Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

vor 23 Minuten, M4V3R1CK sagte:

Ok maybe not for this product but the latest patch for Paderborn is still not available from the content-manager :( That's why I'm a bit disappointed from the in-game store system.

And also in the official MSFS forum are plenty discussions about that update topic because it takes MS (at the moment) several weeks until they push an update which get annoying when a hot-fix is needed because Asobo broke something in a MSFS Update -.- But anyway I still hope they will improve that in the future :)

At first I also thought it would be grate to buy every item from the in-game store but then i reliased that many developers wont bring their add-on to the MSFS store and now i buy it directly again like with the other sims :D Simply oldschool

Here is an official statement from MS to the update process of 3rd party add-ons:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/blog-3rd-party-updates-marketplace/333179

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The price will be the same, but indeed we will make more money on a sale on our shop.

I’ll be sure to buy it here then! You deserve all you can get for making this (so far) incredible aircraft! Besides ms and adobo already have my 200€, so you can have my 50€ for yourselves.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well actually I dont think so. The patch was too small to implement new stuff and I'm pretty sure MS wont even think about adding anything in a hot-fix. The risk to brake anything is too big and than they would get an immersive shitstorm from the community because they promised to switch to a monthly update cycle for better testing and quality.

• Root Admin
8 minutes ago, TheSledge said:

Hotfix out which address the Carenado CTDs in their Seminole and M20R.

I wonder if any of that helps us out with CRJ development...?

Nope. This kind of thing should not happen to us.

Not a lot of time today to make nice image with an 'idea' behind it. So just a zoomed in part of the cockpit to show you we are fully ready for 4k displays. 

image.png

And as we know a lot of you will ask how to switch off the engines: lift the little red lever under the throttle and pull the lever back. It's a bit of a trick in the sim, but once you did it ome time it makes sense.  In this image the left engine is off, the right one in idle.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Not a lot of time today to make nice image with an 'idea' behind it. So just a zoomed in part of the cockpit to show you we are fully ready for 4k displays. 

<snip>

And as we know a lot of you will ask how to switch off the engines: lift the little red lever under the throttle and pull the lever back. It's a bit of a trick in the sim, but once you did it ome time it makes sense.  In this image the left engine is off, the right one in idle.

Tight Left Turn FTW!

Looks gorgeous. These things I find most exciting. Beta testers READY!

Edit: PLUS...is a one-engine taxi a thing for the CRJ?

49 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

[...]

I’m assuming that little quirks and methods like this will be explained in the documentation that comes with the aircraft? 😃

• Root Admin
5 minutes ago, TheSledge said:

Tight Left Turn FTW!

Looks gorgeous. These things I find most exciting. Beta testers READY!

Edit: PLUS...is a one-engine taxi a thing for the CRJ?

I have not tried that so no promises but there should be no problem as the engines are so close to the centerline.

Hello,

I have read all the posts and am very excited that this plane is dependent on its own systems when it comes to AP and such, but it raised a question for me.

Last night I flew an ILS approach into KLAS Runway 26L. Everything seemed fine and lined up, but the plane was actually lined up with the side of the runway. It was calm, so it was not a wind issue, it was just a mis-alignment with the center of the runway. 

So, my question is, will the systems built into the CRJ align correctly? Or will the behavior be the same because it falls on MSFS.

I hope this makes sense and thank you for taking the time to look at this.

9 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Happy to wait, but would loooove two variants of the cockpit textures... 

Newly delivered

Rough and ready

Or better yet, change the textures per flight hour to gradually dirty up the cockpit ;)

I jest (or do I?), stunning shot as always and the quality is immense. Really looking forward to this... fingers crossed its a Christmas present from Aerosoft (looking at you Asobo / MS!)

• Root Admin
5 minutes ago, Surfwarrior said:

I’m assuming that little quirks and methods like this will be explained in the documentation that comes with the aircraft? 😃

Yes, BUT..... for close a decade we have been making our products for simmers who have been using these kinds of aircraft and now I dearly hope we reach far more peoples, if possible young people, who do not have that history. So we are pretty sure we will need to tweak the manual as we go. 

My idea has always been to release and then adapt. You do not dump a project and sit back. The release is just a stage in the process.  At that moment we get the real feedback and learn what we need to tweak. 

