1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As there are a lot of new simmers who have never used more complex add-ons and we understand they are worried about the complexity. But we have a lot of people standing by to assist and we will have an extensive manual. Attached is Vol1 (there will be 5 manuals). This is VERY much an initial version and will get many many tweaks before and after release.

If anybody has any comment, do send it to Mathijs.Kok@aerosoft.com. If you like to help translating, please do. We intend to share this manual in 8 languages.

Vol1.pdf 3.28 MB · 107 downloads

I love quality documentation. Probably way more than I should.

This is quality documentation.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

Wow that's nice seeing Aerosoft and PMDG together in this thread, can you guys invite Jörg and Sebastian to this thread as well lol. 

Thank you guys for making this hobby strive and especially thank Matjias for his work on influencing and doing his best to make MSFS a success! Also we shouldn't forget Microsoft and Asobo for their work on the sim and their constant dialog with the community, something not so common but guess what, Jörg and other guys at Asobo managed to do so despite of the negativey of you know who lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As there are a lot of new simmers who have never used more complex add-ons and we understand they are worried about the complexity. But we have a lot of people standing by to assist and we will have an extensive manual. Attached is Vol1 (there will be 5 manuals). This is VERY much an initial version and will get many many tweaks before and after release.

If anybody has any comment, do send it to Mathijs.Kok@aerosoft.com. If you like to help translating, please do. We intend to share this manual in 8 languages.

Vol1.pdf 3.28 MB · 120 downloads

A late reply to this information, but thanks for sharing this! I’m going to start reading this now, and look forward to doing so. Thanks for posting this so we can get an early start reading this so we are ready when the CRJ comes out!

4 minutes ago, Surfwarrior said:

Hi all. Quick question. Will there eventually be a feature for the EFB where either charts software or web browser could be displayed? Would be amazing!

They said no for the moment.

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone,

I too have just registered to thank the team on their hard work. I've been a long time lurker on the forum and have finally given in and registered. :)

I absolutely love the communication from the developer and indeed, from other developers too as it turns out :P!!!

Mathijs and Robert, thank you both for your input. Just to let you know, my wallet is ready... just take my money PLEASEEEEE.

Oh and if you guys take some time off, for yourself and your loved ones, during this festive season I'm sure nobody with a heart will begrudge you. I can personally wait for the CRJ another month or two. With the year being what it is... what's a CRJ anyway? Right?? 

Stay safe and look after yourself. Lots of love and warm wishes to everyone, CaptainIz.

• Like 5
vor 27 Minuten, CaptainIz sagte:

Just to let you know, my wallet is ready... just take my money PLEASEEEEE.

I think that is all this covid year. Everybody has much more time than we would have in December in a normal year. Especially people like me that rejoined the fligh sim genre after the good old FSX days) it is really hard to wait until the CRJ or any other professional airliner comes out. So I dont have X-Plane or P3D and so i can do what many other simmers do - they stay for now on the "older" platforms. And for now the only aircraft available that gets in the right direction is the FlyByWire A320 but it's a rolling release and actually as a work in progress title not nearly perfect. 

I think thats the rease why so many were or are looking forward to see the CRJ around christmas. But yeah I can just repeat many others here. Pls take time for yourself and your families - it's christmas. We all waited now since MSFS release in August and we can still wait even longer for a quality add-on with which we all will have a lot of fun in the next years of flight simulation.

• Like 2

Just created an account to thank @Mathijs Kok and @rsrandazzo. You're both awesome! As someone whose returning to this hobby after many years away, I look forward to flying both of your aircraft in the future. Be sure to give my thanks to Asobo as well. And be sure to give yourselves and your devs a break. We can wait. 🙂 

Thanks!

Kameron

Had a read of the manual, really nicely done and thank you for sharing!

One thing I am more excited about than perhaps what I should be is the throttle calibration! There’s pages upon pages on the official forums of people trying to get detents to work properly in the A320 on the newish TM Quadrant and I didn’t have my hopes set too high moving forward but I’m glad there’s something in there. 

Something the base sim desperately needs! 

