• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

1 hour ago, simon747 said:

Yes, not too familiar how Flight Simulator spawns ai or static ai; it appears to use the models in the simulator.  It seems to use lighter versions of the default planes, at least the a320.   If there is a away to have a lighter one for the ai segment that would be great if possible.

I also notice that the level of detail on the models decreases as distance from the aircraft increases. Try using the drone cam and watching planes a few miles away on final approach; they get much “blockier” the further they are.

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, amahran said:

I also notice that the level of detail on the models decreases as distance from the aircraft increases. Try using the drone cam and watching planes a few miles away on final approach; they get much “blockier” the further they are.

That is the different LODs you are seeing, that just how video games/sims work to lighten the burden on your computer.. No reason to show tiny details in an object a 1000 meters away, so it shows a less and less detailed version of the object the further away you get from it ;)

• Like 1
  • Root Admin
24 minutes ago, Truelz said:

That is the different LODs you are seeing, that just how video games/sims work to lighten the burden on your computer.. No reason to show tiny details in an object a 1000 meters away, so it shows a less and less detailed version of the object the further away you get from it ;)

Yes and that makes good sense for moderately complex objects. It is a HUGE pain in the neck for a complex model like we do.  It means that after you done the high poly model you got to do 6 (or even 10) other models that are less and less complex. This can easily double the amount of time you need.  So from a 9 month project you go to a year and a half of work.  We are not totally convinced high end aircraft need this so we only did two LOD's.  There is so much to learn in MFS. 

• Like 1
vor 8 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

We are juggling our updates and updates from Aosobo (even late Saturday evening did we get new files from them!!) and somehow every fix seems to break a new thing.

Well that sounds familiar also to us consumers :D Asobo does a patch and then something else is no longer working :D 

But anyway thanks for your efforts and working even on weekends ;) You're the best!

I found this video of the textures of the VC; which looks very clear and a good improvement from how it looks in the P3D version as lighting is better in MSFS 2020.  Is this the final texturing minus the glass gauge reflection which has been said you guys are still working on?  Looks amazing here.

50 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sunday evening and I am about to shut down my office for the day (hey 20:20 in Sunday) but I like to  'tune' expectations.

Things are moving at a extremely rapid pace. Hans has been working the whole weekend (I think he did not have a free day in 10 weeks) and as I said before we got updates from Asobo yesterday evening late. I feel almost lazy sleeping till 09:30 today (but again, it is 20:24 now).  I  have managed over 300 FS addon releases but this is the one with the most pressure. This is also the one where EVERYBODY is on the same track. Aerosoft, Asosbo, Digital Aviation and Microsoft (in alphabetical order) are all trying to get this product done.  Never did we do a project where all these things lined up. 

But there are still some show stoppers that we feel should prevent a release. Some of them are our responsibility but we are pretty sure we can solve those.  Some others are out of our control. We always wanted a Christmas release. But you know how many Christmas days there are

I just want you, @Hans Hartmann and the rest of the team know how much I appreciate your work and that of the rest of the team. As someone who works similar hours (still working now on 9.30 on a Sunday, and I expect 2-3 hours longer), I know very well how hard it can be. I also massively appreciate the open communication that you've been holding up. It's great to see.

If it doesn't come for Christmas, that's fine. If it doesn't come by the end of the year, that's also fine. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. 

I mean, one of my most-anticipated games has been delayed to 2022 yesterday. Not 2021. 2022. 😂 And that's still fine. I think I can wait a few weeks longer for the CRJ haha. 

• Like 6
Vor 1 Stunde, Mathijs Kok sagte:

We always wanted a Christmas release.

Sorry for asking so stupid 😯 but the word "wanted" sounds not really optimistic. Does this mean that a christmas release in general is no longer possible or is there still a chance even if it's really small?

• Like 1

Hope you guys don't burn yourself out too much on this, I'm sure most of us have no issue waiting a few extra weeks, or even months. Though I understand that there are important financial deadlines that needs to be met as well.

