Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

• Root Admin
21 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Good question, I was wondering the same. I think this going to be one of the biggest single product releases in the history of flight sims. Probably along the lines of the PMDG NGX release for FSX.

Yeah and no matter what we'll do, if you all want to buy it in the first half an hour, I bet you there will be problems. And while we sincerely 

will apologize, we'll also know that having a site that can handle exploded trafic costs an arm and a leg. Two legs.  Do not be offended, but if we see our shop systems slows down under too much money coming in, we try to fix it but at the same time we go give each other (virtual) high fives.  

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, bluemoon51 said:

Good point about the servers, I will nobly volunteer myself to download it first......................... to make sure it works for everyone else!!!!!

I'll join you, I think there's needs to be a couple of volunteers ;)

On the note of the team, we (the customers) do need to give you a massive thank you, we've seen and heard the stories of Hans, Stefan and everyone else working long hours to get the project done, like everyone else here, I can't wait to get many hours behind the yoke. I'm sure this project is going to be a massive success and a great indicator for the next decade or so of flight sim so thank you @Mathijs Kok and the team!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, EasternT3 said:

I'll join you, I think there's needs to be a couple of volunteers ;)

On the note of the team, we (the customers) do need to give you a massive thank you, we've seen and heard the stories of Hans, Stefan and everyone else working long hours to get the project done, like everyone else here, I can't wait to get many hours behind the yoke. I'm sure this project is going to be a massive success and a great indicator for the next decade or so of flight sim so thank you @Mathijs Kok and the team!

Agreed with regards the team, this has been a really fun journey and something I will remember for a long time.... and I don't even have the end result yet!!!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Edwardthepilot said:

The best way to do a controlled descent without oscillations in the CRJ is to use the VS mode. The only place and reason I would use SPD mode (or rather descent mode) would be when getting told to reduce and keep a speed inside a TMA while descending. Initially I would set VS to get the descent rate I wanted, adjust the thrust levers to the speed I was told to keep. Then I would when these two where met hit and engage the Descent Speed Mode and just do minor corrections as we get further down to adjust my rate of descent slightly. ;) 

The CRJ will irl oscillate ALOT if you try starting descent from cruise down to landing with SPD mode. This naturally as your IAS vs pitch vs VS changes with a number of factors as you descend from high up in the atmosphere down towards ground. That is why SPD mode most likely is not mentioned. I have never seen anyone out on the line use it apart from in the scenario I mentioned above. :)

Terrific answer!  Thanks so very much for an excellent contribution!

• Like 2

Another question for @Mathijs Kok out of curiosity...based on the traffic here in the preview forum, and the assumption that MSFS has indeed attracted the most sizeable community of simmers in the world to date (as far as it appears) is it safe to say the CRJ will be the highest volume sales product in Aerosoft history?

Just now, Jeremy Walcott said:

@Car147 There is potentially a memory leak in the update causing massive fps drops. Hoping Asobo sends a hotfix. Hopefully it has no effect on the CRJ. 

Of course it has effect on the crj because it doesn’t matter which aircraft is in use. Let’s hope for a hotfix soon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xanys Lecix said:

I have been wondering something for these time arround, when is it expected to CRJ 900 and 1000 start being made? Or did they already start?

From what I understand it is estimated the 900/1000 expansion will be released roughly 6-12 weeks after the 700/550 release.

Just now, UptownJones7 said:

From what I understand it is estimated the 900/1000 expansion will be released roughly 6-12 weeks after the 700/550 release.

That's right, what i'm mainly asking if the progress has already started or not yet.

1 minute ago, Xanys Lecix said:

That's right, what i'm mainly asking if the progress has already started or not yet.

I would say probably yes, if you take the shorter 6 weeks, it will probably be in beta for 3-4 weeks so 2-3 weeks for everything (modelling/coding) *seems*  a bit short, I would say potentially the 900/1000 were modelled around the time of the 550/700 but that is a guess, 

1 minute ago, EasternT3 said:

I would say probably yes, if you take the shorter 6 weeks, it will probably be in beta for 3-4 weeks so 2-3 weeks for everything (modelling/coding) *seems*  a bit short, I would say potentially the 900/1000 were modelled around the time of the 550/700 but that is a guess, 

The 900/1000 being modeled with the 700 isn't much of a stretch...get it?  Stretch... 🦗 🦗 😄

• Like 3

Here's an idea...how about we stay on topic.  Any perceived issues that may or may not exist on a "massive" scale 🙄 certainly aren't affecting an aircraft that hasn't launched and like all of the other "massive" issues reported in the MSFS forums, they're typically isolated to certain users in certain conditions once fully investigated.

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, DFWSupertrooper said:

The 900/1000 being modeled with the 700 isn't much of a stretch...get it?  Stretch... 🦗 🦗 😄

That actually made me giggle after a bad football match so thanks :) 

• Like 2

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 minutes ago, Jeremy Walcott said:

@bLindye Technically the issue is not affecting everyone! 

That would be me, no problems whatsoever here. 

Btw, as soon as YT is finished with doing its thing I will post the next video. ETA less than an hour.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

• Deputy Sheriffs

Bad news, I made an error with the uploading and now I have to start again. As this will take some time I will first post the video in 7 hours or so. Need to get some sleep first.

But the good news is that I will now post 2 videos tomorrow instead of one. ;)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Edwardthepilot said:

The best way to do a controlled descent without oscillations in the CRJ is to use the VS mode. The only place and reason I would use SPD mode (or rather descent mode) would be when getting told to reduce and keep a speed inside a TMA while descending. Initially I would set VS to get the descent rate I wanted, adjust the thrust levers to the speed I was told to keep. Then I would when these two where met hit and engage the Descent Speed Mode and just do minor corrections as we get further down to adjust my rate of descent slightly. ;) 

The CRJ will irl oscillate ALOT if you try starting descent from cruise down to landing with SPD mode. This naturally as your IAS vs pitch vs VS changes with a number of factors as you descend from high up in the atmosphere down towards ground. That is why SPD mode most likely is not mentioned. I have never seen anyone out on the line use it apart from in the scenario I mentioned above. :)

Here is one other great use of SPD mode in the CRJ:

If you have a depressurization in-flight and need to start an emergency descent down to 10,000' or the Minimium Off Route Altitude in mountainous terrain, after initially selecting in a lower altitude, pressing SPD mode for the descent with the thrust levers at IDLE and the flight spoilers deployed will ensure that you get maximum descent to the lower altitude without an increase in airspeed (per the checklist you will later be working through). SPD mode is great for allowing the crew to spend more time focusing on checklists and communications in this situation.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Walcott said:

@Car147 There is potentially a memory leak in the update causing massive fps drops. Hoping Asobo sends a hotfix. Hopefully it has no effect on the CRJ. 

Thank you,