25 minutes ago, Norwenkel said:

Just a quick question: 

What’s your suggestion where to buy it from? Aerosoft direct or MS Marketplace? Will it make more sense to buy it directly from Aerosoft because of update and support issues?

My advice is usually - "buy direct and directly support the developer" ... Unless you want Microsoft to take a 30% cut from them?

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

• Root Admin
13 hours ago, Rudy Fattal said:

Is the navdata downloaded with the crj file at the same time? Can there be any incompatibilty issues with the msfs data? Very excited to get this plane!

Yes. We deliver this with a current (!) nav database from LIDO. Pretty safe to say that no other add-on will match that, they normally are only allowed to have outdated navdata.

This is the most used database in airliners. As the standard navdata is not used their can't really be conflicts.

• Thanks 1
  • Root Admin
8 hours ago, magicnorm said:

Will we be able to assign keyboard keys and/or buttons to control the autopilot or build a DIY cockpit and use Mobiflight to control functions of the plane?

We try as much as possible to leave the connections to default key commands in tact and will try to assist where this is not. But this is NOT intended in any way to be a product aimed at cockpit builders. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Root Admin
1 hour ago, MagicalPug said:

Thanks for the answer.

In an half year or so, without a subscription service (to update the nav data in the database of the CRJ), the data would not match anymore. Unfortunately I have not subscribed to such a service.

In half a year we most certainly hope to be able to use the MSFS nav database, so that most likely will not be an issues. 

People also overestimate how much changes in these databases. The majority of changes are at this moment in China where new airports are being cranked out like they are MacDonald's.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

In case I don't get chance - good luck Mathijs and the entire Aerosoft Team for tomorrow. I'm sure it'll be super successful and very well received by everybody.

Everything we've seen over the last few months has looked and sounded fantastic. The Dude's videos have been very well received and I've loved watching each one of them - not only have they given us a heads up to fly it, but they've been a showcase of the product too so we can see the detail at work!

Hoping for an early release tomorrow so I can do my giveaway stream in the afternoon after I get my hands on one! 🤣

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Root Admin
1 hour ago, Citation X said:

I’m just praying that 16GB of RAM will be enough...

Shirley, it all depends on your settings, but the aircraft itself is not very memory hungry. Also not on graphical memory btw.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
Just now, BritishAvgeek said:

What routes are people looking to fly when you get your hands on the CRJ?

I'll be either doing Munich to Birmingham or Frankfurt to Athens on VATSIM!

Im doing the Ibex routes in Japan for sure.  

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes. We deliver this with a current (!) nav database from LIDO. Pretty safe to say that no other add-on will match that, they normally are only allowed to have outdated navdata.

This is the most used database in airliners. As the standard navdata is not used their can't really be conflicts.

But navigraph nav data will still work with the crj. Also will we have to install the nav data from navigraph into the crj it’s self or just install navigraph how we do now. 

32 minutes ago, BritishAvgeek said:

I'll be either doing Munich to Birmingham or Frankfurt to Athens on VATSIM!

Kord to kdca in the United 550

• Like 1

Not sure yet. I really hope for an early release so that I can start testing it after work. In the afternoon I plan to do a test flight out of Mirabel to get familiar with handling the aircraft and to test the autopilot and so on. 
may night I will take her for the first flight on vatsim. It will be a LH route into or out of EDDF, but I didn’t decide yet which one it will be. 

vor 59 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

In half a year we most certainly hope to be able to use the MSFS nav database, so that most likely will not be an issues. 

People also overestimate how much changes in these databases. The majority of changes are at this moment in China where new airports are being cranked out like they are MacDonald's.

Great 🙂 Thanks for your response.

I am very happy to read that you plan to use the MSFS nav database in the near future.

For now, do i need to use the "Aerosoft’s Professional Flight Planner X" to plan a flight with the same data used by the CRJ?

46 minutes ago, BritishAvgeek said:

Depends what time I get my hands on it but I'm doing KPDX-KSBA-KPDX

30 minutes ago, JasonmCork said:

Hi Guys, which Liveries will be included on launch?

Mathijs said we'll find out tomorrow but I did post a list a few pages back showing the liveries we have seen as previews so hopefully that gives an indication

vor 24 Minuten, MagicalPug sagte:

Great 🙂 Thanks for your response.

I am very happy to read that you plan to use the MSFS nav database in the near future.

For now, do i need to use the "Aerosoft’s Professional Flight Planner X" to plan a flight with the same data used by the CRJ?

You can user every tool wich is using a more or less up to date database for the flight planning. 

• Like 1
vor 1 minute, coldhaulfield sagte:

You could use simbrief.com

I always use that too. It offers many options and takes care of everything. It’s a great freeware tool for Flightplanning 

• Like 1
  • Root Admin
17 minutes ago, rsmith6621a said:

So after tomorrow.  How soon until the A330 and A320s are available in MSFS 2020.

I cant wait to have an aircraft to fly in MSFS.

Randy 

At least one of the Airbusses is scheduled for this year. But with such a new platform serious planning is very hard.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1