• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

• Root Admin
On 12/10/2020 at 9:08 PM, The Dude said:

I flew the CR1/2/7/9 once upon a time. Let's just say that Hans did not do me a favour by making me fly the EW livery ;)

Frank is underplaying his influence. He flown the real and our versions of the CRJ for many many hours and he is a good friend of Aerosoft.  His comments shape the products to a great degree.

• Upvote 2
  • Root Admin
9 hours ago, zenit_swe said:

Should we interpret this as "the autopilot still needs work"?

Sure. That is one of the areas that will stay in development until release and probably long after. We currently have some mild undulations that needs to be flattened but right now the systems in the CRJ are way beyond anything of the default aircraft. That is why this will cost money. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Root Admin

About performance... Hans already comment on this, but I feel the need to do so as well.

• Our modeling is seriously top end. Stefan knows his tools and I dare to say he knows the graphics engine as well as most people as Asobo. He has 15 years of experience.
  • The systems are done in C++ and the sim converts that into the code it understands. Now none of aircraft included in the sim uses that. I believe the CRJ will be the first (correct me if I am wrong). But Asobo did a great job. The code runs, it runs fast. The amount of code used is NOT a limit on the sim right now.

So, that explains why we feel the performance is simply good. 

• Like 8
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Some touch and goes in Santa Barbara. Not the place you would see EW CRJs but as already said Hans forced me to fly this livery. Check out the reflection on the wing in the last picture.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 13
1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, 5 manuals. Ane updated as we understand better what users need. We will also have very actively supported forums.

Glad to hear! I was about to ask where I should look for reading materials so I can prepare for when the CRJ comes out but looks like those materials will come with its release.

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

Some touch and goes in Santa Barbara. Not the place you would see EW CRJs but as already said Hans forced me to fly this livery. Check out the reflection on the wing in the last picture.

[...] 

Looks beautiful! Those reflections though!

Question for @Mathijs Kok will this aircraft be able to fly holding patterns on AP?

• Deputy Sheriffs
16 hours ago, zenit_swe said:

Should we interpret this as "the autopilot still needs work"?

No! It simply means the aircraft is much more challenging and fun to fly well by hand than by pushing buttons on the autopilot. Many experienced pilots/simmers (i.e., Mathijs) call this a "real airplane" or a "man's (woman's) airplane" for that reason. Also, some consider that hand-flying separates the simmers from the gamers. Nothing wrong with either, it's just what one prefers. We need and welcome both in this hobby.

As noted elsewhere in this thread, while the autopilot will be subject to improvement over time, so will much of the CRJ. As experience and feedback, as well as improvements in the SDK, are received, AS will continuously improve the product.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, generale84 said:

is possible (if someone don't make the question till now) to know with what livery the CRJ will be relese?

A quick search for "liveries" in "This Topic" ( 😉 ) shows this reply: Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ (for MSFS) - Page 4 - Product Previews - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES . Here's what the product page for the P3D version shows

• Upvote 2
7 hours ago, Herman said:

It simply means the aircraft is much more challenging and fun to fly well by hand than by pushing buttons on the autopilot.

That sounds fun! Would you say this bird is more challenging than other jets like the CJ4 and the Longitude? And if so, why is that?

12 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, 5 manuals.

Lovely! This addon sounds like the one that will take this sim to the next level.

You guys really stand out, not only in terms of technical achievement but in the way you talk about this project as well. It makes the impression that you're driven by passion rather than profit.

20 hours ago, Rico10 said:

sounds like a CPU bottle neck running it at 1080.  

Well... not sure, my 10700k stays at 12 to 25%...  something interesting is that the vram gets about 7700mb... but i don’t think its the case.

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As MFS does not have nice replay options yet, a lot of the video work requires a second pilot flying the aircraft while a the video maker flies a second aircraft. That leads to some nice images... Also shows the aircraft flies okay as formation flying requires a very predictable flight model.

Kinda extra realistic in that regard :P requiring another aircraft to take photos of the first aircraft.

Wow, the pictures are just magnificent. It's great to see that the non-programming tasks like testing and taking pictures/videos are already in progress. But no i think for many here in the forum is one question comming up and I hope you can answer this at this stage because there are not so many days left :) 

Is a release for christmas or even before realistic or is the end of the year the target? 

Just for planning christmas presents ;) 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
21 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, 5 manuals. Ane updated as we understand better what users need. We will also have very actively supported forums.

Hi Mathijs,

Will the manuals be available if we purchase through MS Marketplace? If not, will there be a way to download them separately?

Regards,

Jonathan

vor 10 Minuten, JEP795 sagte:

Will the manuals be available if we purchase through MS Marketplace? If not, will there be a way to download them separately?

I think it wont matter where you buy the CRJ. The manuals are just files (.pdf i guess) and will be installed with all other CRJ files. I think you just have to search it then in the MSFS folder ;)

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, JEP795 said:

Hi Mathijs,

Regards,

Jonathan

Well, that is a good question as there is no defined way to show manuals via the store. It's something we discussed with Microsoft but did not come to a conclusion.

Let me be perfectly clear, the manuals are part of the project you paid for. So no matter where you buy it we'll make sure you get them. That's a promise.

• Like 2