Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Bad news, I made an error with the uploading and now I have to start again. As this will take some time I will first post the video in 7 hours or so. Need to get some sleep first.

But the good news is that I will now post 2 videos tomorrow instead of one. ;)

So you're saying I shouldn't keep refreshing your YouTube...?  😄

8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yeah and no matter what we'll do, if you all want to buy it in the first half an hour, I bet you there will be problems. And while we sincerely 

will apologize, we'll also know that having a site that can handle exploded trafic costs an arm and a leg. Two legs.  Do not be offended, but if we see our shop systems slows down under too much money coming in, we try to fix it but at the same time we go give each other (virtual) high fives.  

I will take one for the team and wait. ( Definitely not because it will be midnight or later when it comes out.)

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

That would be me, no problems whatsoever here

Try to search ”RBT” in world map search, select the VOR which is south west of Paris, departure there (airborne) and click fly. Bug will be present instantly.

It happens occasionally when flying normally, but when it happens it’s game breaking.

vor 11 Stunden , Swagbasket sagte:

I've been reading manual vol. 3 and I have a question for our resident CRJ drivers: how come only VS mode is used on descent (irl) and not SPD?

Also a very useful and better than VS mode (not for descent) but for climb, is the pitch mode. Pressing VS once activates the VS mode, pressing it one more time, activates the pitch mode. Thereafter you use the VS-wheel for setting the pitch. 1 Click is 0.5°... so be gentle with that "scroll wheel" 😄

I show some examples further down for the CRJ900, but keep in mind that these pitch values will vary with your take-off weight. I will use a typical take-off weight of around 34t +/- 1t .

If you have no speed constraints on your departure route the following values are quite handy to have a nice steady climb, instead of oscilating into the skies 😄

After take-off when you move the thrust levers from the TOGA detend to the CLB detend set the pitch to 7.5° and the airplane will slowly accelerate with a good rate of climb and will keep a speed of around 250KIAS. So very handy when you are below FL100.

Passing FL100 reduce slowly the pitch to about 2° - 2.5° to reach a speed of ~290KIAS. It is advisable to keep your speed during climb not less than 290kias if you want to ceuise at higher levels, like FL390/400/410. Otherwise your climb rate will decrease to about 300-500 ft/min between ~FL330 and FL370. I personally call it the "thrust black hole" 😄

Pay attention to the Mach-Nr. during your climb. It should slowly increase... if it's almost steady, reduce pitch by 0.5°.

When reaching M.79, for further climb, adjust pitch to keep not less than M.79 and say hello to FL410 🙂

I know, might appear as a lot if numbers but if you try them a couple of times you'll get used to it quite quickly.

Of course no idea how accurate the flight model the AS CRJ is, the values above are reallife numbers.

Best regards and enjoy the CRJ!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Deputy Sheriffs

Get ready for 101 arguments from RW pilots that pitch mode is extremely dangerous as it leaves you with no speed protection. (Just like VS Mode ;) )

I use pitch mode a lot above FL300 btw. :)

• Like 2

vor 38 Minuten, The Dude sagte:

Get ready for 101 arguments from RW pilots that pitch mode is extremely dangerous as it leaves you with no speed protection. (Just like VS Mode ;) )

I use pitch mode a lot above FL300 btw. :)

😄 I know what you mean. But as all CRJ pilots know, this plane needs a lot of attention and is barely forgiving. No Autothrust/throttle, no real VNAV, no FLCH mode and so on... at least we are paid for working and not sleeping there 😄 no, I'm joking. Every aircraft has it's own quirks and the CRJ has a couple. 

Better use pitch than get airsick 😁 Discussion can begin!

• Like 2

I don't get what all the trouble about marketing was all about. We are a few days for release and I haven't seen much about the CRJ, except for the details I saw in this forum. I was expecting advertisements, teasers, youtubers, etc. But it is so quiet. The best marketing is this forum. I thought it would be big because the marketing department shut this forum down early 2021.

• Upvote 1

Took my holiday the week this comes out, what a coincidence lol, and considering we are still in a lockdown here, it will get most of my attention.😄

I am going to start learning now, I was reading the manual, I see you can select panel states from the efb, I heard you can also save states.  Do you save states under the efb or the fmc? Also, are those saved states in addition to the states it comes with?  This will be the flightsim highlight of the year for me.  So, thank-you Aerosoft for being the first larger aircraft add-on for Flight Simulator.

