• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

vor 37 Minuten, Citation X sagte:

Man I'm telling you guys it's gonna be D-Day for Aerosofts Servers on the 16th.

Yeah i also think so. Aerosoft is in the pole position. They created the first real airliner for MSFS. Aerosoft got this achievement and nobody else.

The CRJ will be an instant buy for me and also the Airbuses when they are released.

Imagine how many people will switch from P3D and X-Plane to MSFS when they see now that we have a real third party airliner now there. Thats also a huge contribution to the platform itself. No lack of systems anymore real IFR are possible. I think you can nearly say all real simmer will switch now to MSFS.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

Imagine how many people will switch from P3D and X-Plane to MSFS when they see now that we have a real third party airliner now there.

I'm waiting since months to switch fully to MSFS. But for most the CRJ wouldn't be the last argument to switch. As for the sim-performance, i'll wait a few days after release.

• Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, Schafsviech said:

I'm waiting since months to switch fully to MSFS. But for most the CRJ wouldn't be the last argument to switch. As for the sim-performance, i'll wait a few days after release.

For sure some people absolutely need DX12 that will be implemented this summer/fall by Asobo to have a playable experience with the "high-end" mods like the A32NX or the Gatwick Ultra scenery

16 hours ago, metzgergva said:

I have tried to match sensitivity close to pilots feedback and it is based on the default sensitivity of MSFS which -30%. Now Im using TM Pendular rudders with nice long travel and there I went to -40% on sensitivity just to compensate a bit that MSFS does not have a separate simulation of tiller and rudder control. I wanted it to turn sharply as the real one does, so that you can go into small airports or tight parking lots. So the rudder control becomes a bit sensitive on the TO run. That's why I streched the middle part of sensitivity for softer reaction but still have full deflection on apron. This helps with aircraft and good rudder pedals.

Could you post a picture of your sensitivity settings please? Do you use similar for the CJ4?

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Citation X said:

Man I'm telling you guys it's gonna be D-Day for Aerosofts Servers on the 16th.

Yup! When you've got such a large release it's inevitable something will go wrong. I'll just wait until maybe a couple of hours after release to outride it. Either that or I'll be refreshing the store page until something happens and I'm the first... 

I mean the refreshing is what shit down the forums a couple of weeks ago too, wasn't it? 

(No, right... It was the APU discussion.) 

• Like 1
vor 2 Stunden , cratabo sagte:

Imagine how many people will switch from P3D and X-Plane to MSFS when they see now that we have a real third party airliner now there. Thats also a huge contribution to the platform itself. No lack of systems anymore real IFR are possible. I think you can nearly say all real simmer will switch now to MSFS.

Well I think most people wont switch completely but they are now more open to MSFS. The CRJ will be the first of hopefully many professional airliners in the new sim. But for now the older platforms still offer a broader range of aircrafts.

vor 4 Minuten, riskas123 sagte:

I'll just wait until maybe a couple of hours after release to outride it.

I think I will do the same :D But sadly because of work :( 

1 minute ago, M4V3R1CK said:

I think I will do the same :D But sadly because of work :( 

Hahaha I live in europe and my money's on an evening release. So I don't think I'll have that issue. 

3 minutes ago, Robert Xones said:

wow this thread really is gonna hit 200 pages soon. Really exploded in the last weeks even tho theres pretty much nothing to talk about

On Tuesday All of the hype will be moved over to the club and the general crj forum. Let's see what page number we hit before then... 

300 more posts and we'll be on 5k posts too! 

Congratulations to the team. Looks excellent and much improved from the P3D version. Great to finally see the first payware higher fidelity aircraft for MSFS. Will be an instant buy for many.  

@The Dude   Excellent tutorials, and all explained very well. Thanks for putting the videos together.   I have no issue flying Boeings and Busses efficiently,  but the CRJ has quite some uniqueness to it, kind of like a MD-11 that has hybrid characteristics so will be nice to be more proficient in flying this aircraft.   Couple questions I havnt seen posted.    If it is, my apologies. 

