3 minutes ago, Fynus said:

Well isnt it the best part, when buying a new aircraft, to start the sim without reading anything just to search for switches for a ridicoulus amount of time and wondering what the hell is going on? Or is it just me...^^

I think you may be the only one...to admit it.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

First beta flight for me this morning. It handles like a dream when flying it manual, so much better than P3D! Just this one for now:

[...]

Whats better than a morning flight with a rising sun? Maybe seeing the crj in store? I am really excited!

Also one question: Is the icing model the same as the default aircrafts? I find the default icing model to be exaggerated, but I dont think Aerosoft is the solution here.

• Developer
7 hours ago, kendry19 said:

I have a quick question about Navdata. For those of us with a Navigraph subscription -- will we be able to use that Navdata with the CRJ? Like can we directly install and update the CRJ's navdata with Navigraph FMS tool?

Yes, you can use NavDataPro as well as Navigraph.

• Thanks 4
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

First beta flight for me this morning. It handles like a dream when flying it manual, so much better than P3D! Just this one for now:

[...]

Wow what an amazing picture. That means ure a real crj pilot too ;) What airline do u fly for?

• Developer
1 minute ago, Robert Xones said:

Wow what an amazing picture. That means ure a real crj pilot too ;) What airline do u fly for?

He keeps telling us that he's a real pilot that flies toy aircraft (Airbus, not CRJ anymore :D ) for a real airline. We still don't believe him after many years :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
vor 2 Minuten, Hans Hartmann sagte:

He keeps telling us that he's a real pilot that flies toy aircraft (Airbus, not CRJ anymore :D ) for a real airline. We still don't believe him after many years :D

haha, theres probably some reason why he cant tell. But if he was on a crj and now is a an airbus that smells heavily like lufthansa, scandinavian, Iberia as far as europe goes

vor 15 Minuten, Der Merowinger sagte:

[...] hopefully the start for developing more sophisticated airplanes [...]

I hope so too. With the much larger userbase in MSFS more aircrafts will come. I still hope that also the X-Plane add-on developer with come over and we will have a Flight Factor 767 in the same sim as the PMDG 737 :D Would be a dream :D Until the SDK is ready for more comlex stuff, there wont change much but maybe in one year also companies like Flight Factor will move over to the new sim.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Jeremy Walcott said:

Not sure why my comment would get a downvote. Looks like someone doesn't have a sense of humor. Anyway I am beyond excited for this bird.

Sometimes, humour does not translate well in other languages. 

• Upvote 1
  • CRJ Forum Moderator
On 12/9/2020 at 5:09 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Try the default navdata of MFS, it is up to date and contains more data the Navigraph as far as we know. I do not fully understand why an external paid navdata set makes sense at this moment.  I say _this_ moment as we are unable to access the build in data of MFS right now and will deliver an up to data Lufthansa Data Systems data set with the CRJ. We rather would not, but we have no option at this moment.

The default nav data may be good in Europe, I don’t fly there much, so really can’t say for sure. But in the US, the default data is awful. Many procedures are missing entirely, and many more which are years and years out of date.

The larger international US airports appear to have default procedural data that is relatively recent and complete. It is the smaller regional and local airports that are often affected.

You know me from the beta testing of the P3D version of the CRJ, and most of my test flights are between my home airport of KELM and KDTW. With MSFS default nav data, all the RNAV approaches at KELM are completely missing, and the ILS 24 is also absent. The one ILS that exists, ILS 06, still contains waypoint names that were retired in 2014 and which no longer exist in the national airspace of the US or any other country. All approaches at KASH, (Nashua, New Hampshire), are missing entirely in the default MSFS data. I know at least 10 other US airports which I have flown to since MSFS came out that either have missing procedures, or obsolete procedures.

All of these issues are corrected with default MSFS aircraft when using the beta Navigraph replacement core nav data.

There has been no improvement despite the fact that the default data is now being updated each month when a new AIRAC cycle is released.

