Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

vor 2 Minuten, Chris Torres sagte:

Landing physics seems off.. the nose wants to go up upon landing.

I didn’t watch the video, so I don’t know exactly what you mean. But it is perfectly normal that the CRJ, as all planes with tail mounted engines(they are higher than the center of gravity), has a pitch up moment when decreasing thrust (exactly the opposite from engine mounted planes). So it’s crucial to not flare too early because then the plane will pitch up and hit the runway quite hard. The height to flare a CRJ is 20-30 feet. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Chris Torres said:

I'm not trying to be mean, I used to watch Squirrel lots when he started on ETS2, but that wasn't exactly a stable approach and landing and probably nowhere near configured in terms of trim etc so I wouldn't read much into it

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, FilbertFlies said:

and finally, I saw someone asking about how to import SimBrief plans into the FMC quite a few pages back. I've done a really quick tutorial on that too. This was the first video I made, when the other two seemed like an insurmountable amount of work! 

Awesome, that'll be super handy for both myself and a lot of others here. Very comprehensive as always.

17 minutes ago, Chris Torres said:

That's real life behaviour if you are coming in a little fast. It's explained in the manual vol. 1 i believe.

edit: from the manual:

In flare, level pitch will not cause a nose gear first touchdown as it is shorter than the main gear. The low wing has a significant ground effect and the CRJ tends to float forever if you come in just a bit too fast for the landing weight. You need to set down the nose gear gently and pay specific attention when you use reverse thrust immediately after ground contact

• Like 2

vor 1 minute, EasternT3 sagte:

I'm not trying to be mean, I used to watch Squirrel lots when he started on ETS2, but that wasn't exactly a stable approach and landing and probably nowhere near configured in terms of trim etc so I wouldn't read much into it

Yeah, I feel the same. His videos are not bad. But to be honest he doesn’t seem to be an expert in aviation and proper flying. He is more on the entertaining casual side, than on the hardcore simmer side. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, F said:

Yeah, I feel the same. His videos are not bad. But to be honest he doesn’t seem to be an expert in aviation and proper flying. He is more on the entertaining casual side, than on the hardcore simmer side. 

he actually holds a private pilots license i believe, but hsi take on simming is not the best, and probably not the greatest to showcase a product that he has no knowledge of

3 minutes ago, F said:

Well he has a PPL so I feel he must know something about proper flying.

vor 2 Minuten, Jannis D. sagte:

Sadly no SimBrief uplink :(

I don't know for sure but I guess this is a limitation associated with WASM. It'll allow for complex, opmtimized code enabling highly detailed system, but it is an isolated sandbox. No reaching out from this code to the outside. I am quite confident that if this is changed, such functionality might be added pretty quickly - but for now only less detailed aircraft (it is counter-intuitive, I agree) will have such features

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Awemeter said:

image.thumb.png.3ca7589bfc8619519088637a0471f911.pngJust landed at EDLP to bang on aerosoft windows until the crj is released

And then they tell you it's released and you'll notice you are not at home and can't fly it because you need to go home first :P

• Upvote 3

vor 1 minute, SpeedbirdSimulation sagte:

he actually holds a private pilots license i believe, but hsi take on simming is not the best, and probably not the greatest to showcase a product that he has no knowledge of

Thanks for clarification, I really didn’t know that and I didn’t want to talk bad in any way about him. 
when watching his videos I just got the feeling that he’s not really taking it that seriously 

7 minutes ago, Razalom said:

Well he has a PPL so I feel he must know something about proper flying.

I'm not bashing, like I said I like watching Squirrel on truck sims but I have a PPL, my dad has his ATPL and was captain on a CRJ equivalent, squirrel may have a PPL and know about flying but if you watch his landing specifically the last 5-10 seconds before touchdown, 4 reds on the PAPI = go around, all I'm saying is his video hasn't showcased the aircraft in the landing phase as best as he could and coupled with the liveries gaf, his video isn't as serious for me as Filberts, thedudes or any other serious flight simmer

• Like 3

vor 1 minute, SpeedbirdSimulation sagte:

thats pretty good fuel consumption in the airbus from a united airport, to the home of aerosoft :)

Halifax and Reykjavik are the fuel stops at the Morning 😀

vor 23 Minuten, EasternT3 sagte:

Just started Squirrel's video and I know he's not a flight simmer by trade but it pains me he thinks American Eagle is a fake airline

Yeah I also had to smile at this point :D 

<<<the worst thing that couldve possibly happened today, Im done>>>>>

HA HAA

Me too......

Now we have enough time to wait for a possible release .....  Life can be so easy...... 🙂

Newinstall.JPG

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, F said:

Thanks for clarification, I really didn’t know that and I didn’t want to talk bad in any way about him. 
when watching his videos I just got the feeling that he’s not really taking it that seriously 

In the first 3 min of the video he states that the American Eagle livery is a "fake" American Airlines livery; so I'd say he's not done much (if any) research into the CRJ as an aircraft/real world ops etc. 🤣

25 minutes ago, DFWSupertrooper said:

OK, how does a guy who thinks American Eagle is "some kind of a fake American Airlines" livery qualify as a flight simulator expert?  I mean, even if you're from across the pond, surely you know American Eagle exists???  Odd...oh well...cool to see the A/C in the video anyway and glad he showed the liveries even if he doesn't know they're all actual liveries.

I'm from across the pond, and even grew up in Africa, and even know that American Eagle exists ;)

• Like 4