6 hours ago, TheSledge said:

Edit: PLUS...is a one-engine taxi a thing for the CRJ?

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I have not tried that so no promises but there should be no problem as the engines are so close to the centerline.

As someone who has single-engine taxied many-an-IRL-CRJ, yes, it's definitely a thing. It's much easier to taxi an RJ than underwing engined birds because the thrust comes so much closer to centerline. Turning against the running engine on a underwing plane (e.g. left turn with #1 running) is much harder when the thrust is exerted with that much longer of a lever arm.  It's nice to "go out on one" on the CRJ, you only have to turn against the running engine a little bit. I know single engine taxi in previous sims has been severely limited by things like ground-friction modeling and the like, so hopefully MSFS is better at this. That way you can all experience the joy of almost forgetting to get your second engine running before you arrive at the runway... kidding. Sort of.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

• Root Admin
14 hours ago, ArcticMarkus said:

I suppose there's always the possibility for users to create their own mods by editing the cockpit texture files? Gotta have that ultra pink cockpit mod

Yes, in January we'll work on the paintkit.

• Root Admin
3 hours ago, M4V3R1CK said:

Microsoft announced another (small) update for tomorrow or actually today? (I'm confused by the time zones :D)

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/news-another-update-coming-tomorrow/333484

Maybe there we will get something for the CRJ? :)

No as far as we know this was to sort out issues for Carenado and BBS.

• Root Admin

As I am waiting for a download... why not insert and image one of the internal testers send me.... We are a long way from FS2004 are we not? 

image_2020_12_09T09_54_40_364Z.png

As the forum tends to compress images a bit too much I will also add the image in full 4k zipped format so you can see it in full glory.

image_2020_12_09T09_54_40_364Z.zip

• Like 6
6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As I am waiting for a download... why not insert and image one of the internal testers send me.... We are a long way from FS2004 are we not? 

[...]

As the forum tends to compress images a bit too much I will also add the image in full 4k zipped format so you can see it in full glory.

image_2020_12_09T09_54_40_364Z.zip 17.27 MB · 13 downloads

Hi Mathijs, testing has already started?

54 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I think this shows that you're not just thinking about the commercial success of this product, but also how proud you are of it! It really shows and gives confidence to us future customers!

Keep up the great work. fingers crossed the (Asobo) stars align and you get beta testing completed, and everything cleared up FS wise before Christmas :) 

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Of course most of the core code has been running on P3D for a few years.

This may have been answered previously, or is too long for a forum post, but what is the process to converting code to FS2020. Having played a small part in the A32X project, using JS and html on the screens was a really interesting experience. Is it a complete conversion of code, or can you still take lots from the previous version?

Thanks

4K is a magic thing, that's right and MSFS takes full advantage of it, Mathijs are fully right. Here is an example from the pedestal of the A32NX-mod; I hope, this picture will be allowed. It is 4k and hopefully the upcoming airbusses will come in this quality or even better too. For the CRJ there's no doubt about that.

Screenshot (225).png

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Try the default navdata of MFS, it is up to date and contains more data the Navigraph as far as we know. I do not fully understand why an external paid navdata set makes sense at this moment.  I say _this_ moment as we are unable to access the build in data of MFS right now and will deliver an up to data Lufthansa Data Systems data set with the CRJ. We rather would not, but we have no option at this moment.

OK, thank you. I am going to do the same flight without Navigraph and see what happens.

• Developer
1 hour ago, NHAviator99 said:

Are the 900/1000 versions at the same development stage or behind? The 900 is my favorite version of this jet so ill be flying that the most when they release. 

From the programming side, at the same stage. Models and flight dynamics need more work.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Try the default navdata of MFS, it is up to date and contains more data the Navigraph as far as we know. I do not fully understand why an external paid navdata set makes sense at this moment.  I say _this_ moment as we are unable to access the build in data of MFS right now and will deliver an up to data Lufthansa Data Systems data set with the CRJ. We rather would not, but we have no option at this moment.

What does this mean when you do the flightplan in MFS? How is it inserted into the FMS?

1 minute ago, Galax17 said:

What does this mean when you do the flightplan in MFS? How is it inserted into the FMS?

suspect it will be much like the previous sims; you’ll have to either import a flight plan file directly in the MCDU/FMC/FMS manually, or directly program every step of the route in by hand.

Like many here I’m really excited about the CRJ, and I have even said that multiple times over the week! MSFS is my first flight simulator but I already love it and will be investing so much time and money into it. Seeing how the CRJ looks has made me amazed by what aerosoft is capable of and makes me even more excited to see what you guys are able to do in the years to come!