I know there will be MSFS users who do not want to pay for add-on nav data, and I can’t argue with that, since Microsoft has promised free, regularly updated nav data as a core part of the sim - but their partner in that endeavor has massive problems with the existing data in the US.

For that reason, I hope the CRJ FMS in MSFS will always have the option to use dedicated AIRAC data from Aerosoft’s own Lufthansa-based NavDataPro, or Navigraph’s Jeppesen-based AIRAC service just as it currently does in FSX and P3D

• Upvote 3
33 minutes ago, JRBarrett said:

For that reason, I hope the CRJ FMS in MSFS will always have the option to use dedicated AIRAC data from Aerosoft’s own Lufthansa-based NavDataPro, or Navigraph’s Jeppesen-based AIRAC service just as it currently does in FSX and P3D

For what I understand there is no need for specific support, you will always use whatever database you have installed, am I wrong? 

• CRJ Forum Moderator
2 minutes ago, P_R_S said:

For what I understand there is no need for specific support, you will always use whatever database you have installed, am I wrong? 

It has always been that way in the P3D version. As Mathijs mentioned, it will come with a Lufthansa database, so I would assume the Navigraph database can be used as well, as long as it is in the same format. 

Hi!  First post here...

I've discovered that I have some excess money burning a hole in my pocket, and I think the best way to do it would be by putting a CRJ in my FS2020 hanger...

Anyone here might know when I may be able to do that?

KevyKevTPA

PP, ASEL, IA

Well Aerosoft hasnt published a release date yet. So the only information we have now is that they are working on a release in Dezember but it depends a bit on Asobo and the development of the sim itself. But the good news is that the beta-group started to test the CRJ. Thats a good sign! :D So stay tuned until there will be a big announcement on the Aerosoft website.

22 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Damned good questions today....

For a new simmer, just bought MFS, I would say that you need at least 20 hours in the default aircraft to make a smooth transition to this jmore complex aircraft. I would not say that being able to fly any of the airliners in the sim would really help. They got loads of non realistic aspects that might confuse you. It might be better got go from one of the twins in the sim to the CRJ.

Most important of all. Buy the aircraft and start reading. If you are not experienced, there is no way you will be able to fly this any way close to realistic.  Pilots who start on a new aircraft do not start in the cockpit they start with the manuals. You need to understand the systems, the principles, the design ideas.  When you got some idea on those, when you see something happening in the aircraft you will probably understand why it does that. Why it does make that sound, why it does make that turn.  Doing it the other way around (fly and then read) means you will be surprised and will be experimenting, not understanding. Pearls for the swine of course because if you are anything like me, you will buy, install and load the aircraft and be frustrated the engines does not start. 

Ideally?

Fly the default MFS aircraft, read the CRJ manuals, print the step by step guide and schedule some serious time for your first flight. Take things seriously slow, really point by point. I use a pencil to mark of items I completed.  And I am never afraid to go back a few steps.

Now if anything does not work as you expect, go to our forum and ask. It could be we need to make the step by step manual more clear or it might be you ran into an issue we have not seen before. 

Would it be possible to give us a preview of the documentation so we can do as you suggest and be ready to fly when released?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Deputy Sheriffs
4 minutes ago, FHSim said:

how is the performance on this model?

I would say the same as the A320NEO at the moment. I have my frames locked at 30 and it never drops below it. This is with an 9900k @5.0 and the 3080 in 4k mind you.

• Like 2
  • Deputy Sheriffs
9 hours ago, Robert Xones said:

That means ure a real crj pilot too ;) What airline do u fly for?

I flew the CR1/2/7/9 once upon a time. Let's just say that Hans did not do me a favour by making me fly the EW livery ;)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
3 hours ago, The Dude said:

I would say the same as the A320NEO at the moment. I have my frames locked at 30 and it never drops below it. This is with an 9900k @5.0 and the 3080 in 4k mind you.

Hi Frank,

Do you mind if I ask if you are comparing it to the stock A320 or the FBW version?

• Upvote 1