• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

Goodevening,

first I wanted to say thank you (the dude) for the tutorial. good job. I wanted to ask if you were planning on doing any more episodes about Crj.

thanks.

• Upvote 1
  • Deputy Sheriffs
37 minutes ago, maxdv said:

Goodevening,

first I wanted to say thank you (the dude) for the tutorial. good job. I wanted to ask if you were planning on doing any more episodes about Crj.

thanks.

Thank you! There is a favourite answer every pilot likes to give to any flying related question; it depends. ;) 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Thank you! There is a favourite answer every pilot likes to give to any flying related question; it depends. ;) 

Oh yeah, "it depends", I often use it too even for non-aviation related questions 

Oh and also, will you do videos on "special" procedures like holds, diversions, turnarounds, etc, or will you let that to other YouTubers ?

• Upvote 1

Good evening Aerosoft community,

as everyone i‘m very excited for the release and want to thank the team and community for answering our questions. Keep the great work up guys! :) 
My question is, how will this addon work with the msfs ATC? Probably it won‘t work, right? I know we had in p3d also an ATC and it was completely useless, nobody was flying with it... now we have a new flight sim and again Nobody will use it because of the same problem... 

I‘m thinking of crashing into real life traffic at the approach...

I hope my english isn‘t too bad...

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Thanks. And see how good my Italian is! It has been 17 years ago I lived in Como.

OMG @Mathijs Kok I live in Como ahah...my home is just 1km far from the Lake!! If you come back in the future let me know!

btw...I forgot a question xD.

on the CRJ it will be possible to modify the "camera" file to set the cameras from different perspectives as we like? (like other plane)

2 hours ago, PilotTimo said:

My question is, how will this addon work with the msfs ATC? Probably it won‘t work, right? I know we had in p3d also an ATC and it was completely useless, nobody was flying with it... now we have a new flight sim and again Nobody will use it because of the same problem... 

Yeah, the ATC in either sim isn't great, I don't see any reason for the CRJ to work any worse with the ATC than the default planes though. Tbh I'd recommend just not using AI ATC for the time being, it might improve but it hasn't really yet... 

2 hours ago, PilotTimo said:

What do you mean? That's written better than 90% of native speakers (No offence). Who am I to judge though? English is my second language too. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 hours ago, simone guanziroli said:

on the CRJ it will be possible to modify the "camera" file to set the cameras from different perspectives as we like? (like other plane)

Yes this is possible. All the camera views you see in my videos are “custom” views. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Caption contest! Here you see the CRJ flying to the MS store for delivery. The PF is Hans, the PNF is me...

picturemessage_ooksxxxz.lom.png

Hans: 'Going for a wee, take the control'
Mathijs: 'Okay... just to be sure, I am not allowed to touch anything right?'

-------------

The best comments will win absolutely nothing. I have been told we hand out too may free copies.  Tjeee.

"A/P without Auto Throttle.  Sounds like fun! Maybe doing pilot things can be fun!"

38 minutes ago, Capt Shark said:

"A/P without Auto Throttle.  Sounds like fun! Maybe doing pilot things can be fun!"

Many real life aircrafts and also sim aircrafts (ie Q400) have modern A/P but no A/T.

The first thing you have to remember is that EVERY pitch change (ie reaching cruise altitude) needs your attention and throttle action IOT maintain speed to the desired number.

G/A is of course possible with no A/T (mentioned as a question some posts before).

Apart from the fact that it has A LOT of fun it makes us better “pilots” 😁

-=Manwlo=-

• Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, manwlo said:

Many real life aircrafts and also sim aircrafts (ie Q400) have modern A/P but no A/T.

The first thing you have to remember is that EVERY pitch change (ie reaching cruise altitude) needs your attention and throttle action IOT maintain speed to the desired number.

G/A is of course possible with no A/T (mentioned as a question some posts before).

Apart from the fact that it has A LOT of fun it makes us better “pilots” 😁

-=Manwlo=-

I was being facetious. IRL I hardly ever flew with auto pilot, (commercial/instrument rated), but nowadays, sim "captains" always freak out when the A/P is inop and actually have to "fly" the aircraft.  The CRJ does not have A/T so as to make a funny caption.

• Like 2
vor 6 Stunden , riskas123 sagte:

the ATC in either sim isn't great

Sadly true :( In my opinion even the FSX ATC was better than the one we currently have in MSFS. But I also trust Asobo that they will improve this even if it takes several months.

15 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Caption contest! Here you see the CRJ flying to the MS store for delivery. The PF is Hans, the PNF is me...

picturemessage_ooksxxxz.lom.png

Hans: 'Going for a wee, take the control'
Mathijs: 'Okay... just to be sure, I am not allowed to touch anything right?'

-------------

The best comments will win absolutely nothing. I have been told we hand out too may free copies.  Tjeee.

Hans: 'Going for a wee, take the control'
Mathijs: 'Okey....’

<door closes>
Mathijs: ‘I should make a "Caption this competition" while waiting for Hans to get back’ 

• Deputy Sheriffs
16 hours ago, mvjaws said:

I noticed that in the Originating Checks video, The Dude says that the fuel would start flowing as soon as a fuel truck arrives. Would you actually have to call the truck through the ATC menu after setting the desired quantity in the refuel/de-fuel panel? Or was this just for “realistic effect?”

It will start to refuel as soon as you flip the switch to ON.

• Thanks 2
12 hours ago, PilotTimo said:

Good evening Aerosoft community,

as everyone i‘m very excited for the release and want to thank the team and community for answering our questions. Keep the great work up guys! :) 

I‘m thinking of crashing into real life traffic at the approach...

As long as you load a plan from an external planner (like SimBrief) and don't change a thing in MSFS worldmap, it works quite well. I use it all the time.

• Upvote 1
  • Deputy Sheriffs
2 minutes ago, Xanys Lecix said:

I was about to ask that but you did it before than me.

You can fill in a guess here and win a free copy of the CRJ ;) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@TheDude, does the CRJ have the ability to display user generated range rings around a navaid/waypoint?  This is possible in Boeing aircraft and is quite useful for visual approaches.  Just wondering if CRJ has this useful feature?

Thanks

6 minutes ago, ual763 said:

@TheDude, does the CRJ have the ability to display user generated range rings around a navaid/waypoint?  This is possible in Boeing aircraft and is quite useful for visual approaches.  Just wondering if CRJ has this useful feature?

Thanks

Yes it does, you can check the EP. 8 and EP. 9 of the tutorials where he uses and explain it.

• Upvote 1
  • Deputy Sheriffs
45 minutes ago, ual763 said:

does the CRJ have the ability to display user generated range rings around a navaid/waypoint?

Yes it does!

image.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2