Either way thanks a lot for entertaining us with new screenshots and information nearly every day, It's an absolute pleasure following this project 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
vor 3 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Sunday evening and I am about to shut down my office for the day (hey 20:20 in Sunday) but I like to  'tune' expectations.

Things are moving at a extremely rapid pace. Hans has been working the whole weekend (I think he did not have a free day in 10 weeks) and as I said before we got updates from Asobo yesterday evening late. I feel almost lazy sleeping till 09:30 today (but again, it is 20:24 now).  I  have managed over 300 FS addon releases but this is the one with the most pressure. This is also the one where EVERYBODY is on the same track. Aerosoft, Asosbo, Digital Aviation and Microsoft (in alphabetical order) are all trying to get this product done.  Never did we do a project where all these things lined up. 

But there are still some show stoppers that we feel should prevent a release. Some of them are our responsibility but we are pretty sure we can solve those.  Some others are out of our control. We always wanted a Christmas release. But you know how many Christmas days there are

I really want to give my respect for the whole team at Aerosoft and also Asobo for working this hard. I expect that there are business reason behind releasing the product before christmas, but I have no problem with waiting. In the end your well being is more important and if you guys get burned out now, we will miss more products in the future. So please also keep a look out for yourself.

But again, thank you for all the hard work! Its business but also passion and we need more appreciation these days for people who give their best.

And Mathijs, try the Gustavo pizza - its soo good. Had one on the Fly and see santa event at vatsim ;) 

PS: new coffee machine is on the way, for all the morning legs that will come with your beauty

• Like 2

So excited! I’m definitely flying the United livery and American eagle livery if that’s what we are getting. Flying out of KORD in this plane with one of the two liveries will be such an enjoyable thing to do this winter for me. I look forward to this plane so much and can’t wait for the day I can fly this. The liveries are exactly what I want to use and seeing this plane with them on, makes me even more excited!

good luck on more testing and can’t wait for the day we can buy this plane.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Root Admin
12 hours ago, M4V3R1CK said:

Sorry for asking so stupid 😯 but the word "wanted" sounds not really optimistic. Does this mean that a christmas release in general is no longer possible or is there still a chance even if it's really small?

Not stupid, I understand the comment. But that was not what was intended. We honestly do not know when we can release because not everything is in our hands. The next update for MFS needs to solve issues we simply can't work around.  A lot depends on that. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Not stupid, I understand the comment. But that was not what was intended. We honestly do not know when we can release because not everything is in our hands. The next update for MFS needs to solve issues we simply can't work around.  A lot depends on that. 

I was also wondering the same thing. Thank you for your clarification Mathijs. Keep up the good work! 

• Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The next patch will focus on the airliner experience, so it certainly makes sense that the release of an airliner will be massively influenced by it. 

• Like 1
vor 55 Minuten, Abriael sagte:

The next patch will focus on the airliner experience, so it certainly makes sense that the release of an airliner will be massively influenced by it. 

Thats true but i'm a bit worried due to the fact that Microsoft switched to a monthly update cycle to allow 3rd parties to test and adjust their add-ons. So this means the update has to be ready a few days before the 22nd of December. So all companies that are working passivly on the CRJ (Asobo, Microsoft, ...) have only a few days left to get everything needed for the CRJ to work and well i don't know when the deadline day at Asobo Studios for Sim Update 2 is but it must be way before the 22nd.😕   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Even if this means that the date will be postponed again. Besides, as far as I can see, there was and still is no real date or announcement. Accordingly, nothing can be moved. Anyway, in the end we all want a product that works. Even if we, including me, can hardly wait to fly this plane extensively, we should still be patient. I think the message got through to the Aerosoft team that we are all very excited.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, OlRo said:

Even if this means that the date will be postponed again. Besides, as far as I can see, there was and still is no real date or announcement. Accordingly, nothing can be moved. Anyway, in the end we all want a product that works. Even if we, including me, can hardly wait to fly this plane extensively, we should still be patient. I think the message got through to the Aerosoft team that we are all very excited.

I agree. I would be perfectly happy with a sound clip or video if the CRJ for christmas! 

• Like 1