20 hours ago, YetiAir said:

I have one well basically two questions.

As I fly only online on Vatsim, can anyone explain how can I do the following things:

1) How can I fly direct to a waypoint which is in your flightplan, but which is not the next in line and

2) How can I fly direct to a waypoint which is NOT in my flighplan ?

In the A320 there is a DIR button where I can simply add the waypoint but how is it in the CRJ ?

If you are looking for an aircraft to "Practice" flying the CRJ I would suggest the CJ-4 (WT mod). The FMS's are both made by Collins (CRJ Proline 4/ CJ-4 Proline-21) and are very similar, both of your questions are very easily accomplished with these FMS's. Hope this helps.  

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

This is REALLY nitpicky and technical, but just something was wondering.  I noticed that when the engines were shut down in the video, the EGT readings returned to ambient  in just a few seconds.  I know a lot of jet engines have a fair amount of heat soak, and the egt readings will take a while to return to ambient, sometimes requiring the engines to be motored before start on a quick turnaround.  Is this just something not modeled, or is this the way the readings are in the crj due to the small engine size and location of the egt probe?

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, Carsten12 said:

Doesnt matter which version of MSFS and just want to know if these kind of micro stutter was experienced also with the CRJ.

I never saw any micro stutters or stutters for that matter with the CRJ. The last MSFS update did not cause any negative performance for me either.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, Hightower said:

Your taxiing is so smooth, and wondering if you have nosewheel steering setup. 

I have a thrustmaster TPR and just use the rudder axis for taxing.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I never saw any micro stutters or stutters for that matter with the CRJ. The last MSFS update did not cause any negative performance for me either.

Don't worry @TheDude, you'll only have to answer that question another 34,517 times...multiplied by factor of 3 once it launches. 🙄

• Upvote 2
  • CRJ Forum Moderator
52 minutes ago, Mike Iacovetta said:

This is REALLY nitpicky and technical, but just something was wondering.  I noticed that when the engines were shut down in the video, the EGT readings returned to ambient  in just a few seconds.  I know a lot of jet engines have a fair amount of heat soak, and the egt readings will take a while to return to ambient, sometimes requiring the engines to be motored before start on a quick turnaround.  Is this just something not modeled, or is this the way the readings are in the crj due to the small engine size and location of the egt probe?

In a real aircraft, EGT will remain higher than ambient temperature long after shutdown, but probably the only way to do that in the sim would be to use a completely custom engine emulation. The default engine model provided by MSFS probably returns EGT to ambient as soon as “the fire goes out”. 

However, if a real jet aircraft has been parked overnight in a cold environment, the EGT and oil temperature readings would indeed show actual ambient temperature - though some types of sensors will show no lower than 0C even if the ambient temperature is lower.

For any type of jet engine when started cold, EGT will rise instantly once started, but oil temperature can take quite some to rise to the normal operating range. Most aircraft flight manuals will caution that engine thrust should not be increased above idle until oil temperature has risen into the green range.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mike Iacovetta said:

I would bet this is a shortcoming in MSFS's engine modeling. In the real aircraft we often have to wait a few extra seconds for the temp to cool below 120 before introducing fuel on our half hour turnarounds in the summer and at high altitude airports.

You can also have an issue with brake cooling on quick turnarounds at short runway airports in the summer, Especially if it's high altitude or relatively calm winds. I've had to wait around 10 mins short of the runway for brake cooling a few times as the crew that brought the plane in got a little brake happy on landing. Usually this is because they apply brakes immediately after landing (over 140kts in the 900) and that adds a ton of energy into them as opposed to just using reverse thrust until you reach 90ish kts. Although I doubt Aerosoft would take the time to model this as very few people would notice it or even really care if it's there or not.

Since the most recent update, I now have very obvious microstuttering and less consistent fps overall. I suspect further optimizations from Asobo, DX12 implementation and a ram upgrade, will solve my issues. Everyone's system is different in some way, so I think the average 10-12 percent fps loss, is a good enough general answer.

At the end of the day, it's just the nature of the beast, some of us just have to wait for the sim to mature, to get better performance.

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, Der Merowinger said:

A "pause before TOD" - is this feature implemented?

NO, we might do later. With the short routes of the CRJ we did not feel it to be an essential version.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 8
  • Root Admin
1 hour ago, TheFly77 said:

Just a question: any plans to allow multiplayer setup? Like Yourcontrols for MSFS currently does? 

The moment we have the information on how to do that in WASM, we will work on that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Getting very close to both release and page 200 now :D

Im so ready for this with new pc and everything is nice and clean :) 

PS! Have a nice weekend to all of the AS team :D 

• Root Admin
8 minutes ago, Alexander Pressley said:

and at high altitude airports.

Is that because there is simply less 'air' too cool the engine?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Just new stress, lol.

Grab some cheese and crackers and add some wine on the side and take the weekend now. its well deserved Mathijs! :) 

24 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Is that because there is simply less 'air' too cool the engine?

Yes, that's exactly right. Can also get the issue by having a light tailwind when parked.

• Root Admin
6 minutes ago, Alexander Pressley said:

Yes, that's exactly right. Can also get the issue by having a light tailwind when parked. 

Mmmm, as I wrote before, Flight simming is a learning experience! Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Root Admin
2 minutes ago, Brembrauta said:

Do we know when the media will get access?

They already have, but they got an embargo till Tuesday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I noticed that in the Originating Checks video, The Dude says that the fuel would start flowing as soon as a fuel truck arrives. Would you actually have to call the truck through the ATC menu after setting the desired quantity in the refuel/de-fuel panel? Or was this just for “realistic effect?”

• Root Admin

Caption contest! Here you see the CRJ flying to the MS store for delivery. The PF is Hans, the PNF is me...

picturemessage_ooksxxxz.lom.png

Hans: 'Going for a wee, take the control'
Mathijs: 'Okay... just to be sure, I am not allowed to touch anything right?'

-------------

The best comments will win absolutely nothing. I have been told we hand out too may free copies.  Tjeee.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Mathijs Kok said:

Caption contest! Here you see the CRJ flying to the MS store for delivery. The PF is Hans, the PNF is me...

picturemessage_ooksxxxz.lom.png

Hans: 'Going for a wee, take the control'
Mathijs: 'Okay... just to be sure, I am not allowed to touch anything right?'

-------------

The best comments will win absolutely nothing. I have been told we hand out too may free copies.  Tjeee.

"Hold on everyone, I think the glideslope is going to be a little on the steep side"