• Like 5

• Root Admin
8 minutes ago, themadgamer said:

side of the runway. It was calm, so it was not a wind issue, it was just a mis-alignment with the center of the runway. 

So, my question is, will the systems built into the CRJ align correctly? Or will the behavior be the same because it falls on MSFS.

Sure it does make sense.

There could be basically three reasons for that behavior.

1. The nav database is incorrect meaning the ILS transmitter is not placed correctly.
  2. The scenery does not match the nav database, meaning the scenery puts the runway in an incorrect location.
  3. The aircraft systems display it wrong.

A fourth reason could be that the ILS is not in line with the runway intentionally. But I do not think that is the case here. 

If it is 1 or 2, our CRJ will have the same issue, if it is 3 we will need to fix that. If it is 4 you need more training!

• Like 1

• Root Admin
13 minutes ago, Jersey1985 said:

Newly delivered

Rough and ready

Or better yet, change the textures per flight hour to gradually dirty up the cockpit ;)

I jest (or do I?), stunning shot as always and the quality is immense. Really looking forward to this... fingers crossed its a Christmas present from Aerosoft (looking at you Asobo / MS!)

Sorry, no way. We are pushed to the max to deliver a working product right now. Ask me again in May 2021.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, BUT..... for close a decade we have been making our products for simmers who have been using these kinds of aircraft and now I dearly hope we reach far more peoples, if possible young people, who do not have that history. So we are pretty sure we will need to tweak the manual as we go. 

My idea has always been to release and then adapt. You do not dump a project and sit back. The release is just a stage in the process.  At that moment we get the real feedback and learn what we need to tweak. 

Well I’m happy to report you are succeeding! I’m 20 years old and although I have some experience with pmdg this is will be my first aircraft purchase from aerosoft. I love the concept of mid way between study level and default. It makes the whole thing less daunting and also adds a casual element which I love where I will be able to jump in the sim and just fly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jersey1985 said:

Newly delivered

Rough and ready

Hehe, CRJ 550 would be only newly delivered IRL. :D

I had a pleaseure to fly one 2 weeks after it got delivered to United Express (whatever regional operator that was).

&

45 minutes ago, Surfwarrior said:

I'm happy to report that you've succeeded bye five more years I guess? I'm 15 and I've been into flightsim since I was like 10 (I know 2015, bad year to start because it was right before xp-11 right?). I don't know how many teens/younger people there are into flightsim that's been here before fs2020. Probably not a lot. Judging by my own experience a lot of younger people are getting into it now though, and they're complaining about crash-dynamics in the new sim. Some things never change, I remember how dissapointed I was the first time I slammed the default fsx ultralight into the runway and got the "You crashed" message. Those were the days...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sure it does make sense.

There could be basically three reasons for that behavior.

1. The nav database is incorrect meaning the ILS transmitter is not placed correctly.
  2. The scenery does not match the nav database, meaning the scenery puts the runway in an incorrect location.
  3. The aircraft systems display it wrong.

A fourth reason could be that the ILS is not in line with the runway intentionally. But I do not think that is the case here. 

If it is 1 or 2, our CRJ will have the same issue, if it is 3 we will need to fix that. If it is 4 you need more training!

Thank you for the response!

Even though the #4 Training option is there, :) ,that is not. I actually fly the route all the time in X-Plane with the Airbus so I do have procedures and such under control. I have a feeling this could be a Navigraph Beta/MSFS 2020 issue. I have seen similar posts from other people with the same issues, so I guess I will have to wait and see once I buy your CRJ! :)

Thanks again for responding to me,

Rich

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry, no way. We are pushed to the max to deliver a working product right now. Ask me again in May 2021.

I suppose there's always the possibility for users to create their own mods by editing the cockpit texture files? Gotta have that ultra pink cockpit mod

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 hours ago, themadgamer said:

Hello,

I have read all the posts and am very excited that this plane is dependent on its own systems when it comes to AP and such, but it raised a question for me.

Last night I flew an ILS approach into KLAS Runway 26L. Everything seemed fine and lined up, but the plane was actually lined up with the side of the runway. It was calm, so it was not a wind issue, it was just a mis-alignment with the center of the runway. 

This appears to be a bug in the sim as there a number of threads on it in the MFS forums. Here's a sample.

• Upvote 1