Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

I would say the same as the A320NEO at the moment. I have my frames locked at 30 and it never drops below it. This is with an 9900k @5.0 and the 3080 in 4k mind you.

do you mean the a320 neo or the fly by wire mod?

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 hours ago, Barnes said:

Hi Frank,

Do you mind if I ask if you are comparing it to the stock A320 or the FBW version?

8 hours ago, FHSim said:

do you mean the a320 neo or the fly by wire mod?

I meant the FBW version. I just did a quick and dirty comparision with both aircraft at stand C4 in EDDK from AS. The FBW and the CRJ are both showing more or less the same FPS. This in itself does not say anything ofcourse. I flew with both aircraft from AS EDDK to AS LEIB and it was a smooth, stutter free, experience.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I meant the FBW version. I just did a quick and dirty comparision with both aircraft at stand C4 in EDDK from AS. The FBW and the CRJ are both showing more or less the same FPS. This in itself does not say anything ofcourse. I flew with both aircraft from AS EDDK to AS LEIB and it was a smooth, stutter free, experience.

Thanks!

Oooh ok... my fear is the optimisation. as the FBW mod (CURRENTLY) when i look forward the fps drop is huge(comparing the FBW to the default, the fbw is about 40fps and the default is about 60 at KATL) and my 3070 gets about only 60% at the FBW mod (1080p ultra/high settings). So i'm wondering if the CRJ will be this way... or the systems will be optimised. 

Я немного поработал с Джероном, видео-парнем из AS, чтобы получить несколько хороших видеоматериалов. (то, что он делает с ним-это другое дело ;)) AS CRJ-это настоящая радость для handfly!

[...]  

super I'll put this screenshot on the desktop waiting for the  CRJ   in the simulator    

vor 3 Stunden , The Dude sagte:

Did some air to air work with Jeroen, the video guy at AS, to get some nice video footage. (what he does with it is another thing ;) ) The AS CRJ is a real joy to handfly!  

Awesome picture :) And i'm really looking forward to fly this plane by hand myself :D

vor 1 hour , FHSim sagte:

Oooh ok... my fear is the optimisation. as the FBW mod (CURRENTLY) when i look forward the fps drop is huge(comparing the FBW to the default, the fbw is about 40fps and the default is about 60 at KATL) and my 3070 gets about only 60% at the FBW mod (1080p ultra/high settings). So i'm wondering if the CRJ will be this way... or the systems will be optimised. 

Well FBW is aware of the perfomance topic and they are already working on improvements. But you can't compare the A32NX project with the CRJ. The more developers are working on a project the more complicated it gets. As the FBW mod is open source and everybody can contribute on github, it is really hard to coordinate things that have an impact on performace because everybody creates some code and in the end it will be merged to what we see in the FWB releases. 

I guess Mathijs also mentioned that the perfomance is nothing they worry about at the moment so let's hope the best :) 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, M4V3R1CK said:

Well FBW is aware of the perfomance topic and they are already working on improvements. But you can't compare the A32NX project with the CRJ. The more developers are working on a project the more complicated it gets. As the FBW mod is open source and everybody can contribute on github, it is really hard to coordinate things that have an impact on performace because everybody creates some code and in the end it will be merged to what we see in the FWB releases. 

I guess Mathijs also mentioned that the perfomance is nothing they worry about at the moment so let's hope the best :) 

Yah i thought that the CRJ has been made entirely by aerosoft and has one "compiled version"... at the FBW A32NX, it has the MOD and the compiled codes from Asobo... I guess that this is it the difference... right? I hope i get this plane flying in my SIM before the year ends haha 

vor 22 Minuten, FHSim sagte:

Yah i thought that the CRJ has been made entirely by aerosoft and has one "compiled version"... at the FBW A32NX, it has the MOD and the compiled codes from Asobo... I guess that this is it the difference... right?

Yeah thats also a fact to consider but also many 3rd party GA planes use the Asobo code and only modify them for their needs (thats btw the reason why some of them were broken after last Asobo patch). But yes the CRJ comes with its own code and i think it will perform well like always with Aerosoft :D

• Like 1

• Developer
48 minutes ago, M4V3R1CK said:

But yes the CRJ comes with its own code and i think it will perform well like always with Aerosoft

I received a very positive comment from a person at Asobo who did some performance testing with the CRJ. Everything is very close to the Citation Longitude. The possible downside: I've never flown that, so I don't know if it's one of the better default aircraft performance-wise.

There's still a lot of debugging code in the CRJ. Although the impact of that is less than you might think (it's often used as a lame excuse :D ).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

I received a very positive comment from a person at Asobo who did some performance testing with the CRJ. Everything is very close to the Citation Longitude. The possible downside: I've never flown that, so I don't know if it's one of the better default aircraft performance-wise.

There's still a lot of debugging code in the CRJ. Although the impact of that is less than you might think (it's often used as a lame excuse :D ).

Thats a very good sign then!

• Like 1

vor 18 Minuten, NHAviator99 sagte:

Thats a very good sign then!

Indeed because I think Asobo compared the CRJ with the default Cessna Citation Longitude and if a high complex airliner has the same impact on performance as a simple non complex business jet than we can congratulate Hans for his great job and maybe Asobo should think about reworking the code of their standard aircrafts :D 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

The longitude is very good performance-wise.

It's also pretty buggy, but I don't think they meant that 😂

5 hours ago, FHSim said:

sounds like a CPU bottle neck running it at 1080.  

• Root Admin
On 12/9/2020 at 9:00 PM, zenit_swe said:

So, there will be some nice and comprehensive documentation in this package? I loved the documentation that came with the A320 for FSX.

Yes, 5 manuals. Ane updated as we understand better what users need. We will also have very actively supported forums.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Root Admin
On 12/10/2020 at 3:51 AM, kendry19 said:

I have a quick question about Navdata. For those of us with a Navigraph subscription -- will we be able to use that Navdata with the CRJ? Like can we directly install and update the CRJ's navdata with Navigraph FMS tool?

Yes. 

MIght take a a few days though.  We will deliver the full, and fully up to date, Lufthansa Systems database for free, so you will not have a big need to update the aircraft in that aspect.

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We will deliver the full, and fully up to date, Lufthansa Systems database for free, so you will not have a big need to update the aircraft in that aspect.

When you say that do you mean that you're going to provide a rolling data set that updetes every airac or just the active airac on release?