24 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

Great series, one thing I noticed which is great is the logbook menu pops up after turning off the battery. I know it's a small thing but it does annoy me in the A320 it popping up after turning the engines off, it detracts from the realism of doing a turnaroud

I don't know if it's something that can be changed in the addon as it's an mfs thing. It's been requested and it seems like a pretty simple thing to remove or add a toggle setting to, nevertheless it's sim update 3 and they didn't do it yet... I agree it's annoying, especially when doing turnarounds but you just have to click your mouse once so it's not that bad.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

vor 2 Stunden , chiquito sagte:

Guys, IRL pilot here. The CRJ seems very very good regarding systems, IFR, and everything. After seeing the videos I think it's totally worth it, but for me, the airplane handling seems very inaccurate, touchy, very sensitive on final approach and on the runway during take-off roll. It is very important that the aircraft handling seems like the real deal. I find this problem with almost all MSFS aircrafts. That's not the behave of the actual aircraft, where you actually need to put a certain amount of control in order for it to move considerably, and it moves slowly and steady. Instead, what we are seeing is a rapid moviment like it was a cessna 150.

Hi! One of the IRL CRJ pilots here. Yes, MSFS aerodynamics seems a bit strange sometimes. I haven't watched the video yet but I can assure you, that in air the CRJ is very sensitive. Especially on approach you need small inputs all the time and trimming, trimming, trimming! I think I had to turn the yoke to the limit just once in 5 years on approach, just because of a vortex of a tripple7. But yeah, on ground it should behave like a "normal driving thing". Seems to be an MSFS issue, hope it will be patched some time.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Hi RL CFI and aircraft owner here. There are no sim I tried in RL (that includes FAA certified ones) resembles or feel one to one of controls of actual airplanes. I flew and instructed in  several  airplanes IRL that currently featured in MSFS. The rule of thumb for me (as long time simmer as well) is to tweak controls to what fit my perception of flying  actual counterpart IRL. That include 152, 172, Bonanza and so on. Not only I have to do it for each aircraft but also for each hardware I have (yoko plus, honecycomvb, TM, CH and so on).

There is absolutely no way to" transmit" 100% stick and rudder feel of real aircraft to each set of hardware. Level D sims did achieved close proximity but still not 100%. So bottom line it's up to each individual simmer how to tweak the control, mileage may vary though. Back to my days in P3D I used invited few of my friends who are also fellow CFIs in addition of airline captains. Since I have never flown 737, 777 in real life they helped to tweak my controls of  737/777 in sim to what they believe the best interpolation of actual controls!

Even Level D sims don't feel like the actual aircraft control wise. They are twitchy and don't land remotely like the real jet, the sim loves to float. I literally use only a half to a third of the control inputs I use on the real jet when I'm in the sim. And even then on the actual jet in normal flight I never have to use more then a quarter of control input on the ailerons. Far less on the elevator. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, riskas123 said:

I don't know if it's something that can be changed in the addon as it's an mfs thing. It's been requested and it seems like a pretty simple thing to remove or add a toggle setting to, nevertheless it's sim update 3 and they didn't do it yet... I agree it's annoying, especially when doing turnarounds but you just have to click your mouse once so it's not that bad.

True, it's only 1 click but it'll be good when hopefully it's removed, I think it's now on the top wishes list

• CRJ Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Chris Torres said:

Maybe there still time to fine tune the sensitivity of the steering esp on the ground while taxiing?

This will probably be something for each individual user to try in their MSFS control menu, since they do provide a lot of sensitivity options now to control the response curve. I believe profiles can be set for individual aircraft. The optimal settings will depend on the specific hardware being used for rudder control.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Developer

I have tried to match sensitivity close to pilots feedback and it is based on the default sensitivity of MSFS which -30%. Now Im using TM Pendular rudders with nice long travel and there I went to -40% on sensitivity just to compensate a bit that MSFS does not have a separate simulation of tiller and rudder control. I wanted it to turn sharply as the real one does, so that you can go into small airports or tight parking lots. So the rudder control becomes a bit sensitive on the TO run. That's why I streched the middle part of sensitivity for softer reaction but still have full deflection on apron. This helps with aircraft and good rudder pedals.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, Alexander Pressley said:

Even Level D sims don't feel like the actual aircraft control wise. They are twitchy and don't land remotely like the real jet, the sim loves to float. I literally use only a half to a third of the control inputs I use on the real jet when I'm in the sim. And even then on the actual jet in normal flight I never have to use more then a quarter of control input on the ailerons. Far less on the elevator. 

A flight instructor I flew with used to say of our IFR training sim: "if any real airplane flew the way the sim does, you would chop it up and sell it for scrap!"  It turns out that modeling aerodynamics in a convincing way is hard, and it's made even harder when you don't feel the world around you moving.  I can only remember one time I experienced a sudden large elevator input (instructor pulled the yoke back hard to simulate something like a wake turbulence encounter), and it was quite jarring/startling; in the sim, that would probably feel "normal" (or, at least, benign).

In fairness to Microsoft/Asobo (and Aerosoft/other devs), it is impossible for them to make a sim/aircraft that "feels" right for everyone's unique set-up.  To get the most out of the sim, you have to test and tweak your control settings until you are convinced it matches your expectations (as it is possible to make the 747 feel like an F-16 with the wrong settings).

