• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

1 hour ago, thokle said:

@Mathijs Kok
I found a small typing error in the manual. Page 9 -> Basic Facts -> Metric units - the range of the CRJ700 is in "kg" instead of "km". I know it is not finished yet, but I saw it and wanted to let you know. :)

If anybody has any comment, do send it to Mathijs.Kok@aerosoft.com. If you like to help translating, please do. We intend to share this manual in 8 languages.

regarding the manual.

39 minutes ago, Robert Xones said:

I am the creator of this airport. However I already was advised to not go offtopic with this here so for any further questions send a pm. Back on track with the crj

Oh! Sorry sir, thanks for answer! btw. looking amazing!!🤩

19 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I wish I could say (or even know). We are still working on showstoppers with Asobo. Will be a long evening again.

Aside from purchasing products you guys (if you haven’t already). Should set up a donation system. Honestly everyday I come here and get my questions answered. I would be happy giving something like a donation so the devs can have a beer on me! 

• Root Admin
12 minutes ago, Surfwarrior said:

Aside from purchasing products you guys (if you haven’t already). Should set up a donation system. Honestly everyday I come here and get my questions answered. I would be happy giving something like a donation so the devs can have a beer on me! 

Not needed. I will buy them that beer on my expense account. Cheap supermarket beer though.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Root Admin
4 minutes ago, Flyboy1 said:

I just finished reading Vol 1 cover to cover.  I am thoroughly impressed with the level of detail and discussion in this manual. The newly added pages of KEY COMMANDS is super nice.

Regards,

Ray

Yes, that was something I decided on this afternoon after reading some comments from people who read the manual. It became, again, clear to me that this product is NOT only aimed to sell at the current P3D/FSX customers but to the 1.2 million users who installed MFS. This does not make our job easier. For P3D we knew we were selling to a customer who understands he difference between vertical and lateral guidance. For this products we simply should not assume that.  We most likely need to explain that to a lot of people, and we are working on that.  Getting new users involved in this hobby is incredibly important to everybody. At the same time we need to avoid  irritating experienced users. 

Let me say this. This hobby has not been this active and vibrant as it was back in 2004. My hair was not totally grey as it is now. But if you read the comments from PMDG, Majestic and Carenado in this topic you will read the same thing. Bring it on, get us a new sim that is solid and we'll make it sing.  The people that kept saying that PMDG 'does not believe in MFS' should read the post by Robert again. It was only bloody Corona that stopped him from sending half his crew to France to work with Asobo. You have any idea what that cost? Even if I would have paid some diners?  Even if they would be invited to spend the weekends at my place? A bloody fortune, that is what it would cost.

Life is full of serendipities and they key to making good things is to grasp them. When I learned that the Asboso team was in Bordeaux, in easy driving distance from my house (even before there was a Tesla Super charger enroute), I just asked if I could come round and bring croissants.  Asobo's reply was that their schedule for the rest of the days was a bit busy but tomorrow was cool.  It helped us to get the deal for the boxed distribution.  Aerosoft was lucky in some ways but hard work makes you lucky. 

Now we just got to deliver. We did with scenery. I think some of the best MFS scenery is done by us and I think our Paderborn airport that is free is the best value for money on airport scenery. It is up to us deliver the first more complex airliner. And it is up to us to make sure that even less experienced simmers can use it.

Need an 'inside' tip? The book "A Guide to Flight Simulator" that is updated all time time is a fantastic resource. I have been using MFS for at least 6 months longer then most of you and I learned some new tricks.  For new simmers, it's a must buy. We sell it (of course) but you can buy it in most stores. If you want to prepare for the CRJ.... get it.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 4

Just one question to the updated manual. Is this version only for the CRJ 550/700 or also for the 900 and 1000 version?

Background is simply that you talk so often about the CRJ 700 and 900 which is not part of the base package and also the manual title is "CRJ 550/700".

Just want to make sure this is how it should be :D

Just a few examples: Also the headline for the CRJ500/700 add-on is in this case "Transitioning to the Bombardier CRJ 700 and 900" 🤔

image.thumb.png.dab607ac69fed12d477c7c26d5084e6e.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image.thumb.png.8a2424e89587a285c5e50cfdcdc2afc3.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Not in the initial version. May be later. And I would prefer to do this once there's a way to use TCP or UDP communications in WASM (from inside the sandbox). I don't have any information about when and how network commucation will be available so far.

Yep, currently the only way to accomplish network communication, as far as I know, is through JavaScript fetch requests through HTML gauges (which is what we currently do). But based on Mathijs's comments on the great performance of the CRJ running solely with WASM gauges, that definitely seems the way to go in the long run. Hopefully proper in-sim weather (and terrain) SDK support comes soon.

Has there been any news regarding some SDK issues - for example the corrupted pContext parameter in SimConnect_CallDispatch? I'm curious as to whether those are impacting the progress of any other third-party developers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7
6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Now we just got to deliver. We did with scenery. I think some of the best MFS scenery is done by us and I think our Paderborn airport that is free is the best value for money on airport scenery.

In my unbiased personal opinion Aerosoft certainly makes THE best sceneries for MSFS. Paderborn was my introduction to the fabulous standards of Aerosoft. I was bowled over that it was graciously offered for free! This proved to me that Aerosoft may be a business concern but it is also kindhearted.

Cologne/Bönn was my first purchase from Aerosoft and I was so awestruck by the stunning attention to fine details and the quality of every bit of artifacts. The bonus was of course the VDGS. Then came Trondheim. Another masterpiece by my most admired developer, Jo Arlend. I will unabashedly admit that I am his fan.

There are no other airport offered by anyone else where one can exit the aircraft door, walk through the jetway looking out at the aircraft, and into the terminal, take the working escalator down and exit the terminal!

To me every airport development by Jo is a masterpiece and a collector’s item.

I did purchase another European airport by another developer and I can see and feel  the difference in standards straight away. The magic just isn’t there. But no regrets because Aerosoft is also said to be developing the same airport and I will just purchase it and replace what I have currently.

So yes! Definitely Aerosoft makes THE best scenery for MSFS. Anyone who haven’t yet experienced this level of quality and development skills is without doubt missing out.

Looking forward to more and more sceneries ... Aerosoft sceneries that is!

1 hour ago, Abriael said:

Personal curiosity, is this Aerosoft's estimate, Asobo's, or something they actually announced and I happened to miss? 

There was an announcement made but I can’t recall the source now. I believe MSFS forum also has also discussed this when it passed the 1M mark.

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, Abriael said:

Personal curiosity, is this Aerosoft's estimate, Asobo's, or something they actually announced and I happened to miss? 

One million by three weeks after launch, per Microsoft head of MFS here. I don't know where the 1.2 million number came from or its reliability, but given the time since the 1 million milestone and the number of "wait-and-see" types in various forums that decided to go for it, I don't find 1.2 million at all unrealistic.

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

One million by three weeks after launch, per Microsoft head of MFS here. I don't know where the 1.2 million number came from or its reliability, but given the time since the 1 million milestone and the number of "wait-and-see" types in various forums that decided to go for it, I don't find 1.2 million at all unrealistic.

Oh yeah, I wasn't doubting the estimate at all. Was just wondering about where it came from :D

• Mathijs Kok changed the title to Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