Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 12/12/2020 at 10:08 PM, DJJose said:

Pics look excellent! Will the HUD be collimated?

 

Thank you.

 

I also would like to know more about the HUD. On the 737 PMDG FSX addon, it was one of my favorite features.

 

How was it implemented on the AEROSOFT CRJ PRO on the P3D?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

  • Root Admin
2 hours ago, M4V3R1CK said:

 So this means the update has to be ready a few days before the 22nd of December. 

 

That's not how we see it. To make some things work we need some changes, some new things and a few bugs fixed. All these issues are well discussed with Asobo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Root Admin
1 hour ago, bendead said:

I also would like to know more about the HUD. On the 737 PMDG FSX addon, it was one of my favorite features.

How was it implemented on the AEROSOFT CRJ PRO on the P3D?

 

More or less the same as PMDG did it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!

 

Following the CRJ development very eagerly and will definitely buy it once it arrives! :) Anyways, a few questions and thoughts. Do you feel extra responsiblity of the sim in general especially working so close with Asobo and being the first "airliner"? I wouldnt be surprised if the CRJ will not only set expectations on the aircraft product, but also the sim itself, any thoughts about that? Do you think it may have an impact on other developers such as FSL, PMDG, Majestic, A2A and their development pace etc? Seeing how closely you work with Asobo and the SDK, are there anything in the SDK that you have access to that all these other devs dont?

 

It's interesting to read and follow what all the experienced FS devs are saying. Aerosoft stands out as being one of the more optimistic developers. 

 

Looking forward to release, whenever it may be :) 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 1 hour , Mathijs Kok sagte:

That's not how we see it. To make some things work we need some changes, some new things and a few bugs fixed. All these issues are well discussed with Asobo. 

Glad to hear :) Because that's what came up my mind when Joerg explained in the Q&A that they have to give the 3rd parties some time before a new patch gets rolled out ;) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Root Admin
22 minutes ago, clams said:

Hello!

 

Following the CRJ development very eagerly and will definitely buy it once it arrives! :) Anyways, a few questions and thoughts. Do you feel extra responsiblity of the sim in general especially working so close with Asobo and being the first "airliner"? I wouldnt be surprised if the CRJ will not only set expectations on the aircraft product, but also the sim itself, any thoughts about that? Do you think it may have an impact on other developers such as FSL, PMDG, Majestic, A2A and their development pace etc? Seeing how closely you work with Asobo and the SDK, are there anything in the SDK that you have access to that all these other devs dont

 

 

Not bad questions. 

 

Of course because we are publishing the boxed version of the simulator we were 'close to the fire' so to speak. But so was PMDG for example. They basically had the same acces as we have, just as many other companies like Carenado.  We are very good friends with PMDG and are discussing things with them often. I do not think there is anything we know that they do not know. But different companies have different ideas and act different. They also have different resources.  We have invested and are investing very serious sums in MFS, justa s we did (and do) for X-Plane. Promoting the platform is simply good for us. And if that means paying a full time support employee who ONLY does support for MFS (not our MFS add-ons but the sim itself) we simply do that. If you depended in P3D add-ons that simply did not sell well since July it is hard to invest so much. A lot of people seem to think that there is some secret deal we have with Asobo. But that's simply not the case. We are the most active probably but for instance I assisted Majestic to get the same level of access as we have just a week ago. 

Extra responsibility? No not really. We are were we are because we worked our behinds off. We are were we are because Digital Aviation and Aerosoft made very serious investments. 

 

And as I said a few times, there is a lot going on that people don't see.  Believe me, there is a lot of development being done. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Root Admin
3 hours ago, bendead said:

 

I also would like to know more about the HUD. On the 737 PMDG FSX addon, it was one of my favorite features.

How was it implemented on the AEROSOFT CRJ PRO on the P3D?

 

Coming back to this. I believe that what people actually mean is more a limited projector FOV issue. Collimation on a 2D screen is of course  a bit of a strange term as there is no actual dept of view. But MFS automatically does collimate HUD displays, just check the SDK (panel.cfg), it is now a standard feature of the sim. Not the way we had to invent most of it in 2004 with our F-16. I remember that was one of the hardest bits of code we ever has to do. 

 

Now how this will work when we get VR, where there is depth will be interesting. It will depend a lot on how the sim engine handles this.  Layers of transparent material are still not the strong point in this sim. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 7 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

We are the most active probably but for instance I assisted Majestic to get the same level of access as we have just a week ago. 

Wow thats really unexpected 😮 But damn great. I hope now finally the dash 8 development for MSFS will gain some drive. :) 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

Not bad questions. 

 

Of course because we are publishing the boxed version of the simulator we were 'close to the fire' so to speak. But so was PMDG for example. They basically had the same acces as we have, just as many other companies like Carenado.  We are very good friends with PMDG and are discussing things with them often. I do not think there is anything we know that they do not know. But different companies have different ideas and act different. They also have different resources.  We have invested and are investing very serious sums in MFS, justa s we did (and do) for X-Plane. Promoting the platform is simply good for us. And if that means paying a full time support employee who ONLY does support for MFS (not our MFS add-ons but the sim itself) we simply do that. If you depended in P3D add-ons that simply did not sell well since July it is hard to invest so much. A lot of people seem to think that there is some secret deal we have with Asobo. But that's simply not the case. We are the most active probably but for instance I assisted Majestic to get the same level of access as we have just a week ago. 

