Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

vor 1 minute, riskas123 sagte:

That's so true, tbh I don't fly to China that often though. Aviation's a bit different there. The units give you a hard time as all weights are in kilos and all heights/elevations are in meters.

No problem for us europeans. :D

My guess would be somewhere between 9AM and 12AM CET. But then Mathijs said its going to be released at the same time in the ingame marketplace which would mean somewhere between 5pm and 8pm CET. lets just hope its not going to take until 9pm like the notification of the release date. ;) :D  

24 minutes ago, riskas123 said:

That's so true, tbh I don't fly to China that often though. Aviation's a bit different there. The units give you a hard time as all weights are in kilos and all heights/elevations are in meters.

I think, kilogram to pound conversion, meter to foot conversion. It should be easy for pilots. Moreover, all EAIP charts comply with international standards. Unfortunately, due to some complicated reasons, the fineness of Chinese scenery in the simulator is relatively low, and there are too many landscapes in this 9.6 million square kilometers land that have not been simulated.

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 minutes ago, rasmulisone said:

Well tbh it is if the altitudes and elevations are in metres.

That should really not be a problem for a pilot tbh. Speed in KMH would be problematic though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, rasmulisone said:

Well tbh it is if the altitudes and elevations are in metres.

Russia!  Is Russia considered European?  I honestly don't know, but if memory serves most of the Russia is technically in Asia, and I believe only Russia, China and North Korea uses meters for altitude. 

2 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Russia!  Is Russia considered European?  I honestly don't know, but if memory serves most of the Russia is technically in Asia, and I believe only Russia, China and North Korea uses meters for altitude. 

I think Russia converted to feet recently 

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That should really not be a problem for a pilot tbh. Speed in KMH would be problematic though.

Yeah, I mean... roughly double. Another thing about flying in Asia is that winds on metars and tafs are given in MPS. Try converting that to KTS without looking it up (spoiler alert, it's almost divisible by two), it's still annoying though.

3 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

I think Russia converted to feet recently 

Really? Now that... That's interesting. If it's for aviation, not so much. If it's the country as a whole that seems a bit like giving in to the inferior imperial units.

• Root Admin
4 minutes ago, riskas123 said:

Yeah, I mean... roughly double. Another thing about flying in Asia is that winds on metars and tafs are given in MPS. Try converting that to KTS without looking it up (spoiler alert, it's almost divisible by two), it's still annoying though.

I never understood why a standard MCDU does not contain what a Sporty's Electronic E6B Flight Computer can do. I always have one at hand when I fly; 

Sporty's Electronic E6B Flight Computer

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

For the altitudes we have tables and as you said, speeds just times 2.

You've got tables? Didn't quite expect that, in some other planes (for example the airbus family and 737's) there's a button on the glareshield you can press to display the altitude in Meters In addition to feet, is this the case in the CRJ too?

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, riskas123 said:

You've got tables? Didn't quite expect that, in some other planes (for example the airbus family and 737's) there's a button on the glareshield you can press to display the altitude in Meters In addition to feet, is this the case in the CRJ too?

Just check the space to the right of the number two throttle.

• CRJ Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, amahran said:

Love it! That makes me wonder if there’s anything special about the CRJ fuel system, since all the ones I’m familiar with require ice inhibitors below a certain temperature for Jet-A and Jet-A1.

The main area of concern for ice crystal formation is the potential clogging of the main engine fuel filters ahead of the fuel control unit. Most airliner engines (including the CRJ) have a heat exchanger where hot engine oil is used to warm the incoming fuel ahead of the filters. 

vor 4 Minuten, riskas123 sagte:

The tables are used in the countries using meters to select the correct equivalent in feet. Check this overview from Vatsim China for more info and the table. https://www.vatprc.net/en/rvsm-en

• Like 1