• Root Admin
9 minutes ago, Jeremy Walcott said:

@Mathijs Kok OMG stop the torture now 

Nope. Here are some images of the displays we have not shown yet (sorry for the sloppy pictures, had a bit of a fight with my MFS today, it won).

Some things might still change but all you see here should simply behave as it does on the real aircraft. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

• Root Admin
43 minutes ago, WinterHuntsman said:

Like many here I’m really excited about the CRJ, and I have even said that multiple times over the week! MSFS is my first flight simulator but I already love it and will be investing so much time and money into it. Seeing how the CRJ looks has made me amazed by what aerosoft is capable of and makes me even more excited to see what you guys are able to do in the years to come! 

You have no idea how pleasant that is for us to read. New users will revitalize the hobby and everybody in this hobby can use that.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • CRJ Forum Moderator
30 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Here are some images of the displays we have not shown yet

Nice work with the rounded edges of the old display tubes (CRT). The curve on the text and displays is a nice touch! (like at the top of the hydraulic synoptic screen) 

vor 37 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

You have no idea how pleasant that is for us to read. New users will revitalize the hobby and everybody in this hobby can use that.

Yep the more users (and customers) a sim has the more development is possible. So maybe MSFS allows the development of new stuff like an Aerosoft A340? :D

• Upvote 1

I suppose this is a pretty important question to ask: newcomers to this hobby will have varying levels of experience. I know one friend personally who wants this CRJ, but at the same time only 2 months ago I took the time to explain how IFR navigation is done, and prior to MSFS he’s never flown any sim, or had any interest in flight.

My question is: what’s the bare minimum level of experience you’re targeting with the documentation for brand new simmers? Knowledge of IFR basics? Knowledge of basic flight physics? At the very minimum having the knowledge-base to pass PPL Ground School? 

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Nope. Here are some images of the displays we have not shown yet (sorry for the sloppy pictures, had a bit of a fight with my MFS today, it won).

Some things might still change but all you see here should simply behave as it does on the real aircraft. 

[...]

I love the rounded displays and reflections... its amazing how just that can change the whole experience. Everything looks crisp and great, just like the real thing!

(SUPER EXCITED - INSTA BUY!)

vor 37 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Most important of all. Buy the aircraft and start reading. If you are not experienced, there is no way you will be able to fly this any way close to realistic.  Pilots who start on a new aircraft do not start in the cockpit they start with the manuals. You need to understand the systems, the principles, the design ideas.  When you got some idea on those, when you see something happening in the aircraft you will probably understand why it does that. Why it does make that sound, why it does make that turn.  Doing it the other way around (fly and then read) means you will be surprised and will be experimenting, not understanding. Pearls for the swine of course because if you are anything like me, you will buy, install and load the aircraft and be frustrated the engines does not start. 

Ideally?

Fly the default MFS aircraft, read the CRJ manuals, print the step by step guide and schedule some serious time for your first flight. Take things seriously slow, really point by point. I use a pencil to mark of items I completed.  And I am never afraid to go back a few steps.

Now if anything does not work as you expect, go to our forum and ask. It could be we need to make the step by step manual more clear or it might be you ran into an issue we have not seen before. 

Yep that should always be the approach when you buy a new aircraft. Read the documentation that comes with it and when you still have problems with the procedures you have also the possibility to watch some tutorial videos on Youtube. For the CRJ it's easy to find some because it was released earlier for P3D and there is even the first generation of the CRJ for X-Plane but well if you watch videos in advance as an preparation you should refer to the P3D CRJ because this is more or less what you will get later on in MSFS.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Damned good questions today....

For a new simmer, just bought MFS, I would say that you need at least 20 hours in the default aircraft to make a smooth transition to this jmore complex aircraft. I would not say that being able to fly any of the airliners in the sim would really help. They got loads of non realistic aspects that might confuse you. It might be better got go from one of the twins in the sim to the CRJ.

Most important of all. Buy the aircraft and start reading. If you are not experienced, there is no way you will be able to fly this any way close to realistic.  Pilots who start on a new aircraft do not start in the cockpit they start with the manuals. You need to understand the systems, the principles, the design ideas.  When you got some idea on those, when you see something happening in the aircraft you will probably understand why it does that. Why it does make that sound, why it does make that turn.  Doing it the other way around (fly and then read) means you will be surprised and will be experimenting, not understanding. Pearls for the swine of course because if you are anything like me, you will buy, install and load the aircraft and be frustrated the engines does not start. 