• Upvote 1
48 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

True, it's only 1 click but it'll be good when hopefully it's removed, I think it's now on the top wishes list

Oh, it's on the top? I know a lot of people are mildly annoyed but I didn't expect top of the list lol

3 hours ago, chiquito said:

Guys, IRL pilot here. The CRJ seems very very good regarding systems, IFR, and everything. After seeing the videos I think it's totally worth it, but for me, the airplane handling seems very inaccurate, touchy, very sensitive on final approach and on the runway during take-off roll. It is very important that the aircraft handling seems like the real deal. I find this problem with almost all MSFS aircrafts. That's not the behave of the actual aircraft, where you actually need to put a certain amount of control in order for it to move considerably, and it moves slowly and steady. Instead, what we are seeing is a rapid moviment like it was a cessna 150.

A lot of what you see is just msfs, there's a number of thing Asobo want to address, as always these things are always evolving. You mitigate a lot of this, by playing with the sensitivity and reactivity settings - really helped me. I've had msfs feeling like both xplane and p3d, the reactivity is especially interesting. 

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, riskas123 said:

Oh, it's on the top? I know a lot of people are mildly annoyed but I didn't expect top of the list lol

Sorry not the top (last time I checked) but the top 10

I have one well basically two questions.

As I fly only online on Vatsim, can anyone explain how can I do the following things:

1) How can I fly direct to a waypoint which is in your flightplan, but which is not the next in line and

2) How can I fly direct to a waypoint which is NOT in my flighplan ?

In the A320 there is a DIR button where I can simply add the waypoint but how is it in the CRJ ?

19 minutes ago, YetiAir said:

I have one well basically two questions.

As I fly only online on Vatsim, can anyone explain how can I do the following things:

1) How can I fly direct to a waypoint which is in your flightplan, but which is not the next in line and

2) How can I fly direct to a waypoint which is NOT in my flighplan ?

In the A320 there is a DIR button where I can simply add the waypoint but how is it in the CRJ ?

You have two options. You can either go to the DIR INCT page and select the waypoint from the list. Or you can Find the waypoint on the legs page select it and move it into LS2 on the first page to go direct.

As for your second question you can just type it in to the scratchpad and insert it into LS2 and execute. But you'll have to do some flight plan management after that.

• Thanks 1

Just thinking ahead someone should probably do a CANPA/CDFA tutorial to help some of the simmers who want to do non precision approaches in this jet as close to reality as possible. They might not be used to doing an approach like that in an aircraft with advisory Vnav only. Might save some forum posts with people complaining about Vnav, LOC, or VOR approaches not working correctly.

• Upvote 1

I saw earlier in this forum that the performance of the CRJ was about 5-7 fps less than the A320N. For the current testers, does anyone know any more specifics on the condition of that test? I.E the system specs, the airport, and the settings?

vor 23 Minuten, mvjaws sagte:

I saw earlier in this forum that the performance of the CRJ was about 5-7 fps less than the A320N. For the current testers, does anyone know any more specifics on the condition of that test? I.E the system specs, the airport, and the settings?

The most present performance hook in the A32N FBW mod is the coherentGTdraw. Would be nice to know how the CRJ handle it. and if there is a similar performance hook related to the GTdraw.

1 hour ago, Carsten12 said:

The most present performance hook in the A32N FBW mod is the coherentGTdraw. Would be nice to know how the CRJ handle it. and if there is a similar performance hook related to the GTdraw.

Yeah, we were told to not talk more about performance but I share your concern. I don't know a lot about software (like... What even is GTdraw?) but one thing I know about hardware is that not everyone has an i9-9900K and a gtx3080 with 32gb of ram. Which by the sounds of things is around the area where the testers are, maybe a little bellow... I've got (let's call them sub-optimal specs) and run the a32n at maybe 25-30 fps. That wouldn't be a lot in the CRJ if that estimate holds up...

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, riskas123 said:

Yeah, we were told to not talk more about performance but I share your concern.

For some reason, many people here seem to have a perception that Aerosoft doesn't want anyone talking about the CRJ's performance related to post MSFS (Sim update3). 

IMHO, all they are saying is THIS PREVIEW forum is not the place for discussing current issues many MSFS users are experiencing and then "guessing" how this will affect the CRJ next Tuesday. They have simply stated NO ISSUES have been noted with performance since the recent sim update.  What else is there to discuss regarding this issue?

If your sim is having problems today flying ANY aircraft in MSFS, why on earth would you consider purchasing the CRJ on March 16 ONLY to have similar problems with the CRJ ?  Simply WAIT until your MSFS issues have been resolved and then you may purchase the CRJ with confidence.

I simply cannot wrap my head around how this concept is perceived as a bashing  by Aerosoft.  😩

Please remember, just as there are many users having many issues with MSFS, there are also many users having ZERO (or minor) issues with MSFS.  

We all know on March 16 we will have tons and tons of user reviews (especially about performance opinions).

Why not wait until after the CRJ is released , then you can come here and discuss everything about problems,  performance etc etc >>  https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/1025-aerosoft-crj/

• Like 5
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
45 minutes ago, vjcarlo said:

Simply WAIT until your MSFS issues have been resolved and then you may purchase the CRJ with confidence.

Then you have more patience than me good sir.

• Downvote 3
2 minutes ago, maxdv said:

For example if i try download this.

thanks.

79D9F4A1-0803-47C6-8137-F9D4046C84E4.jpeg

Try joining the club with the blue button on the top right of your screen, then download :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1