• Like 1

Mathijs, Robert, Fernando and all the other developers, who might read this thread,

You guys do great work! And I think your cooperation and camaraderie, as Fernando mentions it, makes it possible that there are so many products in totally different price categories so every FS pilot finds a product that matches his needs. Thank you for your work and dedication! Of course you don't do this for charity but to earn your money with it but IMO it's obvious that everyone benefits from each other and in the end we customers get great products. 

• Like 1

I read the manual as well, a question about throttle control - I am currently waiting for peripherals to be back in stock whenever that may be, at the moment I only have a gamepad at my disposal so I have been making the most of it for the moment. Will the crj throttles work without an axis? I currently have respective buttons to increase nd decrease the throttle based on how long the button is held, will this work in the aircraft? In relation to this, once I retard the thrust on touchdown, as long the reverse thrust is armed, will simply continuing to "pull back" or hold the button activate reverse thrust? 

I hope this isn't too much of an odd question, but I was eager to ask as I have had problems with this in the past, understandably. 

Also the level of detail in the manuals is greatly appreciated, cant wait to start learning the ins and outs of this bird, thanks for being so transparent with the work the team is doing and I'm really enjoying following the development of this project.

24 minutes ago, MJC said:

On behalf of Majestic Software, I agree entirely with Mathijs. It is so important to cooperate especially on a challenging subject of MSFS2020, because every addon that is available for any sim platform constitutes to the interest to flight simming in general, and indirectly benefits all the addon developers. And if we think how much the complexity of addons, especially aircraft addons, have increased since FS9 - I wouldn't be surprised if we soon consider sharing the knowledge on a regular basis in order to help each other. There is a lot in the addon development that is not aircraft specific and would benefit all. And if Microsoft/Asobo helps us all to get the interfaces we need for MSFS2020, we are looking at a major jump in the flight sim realism in the next few years

Let me tell you, I'm waiting for your Dash-8 Q400 *very* eagerly. We need a turboprop airliner just as much as we need a regional jet like the CRJ. I know it may take a while, but I hope you're managing to work with Asobo to get it into the sim without too much hassle. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

If it's released in the next week or so I know exactly where my first flight in the CRJ would be - it'll tie in with some other content if that timing works out.

If not I'll have to go back to the drawing board. Is there anywhere we can find out which liveries are going to available with this?

Of course I've seen Lufthansa Regional and Hop! but is there a complete list I may have missed somewhere?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BritishAvgeek said:

If it's released in the next week or so I know exactly where my first flight in the CRJ would be - it'll tie in with some other content if that timing works out.

If not I'll have to go back to the drawing board. Is there anywhere we can find out which liveries are going to available with this?

Of course I've seen Lufthansa Regional and Hop! but is there a complete list I may have missed somewhere?

I believe that they will be the same as in the P3D CRJ addon.

If you look up the product page you can see the entire list

vor 1 hour , BritishAvgeek sagte:

It wont come out before christmas since they still need asobo to support them with some stuff. It all depends on the next update on dec 22nd.

Liveries will be revealed soon according to mathijs

• Like 1

I am super hyped about this aircraft! Seeing this details in a simulator combined with the visuals. of MSFS, will be the next step for the Simulator imo! 

One question:

The FBW mod of the A320N allows to have ACARS communication, to get METARs and TAF in flight. Will there be a similar future use the cockpit printer to receive this information? The CRJ 900 is equipped with a cockpit printer. 

Thanks! 

• Upvote 1
vor 6 Minuten, EpicPrimus sagte:

One question:

The FBW mod of the A320N allows to have ACARS communication, to get METARs and TAF in flight. Will there be a similar future use the cockpit printer to receive this information? The CRJ 900 is equipped with a cockpit printer. 

You mean that a piece of paper will be simulated and come out from the printer? :D Would love to see it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Root Admin
20 minutes ago, EpicPrimus said:

I am super hyped about this aircraft! Seeing this details in a simulator combined with the visuals. of MSFS, will be the next step for the Simulator imo! 

One question:

Thanks! 

We'll have a look at that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Developer
19 minutes ago, EpicPrimus said:

One question:

Thanks! 

Not in the initial version. May be later. And I would prefer to do this once there's a way to use TCP or UDP communications in WASM (from inside the sandbox). I don't have any information about when and how network commucation will be available so far.

• Thanks 1