Ideally?

Fly the default MFS aircraft, read the CRJ manuals, print the step by step guide and schedule some serious time for your first flight. Take things seriously slow, really point by point. I use a pencil to mark of items I completed.  And I am never afraid to go back a few steps.

Now if anything does not work as you expect, go to our forum and ask. It could be we need to make the step by step manual more clear or it might be you ran into an issue we have not seen before. 

I absolutely hate reading, but i’m actually excited to learn about the systems and master this plane because for me, flying for fun isn’t fun. I don’t like taking off after pressing 3 buttons then turning on Autopilot and not doing anything until approach. I like hands-on aircraft, which is why I flew the Rotate MD80 back in X-Plane, and I hope the Aerosoft CRJ will feel similar. I know there’s a lot of manual control with this bird.

I’m going to follow real-world procedures and not skimp out on anything. Planning, charts, etc. here I come! True flight simming at its finest, with a beautiful graphics engine provided by MSFS.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

For a new simmer, just bought MFS, I would say that you need at least 20 hours in the default aircraft to make a smooth transition to this jmore complex aircraft. I would not say that being able to fly any of the airliners in the sim would really help. They got loads of non realistic aspects that might confuse you. It might be better got go from one of the twins in the sim to the CRJ.

Ideally?

So, there will be some nice and comprehensive documentation in this package? I loved the documentation that came with the A320 for FSX.

58 minutes ago, Wuper said:

I absolutely hate reading.....

I'm just the opposite.  I love a good manual.  I think that's why I enjoy piloting the Space Shuttle in Orbiter Space Flight Simulator.  You can delve into the actual NASA manuals, and then tack on unlimited reading about the shuttle's orbital rendezvous procedures.  It's a fun way to nerd out on a topic.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Glad to  hear that and glad to be apart of the community of flight simmers now. Wish I knew how enjoyable I would find it sooner, but I’m glad to be hear now!
Also really like your post on what us new flight simmers should do to prepare for the CRJ. Going to start reading up on the plane tonight and doing my homework so I can make sure my first flight in the CRJ is a great one. I just need to figure out where do find the reading material.

Thanks again for all the work you guys have done and will continue to do!

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It’s not easy. When I first purchased the CRJ for FSX I barely had any experience with airliners. Every flight I had to skim through the 90 page or so explanation on how to fly the bird. Trust me, it will get frustrating. You will be frustrated and stressed when things get in a rush. But after you understand, it all gets very simple. Just really try to learn the aircraft and don’t get discouraged and it will be worth it. I promise.

Yes 100% agree :) But if you already know a bit of airliners like many people do now thanks to the FlyByWire A320 mod than you already have a basic knowledge how a plane works. So for example you need fuel and power to start your engines. So you will activate your fuel pumps and activate the APU. Once it's available you start the engines and enable the fuel flow. Thats allways the same in every airliner :D And yeah for the plane specific features and more complex systems the only way to learn that is reading the manual or watching tutorials. 

14 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Try the default navdata of MFS, it is up to date and contains more data the Navigraph as far as we know. I do not fully understand why an external paid navdata set makes sense at this moment.  I say _this_ moment as we are unable to access the build in data of MFS right now and will deliver an up to data Lufthansa Data Systems data set with the CRJ. We rather would not, but we have no option at this moment.

Just thought I would follow up. I did use the default NAV data and the flight was spot on. So my issue with the misalignment was due to the Navigraph Beta. Hopefully this will help others as well.

• Thanks 1

I have a quick question about Navdata. For those of us with a Navigraph subscription -- will we be able to use that Navdata with the CRJ? Like can we directly install and update the CRJ's navdata with Navigraph FMS tool?

5 hours ago, kendry19 said:

I have a quick question about Navdata. For those of us with a Navigraph subscription -- will we be able to use that Navdata with the CRJ? Like can we directly install and update the CRJ's navdata with Navigraph FMS tool?

I would sincerely hope so. I rarely use the MSFS flight planner for anything other than VFR jaunts. It doesn't cope with Simbrief plans well as far as precision goes. I mean...it will take a Simbrief plan and get you from the right A to the right B most of the time, but don't expect C to be there all the time...or in the right place.

vor 13 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Ideally?

Well isnt it the best part, when buying a new aircraft, to start the sim without reading anything just to search for switches for a ridicoulus amount of time and wondering what the hell is going on? Or is it just me...^^

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1