Extra responsibility? No not really. We are were we are because we worked our behinds off. We are were we are because Digital Aviation and Aerosoft made very serious investments. 

 

And as I said a few times, there is a lot going on that people don't see.  Believe me, there is a lot of development being done. 

 

Absolutely, hands down the best explanation I've heard.  But there is something else and I'm going to say it.

 

Mathijs, you always drastically under state your person role when communicating to the public, and you always use the term "we" instead of "I" because you are truly a team player and leader!

 

My friend, you've been leading the flight sim world from behind the curtains for many, many years and I for one wanted to say THANK YOU for all you've done for the flight sim world.   You really do define professionalism!

 

 

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Root Admin

As there are a lot of new simmers who have never used more complex add-ons and we understand they are worried about the complexity. But we have a lot of people standing by to assist and we will have an extensive manual. Attached is Vol1 (there will be 5 manuals). This is VERY much an initial version and will get many many tweaks before and after release.

 

If anybody has any comment, do send it to Mathijs.Kok@aerosoft.com. If you like to help translating, please do. We intend to share this manual in 8 languages.

 

 

Vol1.pdf

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As there are a lot of new simmers who have never used more complex add-ons and we understand they are worried about the complexity. But we have a lot of people standing by to assist and we will have an extensive manual. Attached is Vol1 (there will be 5 manuals). This is VERY much an initial version and will get many many tweaks before and after release.

 

If anybody has any comment, do send it to Mathijs.Kok@aerosoft.com. If you like to help translating, please do. We intend to share this manual in 8 languages.

 

 

Vol1.pdf 3.28 MB · 11 downloads

Few comments already; I’ll get to it tonight and go through the whole document.

 

Easy one to start: CRJ700 metric unit specifications on Page 9 should be reviewed; it bounces between metric and imperial. (In fact, the maximum range is in kilograms...?)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I assisted Majestic to get the same level of access as we have just a week ago. 

Oh wow, that's wonderful news. Majestics Q400 is such an excellent addon and I'm glad they're taking a look at MSFS

And thanks for the manual, it looks great. I'll definitely be reading through it in anticipation for the release 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Root Admin
Just now, ArcticMarkus said:

Oh wow, that's wonderful news. Majestics Q400 is such an excellent addon and I'm glad they're taking a look at MSFS

 

It is a killer add-on, we need it in MFS. Most of all because they choose their own solutions for problems.  Very populair in our offices.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As there are a lot of new simmers who have never used more complex add-ons and we understand they are worried about the complexity. But we have a lot of people standing by to assist and we will have an extensive manual. Attached is Vol1 (there will be 5 manuals). This is VERY much an initial version and will get many many tweaks before and after release.

 

If anybody has any comment, do send it to Mathijs.Kok@aerosoft.com. If you like to help translating, please do. We intend to share this manual in 8 languages.

 

 

Vol1.pdf 3.28 MB · 25 downloads

A quick note:  In the Introduction, page 3, CRJ 500 s/b CRJ 550.  The youngest model is the CRJ500 which is a modified version  . . . .

Regards,

Ray

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow i'm just reading the manual and it's great but a technical question came up while reading threw the instructions of the aircraft page in the EFB section. 

 

Until now we have to talk to ATC for ground services like baggage for example. How will this behave with the CRJ?

 

1) When I open the cargo hatches with the EFB will this activate the baggage service (so the baggage truck will come to the aircraft)?

2) When I call the baggage service at ATC, will the cargo hatches open automatically?

3) The CRJ has 2 cargo hatches (forward and after) - How does this work with the ground service of MSFS as they always only use 1 cargo hatch of an aircraft for baggage service (at least on the A320 - never tried with the 747 - but i think there is also only 1 baggage hatch open when the baggage service is active)

 

Thanks for the answer :D 

 

And one more thing: Where can I get the battery pack you use for the EFB. More than 100 % is amazing image.thumb.png.6173d9a43b62fb9673cba224307f4dc8.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Root Admin
4 minutes ago, Flyboy1 said:

A quick note:  In the Introduction, page 3, CRJ 500 s/b CRJ 550.  The youngest model is the CRJ500 which is a modified version  . . . .

Regards,

Ray

 

Please -> mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Root Admin
2 minutes ago, M4V3R1CK said:

Wow i'm just reading the manual and it's great but a technical question came up while reading threw the instructions of the aircraft page in the EFB section. 

 

Until now we have to talk to ATC for ground services like baggage for example. How will this behave with the CRJ?

 

1) When I open the cargo hatches with the EFB will this activate the baggage service (so the baggage truck will come to the aircraft)?

2) When I call the baggage service at ATC, will the cargo hatches open automatically?

3) The CRJ has 2 cargo hatches (forward and after) - How does this work with the ground service of MSFS as they always only use 1 cargo hatch of an aircraft for baggage service (at least on the A320 - never tried with the 747 - but i think there is also only 1 baggage hatch open when the baggage service is active)

 

Thanks for the answer :D 

 

As far as I know at this moment these functions are not yet available to add-on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, M4V3R1CK said:

Ok so no ground service so far - I can live with that for an initial release. Hopefully Asobo will make it possible soon. ;) 

There is a freeware addon which you can use for the jetway and pushback and I think the fuel truck after the latest update. Just search for Pushback Helper. Solved at least the issue with the pushback and the jetway for me.

 

Manuel

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...