one that will be uniform hardware/software wise across users. This means that if Asobo makes it work on the xbox and optimizes it, you will not have the same litany of complaints from thousands of users with thousands of hardware configuration, OS versions, software installed, devices anti-virus, etc.... Looking at the MSFS forums this is a recurring issue. 

I think the xbox might position itself as a flightsim appliance especially since it will support peripherals and VR. One can imagine using it as the flightsim computer and use a PC to run our usual suspects (Littlenavmap, SimToolKitPro, Navigraph Charts....).

I am a PC owner...I love PCs but I think the time might be ripe for a transition...The potential downside of a console is its lack of upgradability and the jury is still out as to how long it will remain relevant for MSFS hardware wise.  I personally think that these are amazingly fun times...My 9 year old son is a more avid simmer than I am. He started with X-Plane, now uses both MSFS and X-Plane. Through this hobby he has learned a lot more about the world than through schools...He refers to cities through their ICAO codes...”Dad have you ever been to EKCH?”....

What MSFS has done is to bring the world closer and reinvigorate the hobby via the immersion it provides in the beautiful scenery.( I have a 20TB NAS with 7TB of XPlane scenery...). Unfortunately, we have hardcore simmers that automatically jump to “But wait, the planes suck...”...Completely missing the forest for the trees...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Root Admin
8 hours ago, Abriael said:

Well if we understand things correctly what runs on the PC version will always run on the Xbox version as well.  So as long ad you connect controls, mouse and keyboard it should work. We'll see. We have high hopes for the XBox version as it should be so much easier to 'install' and maintain.

• Like 1
  • Root Admin
6 hours ago, Wuper said:

Just not true. Out Twin Otter is designed to be used by controller only and will be as functional as the version for the PC. In fact it IS the same version.

• Like 1
  • Root Admin
3 hours ago, Fulatoro said:

I think the more interesting aspect of the Xbox version in my opinion is the fact that it provides a super optimized platform for gaming and one that will be uniform hardware/software wise across users. This means that if Asobo makes it work on the xbox and optimizes it, you will not have the same litany of complaints from thousands of users with thousands of hardware configuration, OS versions, software installed, devices anti-virus, etc.... Looking at the MSFS forums this is a recurring issue. 

Ahhh indeed, indeed.  In fact we expect that in the end more add-ons will be sold on the X-Box platform then on the PC platform. Perhaps not the super complex airliners, but the rest will work just fine.

57 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Ahhh indeed, indeed.  In fact we expect that in the end more add-ons will be sold on the X-Box platform then on the PC platform. Perhaps not the super complex airliners, but the rest will work just fine.

Thanks for the reply above. Makes sense.

About this. I honestly think that's not possible. I do believe the console version will make add-on devs a very nice and attractive chunk of money on top of PC, but I doubt it'll surpass the PC crowd in terms of add-on purchased.

If I am wrong, I'll happily pay you a beer at some event (Gamescom?) when this covid thing ends  😂

• Upvote 2

Will the vc displays be super smooth, I remember in the P3D version the vc displays acted a bit slow, like there was sorta delay in them. In some addons (q400) the displays are like liquid smooth and makes it a lot easier when flying in IMC to fly very precise. 

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well if we understand things correctly what runs on the PC version will always run on the Xbox version as well.  So as long ad you connect controls, mouse and keyboard it should work. We'll see. We have high hopes for the XBox version as it should be so much easier to 'install' and maintain.

That's actually a interesting comment. My €1500 PC can't keep up with the high settings. I was looking for some upgrade's. But if it can run good on Xbox with all the planes etc, it's a far cheaper option. But hey, we have to wait and see how it will work for Xbox.

Now on topic ;) 

Just finished manual, It's looking fantastic, Really looking forward to fly it. Hopefully you can release it soon. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Alexander was working on views and his screenshots are really nice and crisp...

[PICTURES REMOVED]

Now I have a request: Can you do a picture of the cockpit as if by a webcam in front of the pilot? Yes, I am asking for a background for my work video calls! The only one I have seen so far that comes close, is diagonally from the side, so it looks as if I am sitting sideways by the window...

Cheers,

Bert

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, NHAviator99 said:

It will be released when its done 👍

I feel like I should elaborate on this for anyone new viewing this thread. The aircraft is near completion and is actually in testing. However at the moment there are a few showstoppers that asobo need to fix with an upcoming update. We have to wait till at least the next asobo update to find out any more information. I hope that this helps all new comers with this summary :)

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Will the vc displays be super smooth

They are silky super liquid smooth. It was the first thing I noticed during the beta. I just flew climbing and descending turns for 15 minutes to admire the VSI doing it's thing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

They are silky super liquid smooth. It was the first thing I noticed during the beta. I just flew climbing and descending turns for 15 minutes to admire the VSI doing it's thing.

Good! This is huge for me. Say, why where the gauges in P3D slow just the type of coding ?