• Root Admin
11 hours ago, Xanys Lecix said:

I have been wondering something for these time arround, when is it expected to CRJ 900 and 1000 start being made? Or did they already start?

In progress already!

• Like 3

• Root Admin
8 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

@Mathijs KokI remember people reporting problems with regards to LNAV tracking (s-turns, airplane going back - forth) in the P3D versions. Is it safe to assume, given that it's a different sim, that these annoying problems won't be found in MSFS?

Indeed.
They are also solved in the P3D versions btw.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

The next video is online!

Thanks! One question regarding the “rule of thumb” for your descend: should you also take landing elevation into account for determining the fix ring in the FMC? So in this video you take the full FL240, but the actual descend will be less as the airport is not at an elevation of 0 ft 

• Aerosoft
13 hours ago, DFWSupertrooper said:

@Mathijs Kok will you guys be putting up a downloadable Bravo throttle profile for the CRJ by launch day?  I'll be using Alpha/Bravo for the CRJ.  Thanks!

Hello,

Here is a step by step tutorial showing how to setup the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle to work with the CRJ : 

The yoke is much easier, and only needs pitch and roll axes to be assigned from within the CONTROLS configuration in Flight Simulator.
As the Alpha yoke buttons layout and naming are specific to a pistion engine aircraft, it makes no sense to have a CRJ default assignments

profile as this could be misleading.
Simply assign the buttons to your needs.
image.png

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Deputy Sheriffs
30 minutes ago, Thijs010 said:

Thanks! One question regarding the “rule of thumb” for your descend: should you also take landing elevation into account for determining the fix ring in the FMC? So in this video you take the full FL240, but the actual descend will be less as the airport is not at an elevation of 0 ft 

The altitude minus the zeros times 3 is actually the starting point. I did not want to make the subject any more daunting to a new pilot in the video. You can also factor in the airport elevation, like you said, but also tail/head wind, high or low QNH, expected holding and or track miles and even level segments to reduce the speed if you go for an highspeed approach. 

We frequently do contests in the cockpit to see who can come up with the most accurate number for that flight. And if you are flying to a nightstop destination you can actually make the contest about something. ;) 

• Like 6

The next video is online!

As a VR user, I have a question about when you were entering the airport elevation and had opened the window to be able to see both the control knob, on the overhead, and the display.

In VR, are you able to look up, position the mouse pointer over the control knob, look down at the display and still use the control wheel/mouse click to adjust the value on the display?   

This might apply to a fair few of the controls and i am not certain whether this functionality would be in the control of MSFS or of aircraft developers.

It seemed to me that the time to go to EDDM was a bit short on the approach. About 4 minutes for 40 track miles at FL110 would indicate expected GS of 600 kts. Is this an issue, or is it as featured on the real CRJ?

I thought the 10 minutes for the 80 NM right before TOD was a little amitious as well, but at least a bit closer to the current GS of 403kts

AND: amazing videos!!

Il prossimo video è online!

Hi Dude, fantastic video and explanation! I'll wait for second video.

But I have just one question (maybe stupid) but I have not even found in the CRJ manuals.
How did you determine the distance in the "FIX" menu?
where did you read the distances or how did you calculate them?

image.thumb.png.4655a584772196e2c74864f5e7a26f5a.png

2 minutes ago, simone guanziroli said:

How did you determine the distance in the "FIX" menu?
where did you read the distances or how did you calculate them?

Thedude did explain in the video, the 72nm range ring was where he calculated his TOD to be (24x3) and the 30nm was where he expected to be at 10000' (10x3)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

Thedude did explain in the video, the 72nm range ring was where he calculated his TOD to be (24x3) and the 30nm was where he expected to be at 10000' (10x3)

ahh ok! sorry, now I understand! the classic "formula" to calculate the estimated descent distance. 

thank you very much guys....can't wait to have it!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

vor 30 Minuten, simone guanziroli sagte:

can't wait to have it!!!

So true 👍 I think this is the first time in my life where I will be happy that the weekend is over on monday because the CRJ is arround the corner on tuesday 😁

• Upvote 2