Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

9 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

It has vertical navigation, just no autothrottle.

I haven't operated a crj in a sim before, so more of a question about how the aircraft works. I often do flights anywhere from 2-3 hours, once at cruise i usually do things on my other monitors and focus less on the sim, sometimes a my leave the desk for a bit if i need to. I understand the aircraft has no autothrottle, but is there any way to have it maintain a speed at cruise? Weather it is an aircraft option or something implemented by Aerosoft? I am however glad that this will be a very hands on aircraft and i can't wait to fly it, best of luck to the team with the project.

13 minutes ago, Jaden Cuffy said:

I haven't operated a crj in a sim before, so more of a question about how the aircraft works. I often do flights anywhere from 2-3 hours, once at cruise i usually do things on my other monitors and focus less on the sim, sometimes a my leave the desk for a bit if i need to. I understand the aircraft has no autothrottle, but is there any way to have it maintain a speed at cruise? Weather it is an aircraft option or something implemented by Aerosoft? I am however glad that this will be a very hands on aircraft and i can't wait to fly it, best of luck to the team with the project.

like all plane do until the autothrust will be developed: using charts table to set constant thrust in terms of N1, EPR, etc for have a constant mach speed cruise (in accord with other data like altitude, weights and temperature for example).

On regional like CRJ, due the short flight, this thing will be much easier done than to said, and reliable for the plane and airline.

On other plane for long haul (747-200, L-1011 and more)....well, need the third deck member: flight engineer.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Just as with Windows 10 it looks like MFS is the same name for a long time.  So where we could say we would guarantee updates for a whole simulator generation this might no longer be an option. 

Yes indeed. I think this is new mentality that was started by Satya Nadella from Microsoft that started from Windows 10 and delivers updates as service, pretty sure the same goes will be for MSFS which actually makes sense.

6 hours ago, Jaden Cuffy said:

I understand the aircraft has no autothrottle, but is there any way to have it maintain a speed at cruise? Weather it is an aircraft option or something implemented by Aerosoft? I am however glad that this will be a very hands on aircraft and i can't wait to fly it, best of luck to the team with the project.

One way to find out, is to download the Working Title CJ4 mod, and start flying it.  Until the next update comes along, which will add the FADEC functionality, the current CJ4 mod should fly procedurally very similar to the CRJ.  This way you can see if an aircraft without an auto-throttle will be something you're interested in.  Just an idea, and it won't cost you anything either as a bonus!

Tim

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

In sounds we have learned the hard way that realism means nothing.  It is totally what the customer expects to hear.

I think this is true of flight simmers in general, and honestly, I don't have a problem with it.  Like you said, people have a preconception in their head of how a large airliner should handle, and what it should sound like, and so forth.  While realism is very important, sometimes, the entertainment/enjoyment side of things gets lost.  An example is quality of life items that developers often include...things like invisible click spots to activate autothrottles, or pop out displays, or click spots to set V-speeds on the ASI.  Totally unrealistic, yet a quality of life thing, that makes flying an airplane on a 2D monitor, more user friendly.

Tim

• Like 1

• CRJ Forum Moderator
13 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

It has vertical navigation, just no autothrottle.

Was glad to hear you say this Hans. Having a properly modeled VNAV system is a must. I know many older CRJ's weren't upgraded to allow autopilot-coupled VNAV, but they should all have the "advisory VNAV" and "snowflake" generated from the FMS. Modeling this should definitely be a high priority, especially with today's RNAV SID's and STAR's. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Developer
1 hour ago, JuiceBox7535 said:

Was glad to hear you say this Hans. Having a properly modeled VNAV system is a must. I know many older CRJ's weren't upgraded to allow autopilot-coupled VNAV, but they should all have the "advisory VNAV" and "snowflake" generated from the FMS. Modeling this should definitely be a high priority, especially with today's RNAV SID's and STAR's. 

In P3D, you can switch between advisory and coupled VNAV in the EFB (setting is saved per livery). In MSFS, it's the same, but can not be saved per livery (yet?) due to limitations with the file system access.

• Like 1

vor 10 Stunden , davepilot sagte:

Can we download it through the msfs marketplace directly? :) that would be awesome so we can update it in the sim without downloading updates manually :)

Yes it is possible but i think it's the worst way to buy things. First of all it takes a huge amount of time until updates for add-ons get pushed in the in-game store. So everyone that purchased for example the CRJ (when it's released :)) directly form Aerosoft, will have any upcoming update on day 1 of the update release. User that bought the CRJ in the MSFS store will have to wait until Microsoft puts the patch onto their servers (at the moment this takes a long time :( maybe they will improve that in the future) 

Next thing is that it's always cheaper to buy items directly from the publisher/developer because they dont have to pay fees to MS and so the prices for the cstomers are cheaper. Last thing I want to mention is that you will more or less never see dicounts in the in-game store because of that fees fact. So please keep that in mind.

• Like 1

• Root Admin
Just now, M4V3R1CK said:

Yes it is possible but i thin it's the worst way to buy things. First of all it takes a huge amount of time until updates for add-ons get pushed in the in-game store. So everyone that purchased for example the CRJ (when it's released :)) directly form Aerosoft, will have any upcoming update on day 1 of the update release. User that bought the CRJ in the MSFS store will have to wait until Microsoft puts it onto their servers (at the moment this takes a long time :( maybe they will improve that) 

Next thing is that it is always cheaper to buy it directly at the publisher/developer because they dont have to pay fees to MS and so the prices are much cheaper. Last thing I want to mention is that you will more or less never see dicounts in the in-game store. So please keep that in mind.

The price will be the same, but indeed we will make more money on a sale on our shop.  The update rate has been discussed with Microsoft and 'might' not be an issue for this product. 

Ok maybe not for this product but the latest patch for Paderborn is still not available from the content-manager :( That's why I'm a bit disappointed from the in-game store system.

And also in the official MSFS forum are plenty discussions about that update topic because it takes MS (at the moment) several weeks until they push an update which get annoying when a hot-fix is needed because Asobo broke something in a MSFS Update -.- But anyway I still hope they will improve that in the future :)

At first I also thought it would be grate to buy every item from the in-game store but then i reliased that many developers wont bring their add-on to the MSFS store and now i buy it directly again like with the other sims :D Simply oldschool

vor 20 Stunden , LukeMurph sagte:

Cannot wait to get my hands on this, sorry to be that guy but is a release before the new year still an option? Keep up the amazing work!

vor 20 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Yes, still an option.  But not really in our hands.

Yes this question already came up multiple times now and the answer is still yes

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1