1)   Is there no wind page for descent?   Since a fairly stiff nose on head wind, or direct tail wind, would change the TOD calculation and meeting any constraints.   Or how can you account for this in manual calculation? 

2)  Your taxiing is so smooth, and wondering if you have nosewheel steering setup.   I have tried using the 'set steering' in the controls on an axis but it does not work for any aircraft and always have to use the rudder which behaves weird on the ground except for maybe the GAs. 

Thank you

• Thanks 2
  • Root Admin
15 hours ago, Carsten12 said:

The most present performance hook in the A32N FBW mod is the coherentGTdraw. Would be nice to know how the CRJ handle it. and if there is a similar performance hook related to the GTdraw.

We seen no unexpected problems. If I switch from the default A320 at 40 fps to the CRJ I get between 34 and 36 fps.  The actual settings do not matter as lot as the relation remains the same.  Compared with the default A30 you lose about 10 to 12%. Just what we expected. There is many times more code to handle. 

And friends, we do not want to discuss the possible issues with Sim Update 3 because we have nothing to say about. None of us has seen any negative effects whatsoever and as we have no influence on it we feel this topic should be about the CRJ, not SImUpdate3. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
vor 2 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

We seen no unexpected problems. If I switch from the default A320 at 40 fps to the CRJ I get between 34 and 36 fps.  The actual settings do not matter as lot as the relation remains the same.  Compared with the default A30 you lose about 10 to 12%. Just what we expected. There is many times more code to handle. 

And friends, we do not want to discuss the possible issues with Sim Update 3 because we have nothing to say about. None of us has seen any negative effects whatsoever and as we have no influence on it we feel this topic should be about the CRJ, not SImUpdate3. 

Ok thank you for clarification. But my question has nothing to do with Sm update 3,2,1, or what ever it was just a general question about performance of the CRJ inside the MSFS envirement. I think many guys misunderstood that question. So, my question was just about the coherentGTdraw which is responable for the displays. It creates micro stutter. Doesnt matter which version of MSFS and just want to know if these kind of micro stutter was experienced also with the CRJ. If not thats great. Anyway thank you for response @Mathijs Kok.

• Downvote 4
vor 4 Minuten, Tastenklopper07 sagte:

Will it be available at the same time on simmarket as Aerosoft Site?

Kauf am besten auf der Seite vom Hersteller um sie bestmöglich zu unterstützen. 

• Like 1
  • Root Admin
44 minutes ago, Tastenklopper07 said:

Will it be available at the same time on simmarket as Aerosoft Site?

I believe it will be 24 hours later.

2 hours ago, Hightower said:

Congratulations to the team. Looks excellent and much improved from the P3D version. Great to finally see the first payware higher fidelity aircraft for MSFS. Will be an instant buy for many.  

@The Dude   Excellent tutorials, and all explained very well. Thanks for putting the videos together.   I have no issue flying Boeings and Busses efficiently,  but the CRJ has quite some uniqueness to it, kind of like a MD-11 that has hybrid characteristics so will be nice to be more proficient in flying this aircraft.   Couple questions I havnt seen posted.    If it is, my apologies. 

1)   Is there no wind page for descent?   Since a fairly stiff nose on head wind, or direct tail wind, would change the TOD calculation and meeting any constraints.   Or how can you account for this in manual calculation? 

2)  Your taxiing is so smooth, and wondering if you have nosewheel steering setup.   I have tried using the 'set steering' in the controls on an axis but it does not work for any aircraft and always have to use the rudder which behaves weird on the ground except for maybe the GAs. 

Thank you

I'm double posting this as it didn't quote you the first time.

The advisory Vnav in the CRJ is based on an inputed flight path angle. Not winds. The aircraft will not calculate an optimized descent path factoring in winds. It will only show you what angle you ask for. It is up to pilot awareness to understand when a tailwind will make an angle impossible

• Like 2